INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the alternate number for dialing an 855 toll-free number from Mexico?

+2
Gamina
suegarn
6 posters

Go down

What is the alternate number for dialing an 855 toll-free number from Mexico? Empty What is the alternate number for dialing an 855 toll-free number from Mexico?

Post by suegarn Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:47 pm

I have the list for the other ones, like 800 or 888, but I can't find the alternative for 855. TIA.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What is the alternate number for dialing an 855 toll-free number from Mexico? Empty Re: What is the alternate number for dialing an 855 toll-free number from Mexico?

Post by Gamina Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:01 pm

Can't tell you off my head, but google will know. Try Sr. Google
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What is the alternate number for dialing an 855 toll-free number from Mexico? Empty Re: What is the alternate number for dialing an 855 toll-free number from Mexico?

Post by Carry Bean Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:41 pm

001-844

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:36 am

Gamina wrote:Can't tell you off my head, but google will know.  Try Sr. Google

Google told me 884

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Someone has mis-typed.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Why use toll-free numbers? They are not free from MX. Just use their regular number, it will be free.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:32 pm

Gamina wrote:Someone has mis-typed.

Yep. Should have been 01-884

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Sometimes it's difficult to find a non-toll free number. It's amazing though what a look in the local phone directory will come up with. Not long ago someone was looking for the non-toll free number for a govt. office in Washington DC. I was actually able to find a free DC phone book and got the local number for her. Surprise, surprise.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Agreed TR. However, sometimes there is no regular number to call... like Apple help. I was just charged 138 pesos for a 23 minute call last month (and 186 pesos for a 31 minute call to the same number the month before that) with Telmex.
Someone on TOB said these calls were free with Telcel??? I don't know because I had to leave my cell phone free to get text message codes to input.
It's not really a lot of money but for the aggravation and time spent to no avail to kick start the iPad.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Thank you to everyone for your help. I was able to get through using the 884 exchange in place of 855.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:18 pm

ferret wrote:Agreed TR. However, sometimes there is no regular number to call... like Apple help. I was just charged 138 pesos for a 23 minute call last month (and 186 pesos for a 31 minute call to the same number the month before that) with Telmex.
Someone on TOB said these calls were free with Telcel??? I don't know because I had to leave my cell phone free to get text message codes to input.
It's not really a lot of money but for the aggravation and time spent to no avail to kick start the iPad.

Do you have the Apple Support app on your IPad?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Sigh. It's really tough to use your iPad when Apple has disabled it. I couldn't get into the iPad for months and was scrambling because I wanted to take it with me on my trip. No luck and, quite frankly, Apple and its support are useless. I finally downloaded two phone doctor programs to my windows computer, plugged in the iPad, unlocked it and wiped it clean. Now at least it's usable. And no I will never buy another Apple product. Bum iPhone and problems with iPad. I'm done. YMMV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down