INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendations for Optician for Rx Sun glasses

+4
David
Pedro
gringal
sm1mex
8 posters

Go down

Recommendations for Optician for Rx Sun glasses Empty Recommendations for Optician for Rx Sun glasses

Post by sm1mex Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:06 am

Would appreciate any recommendations for optician at lakeside.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Optician for Rx Sun glasses Empty Re: Recommendations for Optician for Rx Sun glasses

Post by gringal Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:21 am

sm1mex wrote:Would appreciate any recommendations for optician at lakeside.

I've had good luck with the Optician in the same strip next to the carreterra as Telmex in Ajijic. If the glasses come back from the factory and aren't exactly right, they don't hesitate to send them back until they are. Very pleasant lady in charge; speaks very good English; gives excellent exam.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Optician for Rx Sun glasses Empty Re: Recommendations for Optician for Rx Sun glasses

Post by sm1mex Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am

I have seen that little shop. I need frames. Do they have a good selection?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:43 am

sm1mex wrote:I have seen that little shop.  I need frames.  Do they have a good selection?

Not so great as some if you want "designer" types, but okay if you want to keep it fairly simple. I was happy enough with what they have had recently.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:45 am

Don't need designer frames, just something that isn't ugly and will be functional for a while.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:34 pm

we use the "optometrist"  in chapala on hidalgo roughly across from coldwell banker re. there is a flower shop beside him. his english is not too good but probly good enough.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:16 pm

Go see Luz, the optician who visits LCS. None better Lakeside IMHO.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:37 am

Luz did trifocals for me and old fashioned hard contacts for my wife. Her father was an optician also. She is also charming and very professional.  Agree with David.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:54 am

What about frames, does Luz have a good selection of frames? Do you have to be a member of LCS to use her services?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:04 am

the one thing you cannot get around here are glass lenses in regular and sun. i had to go to guadalajara and the optician got lucky and found some blanks in a warehouse in mexico city. i could only get bifocal for sun but tri for clear
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:21 am

I had progressive clear lens made by Dr. Pinto a few years ago. He had to send the frames to Mexico City to get the lens ground. Took about a week. I'll check out his frames also for sun glasses.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:28 am

Trailrunner wrote:What about frames, does Luz have a good selection of frames? Do you have to be a member of LCS to use her services?

I thought her selection of frames was good. All medical services at LCS are available to the public.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:15 pm

My trifocals darken and lighten responding to the sun. 

Drift
 I saw an ad that we can buy prescription polaroid lenses now at least in Canada where I saw the ad. Any body know about this??   I love polaroid sun glasses and wear them all the time. I would love a set of distant glasses with a little bifocal at the bottom to see the dashboard or read prices in focus with polaroid type filtering. You do get addicted to polaroid filtering after a while.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Dra Luz did a great job on my glasses - the first pair of bifocals I can actually wear and read with. She has a decent selection of frames.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks, David and Flamingo, I will go see Luz. Is she there everyday? Hours? Thanks again.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:11 pm

She comes on Thursdays. Need to sign up on the sheet at the rear of LCS in advance.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:18 pm

As I recall it's only Thursdays. Check the LCS website or the office to learn. You do need to sign-up for an appointment.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Thanks!
Think I'll wait until the birds have flown the coop.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:35 am

Appt for new patients are only in Morning.  Afternoon is for fitting and adjustment type work FYI.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:01 am

I got polaroid sun glass lenses in Giadalajara from Dr. Patzka. They are available in Mexico. And yes they are adictive!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:30 am

simpsca wrote:I got polaroid sun glass lenses in Giadalajara from Dr. Patzka. They are available in Mexico. And yes they are adictive!

Perscription? 

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:40 am

Dr. Paczka examined my eyes and wrote the prescription, ordered the lenses put in frames I already had.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down