INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dialing telephones within Mexico will become simpler starting August.

+2
RoyD
CanuckBob
6 posters

Go down

Dialing telephones within Mexico will become simpler starting August. Empty Dialing telephones within Mexico will become simpler starting August.

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:56 am

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/telephone-dialing-will-change-and-become-simpler-in-august/

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Dialing telephones within Mexico will become simpler starting August. Empty Re: Dialing telephones within Mexico will become simpler starting August.

Post by RoyD Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:46 pm

Great. Just in time for our visit. We will be arriving Aug 1, but do not have anything booked yet. My wife and I are OFFICIALLY retired and moving to Florida this month. When our house sells in Virginia, we will book whatever we can find for 2 months. Slim pickin's down there and rents much higher.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Dialing telephones within Mexico will become simpler starting August. Empty Re: Dialing telephones within Mexico will become simpler starting August.

Post by simpsca Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:13 am

When I moved here, if you lived in San Antonio, for example, you only dialed the last 4 numbers:)
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:49 pm

interesting, simpsca. I remember in 1997, those in Chapala rather than dialing 765-1234, one dialed 5-1234 and in Ajijic, rather than dialing 766-1234, one dialed 6-1234.

I also remember how slow our first internet provider offered when he first went live in about May 1997. In those days one could get up to 28.8 bits per second. Today many get between 5 and 10 megabits per second and some more than twice that, which is still slow in comparison to the internet speeds offered in larger cities.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Until the 7 number procedure came into effect, it was 5 numbers, at least from the mid 1970´s.
SAT was a 6 prefix and Chula Vista was a 5, but then they changed CV to a 6.
I´ve had the same land line number for 37 years.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Dialing telephones within Mexico will become simpler starting August. Empty House available in Chula Vista Norte

Post by solajijic Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:53 pm

RoyD wrote:Great. Just in time for our visit. We will be arriving Aug 1, but do not have anything booked yet. My wife and I are OFFICIALLY retired and moving to Florida this month. When our house sells in Virginia, we will book whatever we can find for 2 months. Slim pickin's down there and rents much higher.

Friends are discussing their annual treck north right now and that is their usual time frame. 2 beds/2 baths pool, GORGEOUS high up view, you will need a vehicle. Send a message with contact email.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down