INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing a ride to Costco and a membership card?

+6
benjji
oncesubtle
Jerry00
Flamingo
borderreiver
mexicancorazon
10 posters

Go down

Sharing a ride to Costco and a membership card? Empty Sharing a ride to Costco and a membership card?

Post by mexicancorazon Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:57 pm

I have to do a trip to Costco next week- flexible day, and was wondering if anyone else wants to come and share gas expenses. I may also go to some other of the big box stores while I am there.

If you are a LCS member Costco is offering a special discount, on membership. I would be interested in sharing a membership with someone- this is allowed by Costco policy.

PM me if you are interested in either option..

mexicancorazon

Back to top Go down

Sharing a ride to Costco and a membership card? Empty Re: Sharing a ride to Costco and a membership card?

Post by borderreiver Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Newbie person. I don't get your post. Apparently you have and can afford a vehicle in Mexico and run it. You're going to Costco to shop. Got that. You want someone to share the fuel expenses for that trip. Got that. The gist is you do not have a Costco card and wish to share a future membership and save $. If you can afford the above you can afford a Costco card. (Question deleted by mod.)
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Sharing a ride to Costco and a membership card? Empty Re: Sharing a ride to Costco and a membership card?

Post by Flamingo Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:15 am

OK sometimes a person who may not plan to shop at Costco on a regular basis would like to share a card. And some people are just thrifty. This person's budget and financial statement are really NOT your business.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry00 Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:03 am

Not thrifty just cheap

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:31 am

You've said the reason you lived here was because it was fairly cheap. Why the rag on a newbie?
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by benjji Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:43 am

What is wrong with trying to save money? I share a Sam's Card; a Costco Card; a Mailbox; and many other ways to spend less....

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Sharing a ride to Costco and a membership card? Empty I would rather donate my money to care for animals than waste it

Post by mexicancorazon Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:14 am

It makes good common sense to car pool and not waste gas on one person driving in a car. I believe this is a widely held belief by educated people in the world.

I would rather share a membership, which has been promoted by LCS than waste the money. It is also promoted by Costco as an option.

I would rather use the extra money to donate to care for homeless animals.

But my assumption based on a few of the posts, that this person is someone who shops at the most expensive store, refuses to take advantage of discounts, doesn't negotiate when buying a car or a house, because, I assume they somehow feel morally superior?

I call them foolish and bored, but so be it.

I encourage them to spend their time volunteering than wasting it posting ridiculous, time wasting comments. If someone wants to share a ride or a membership, please let me know.

mexicancorazon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry00 Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:37 am

I have taken some gringos to Sams and Costco to shop.  I would never ask for gas money.  I am not cheap as some our.  I also donate to the local charities. If people are so hard up why don't they remain up north where they have plenty of social programs which they could use.

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:10 am

Jerry00 wrote:I have taken some gringos to Sams and Costco to shop.  I would never ask for gas money.  I am not cheap as some our.  I also donate to the local charities. If people are so hard up why don't they remain up north where they have plenty of social programs which they could use.

Jerry00, this is not a question of being cheap, but rather one of trying to make what one has go a far as reasonably possible. The trip to Costco does not represent only a financial cost, but also an environmental one. I don't think anybody would find fault with trying to minimize one's carbon footprint.  The early consensus here is one of reason and not reaction. Why don't you come along and share the ride?
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry00 Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:21 am

Give me a break, stopping environmental problems here in Mexico is a joke. It won't happen. Poultion controls are not enforced. Do you realy think that the average Mexican cares. The just want a job to survive.

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:35 am

Jerry00 wrote:Give me a break, stopping environmental problems here in Mexico is a joke.  It won't happen.  Poultion controls are not enforced.  Do you realy think that the average Mexican cares.  The just want a job to survive.  

Why, I think you're absolutely right: why care, why try? Let's all just sit in front of the tube and stare vacantly. apathy's a doodle ain't it?

Get well soon.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:39 am

mexicancorazon wrote:I have to do a trip to Costco next week- flexible day,  and was wondering if anyone else wants to come and share gas expenses. I may also go to some other of the big box stores while I am there.

If you are a LCS member Costco is offering a special discount, on membership. I would be interested in sharing a membership with someone- this is allowed by Costco policy.

There was another forum member wanting to share a Costco membership recently,I think her screen name is coyotewildwomen,you might try sending her a PM..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:40 am

Jerry00 wrote:Give me a break, stopping environmental problems here in Mexico is a joke.  It won't happen.  Poultion controls are not enforced.  Do you realy think that the average Mexican cares.  The just want a job to survive.  

It has happened, is happening and according to the article linked below Mexico will become the first developing nation to reduce greenhouse gasses. Mexico City has had an aggressive smog control program for years, in the 70's it was so thick some days you couldn't see 4 blocks. So what makes you think the average Mexican cares less about their environment than any of the other world's citizens?

Have a read:

MEXICO CITY – Mexico has become the first developing nation to submit pollutant reduction goals for next fall’s Paris climate change talks, pledging Friday to cut greenhouse gas and short-lived climate pollutants 25 percent by 2030.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/mar/29/mexico-sets-2030-date-to-cut-pollution-25-percent/

I think the joke might be on you.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:04 am; edited 2 times in total
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:44 am

Jerry00, it is amazing what someone's innocuous post has brought out from you.
I don't know you but I feel kind of sorry for you.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:15 am

Jerry00 wrote:Not thrifty just cheap

Sharing a ride to Costco and a membership card? Eye-spy-chamber-pot-300x261

I can remember when there was a "JERRY" under every bed.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:29 am

viajero wrote:
mexicancorazon wrote:I have to do a trip to Costco next week- flexible day,  and was wondering if anyone else wants to come and share gas expenses. I may also go to some other of the big box stores while I am there.

There was another forum member wanting to share a Costco membership recently,I think her screen name is coyotewildwomen,you might try sending her a PM..

Hey wadda you know,coyotewildwoman just posted on chapala.com asking about sharing a Costco membership,I suggest you contact her,mexicocorazon....

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down