INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking a great veterinarian in Lake Chapala

+8
Lady Otter Latté
blabbyabbey
itsme
Flamingo
Pedro
David
Rosa Venus
pamarie
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Seeking a great veterinarian in Lake Chapala - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeking a great veterinarian in Lake Chapala

Post by Flamingo Fri May 01, 2015 4:18 pm

We were in a couple of days ago because our dog was attacked by some mean dogs and suffered three bite wounds. Dras. Carla and Letty took wonderful care of her. My Spanish is iffy but husband is pretty fluent so between Carla who speaks some English and Letty who speaks very little, we managed very well.

I'd go to Dr Baron for ortho surgery related stuff and the team at Dr. B's for everything else.

Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Seeking a great veterinarian in Lake Chapala - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeking a great veterinarian in Lake Chapala

Post by simpsca Fri May 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Flamingo, so sorry to hear about your dog. I don't walk Meggie any longer because of the risk - one almost got her one day. We play ball in my large yard.

I would also only go to Dr. Baron for serious orthopedic stuff. I like most of the local vets for more routine problems. Dr. Omar in west Ajijic came to my home on Good Friday despite getting caught in the parade traffic. My lab was excavating pot holes in the yard and injured herself. Cost of betamethasone injection and house call on Good Friday - 850 pesos - around $50. He is close to my home and is my new favorite local vet.

But again Dr. Baron for serious stuff.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Sat May 02, 2015 11:21 am

This is bizarre & a coincidence. We are in Italy with some Lakeside friends. They have their daughter pet sitting their 3 dogs. Their female Jack Russell has been limping for about 4-5 days. Their daughter just got home from taking her to Dr. Ladrone after their own vet couldn't quite diagnose the problem. Dr.Ladrone said it is a torn ACL. She will be having surgery on Monday. Cost is 3500 pesos, less than $250usd.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by pamarie Thu May 14, 2015 6:55 am

My dog is healing beautifully from her ACL surgery and should be in great shape for our drive down. Thanks for all the feedback on Vets down there. I will have to take her in for follow up treatment so I feel good about the recommendations from everyone!

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2