INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

perrys pizza

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by slainte39 Wed May 13, 2015 12:10 pm

itsme wrote:A friend got this pizza yesterday due to Pedro saying it was good, she called me and told me she was disappointed in it. She also said Dominos is better.

I had a feeling that Pedro's "conversion" might/would be a curse laid on poor Perry. It has confused his pizza making prowess and he needs to visit a bruja.  lol!


Domino's is behind this whole mess as the B of D are fearful of Perry bringing down their empire.  We need to support our local guy in his time of trouble and need,

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9342
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Wed May 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Beyond Bruja:
It isn't just about the pizza.

On the one hand, you can pick up the phone, call Domino's and have a pizza delivered to your door while you do something else.  You can "enhance" it if you want to.  It's not that bad and the crust is pretty good.

Or, you can drive over to Perry's if you're outside his delivery area, attempt to find reasonable parking, sit in a plastic chair in a converted garage and wait while your pizza is made.  Then you can drive it home, heat it up a little and finally, get to EAT it.

Choices.
Maybe a Bruja could help here.  
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11561
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by suegarn Wed May 13, 2015 6:49 pm

I can't believe that any of you think that Domino's has good pizza! It's just awful!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Wed May 13, 2015 7:09 pm

suegarn wrote:I can't believe that any of you think that Domino's has good pizza!  It's just awful!

As I'm sure you know, there's no accounting for taste. So, what's your favorite pizza around here, eh?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11561
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by suegarn Wed May 13, 2015 9:13 pm

gringal wrote:
suegarn wrote:I can't believe that any of you think that Domino's has good pizza!  It's just awful!

As I'm sure you know, there's no accounting for taste.  So, what's your favorite pizza around here, eh?

So far, I've only had pizza delivery from three places, Domino's, Perry's and Valenciana's. Of the three so far, I would rate Valenciana at number 1, Perry's at number 2, and Domino's at number 3!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Chapalagringa Wed May 13, 2015 11:51 pm

itsme wrote:A friend got this pizza yesterday due to Pedro saying it was good, she called me and told me she was disappointed in it. She also said Dominos is better.

Your friend has never eaten Italian pizza, she won't get it...tell her to enjoy Dominos and keep them in business. Probably still likes Taco Bell for tacos ;)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1324
Join date : 2011-05-30
Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Thu May 14, 2015 10:07 am

Chapalagringa wrote:
itsme wrote:A friend got this pizza yesterday due to Pedro saying it was good, she called me and told me she was disappointed in it. She also said Dominos is better.

Your friend has never eaten Italian pizza, she won't get it...tell her to enjoy Dominos and keep them in business.  Probably still likes Taco Bell for tacos ;)

Have to agree with you there.
Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11561
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by mapleleaf Thu May 14, 2015 10:27 am

There is no such thing as bad pizza...the scale starts at good and climbs to Oh My Gawd!!!

I haven't had a Domino's pizza in about 25 years, but back then I thought it was one of the better big chains (which isn't necesarrily saying much).

Unfortunately, I live in a pizza wasteland at the moment. The best pizza around where I live comes out of my oven.
mapleleaf
mapleleaf
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 88
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 56
Location : Chapala

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Thu May 14, 2015 10:40 am

actually as far as big chains go pizza hut is better than dominos. but they ain't here and now that perrys deliver i don't care. since he does deliver gringal why don't you order one?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Thu May 14, 2015 11:00 am

Pedro wrote:actually as far as big chains go pizza hut is better than dominos. but they ain't here and now that perrys deliver i don't care. since he does deliver gringal why don't you order one?

I make my own from the frozen Costco boxes of four, each just itching to be augmented with top quality cheeses, pepperoni from italy, Spanish olives and fresh mushrooms. I like 'em better than what I've had "out there". Toscana's used to be good, but they had an "attitude problem" after the owner's temper suffered from excess stress, I guess.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11561
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Thu May 14, 2015 11:55 am

toscana was nothing more than those californiac abortions-yech! pita bread crust.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Thu May 14, 2015 12:16 pm

Pedro wrote:toscana was nothing more than those californiac abortions-yech! pita bread crust.

I haven't been there for years. In the beginning, it was good crust. Now, speaking of Californiacs, bet you never had a real Italian family pizza like I used to get in Ca.
Edmonton???? pfft.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11561
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Thu May 14, 2015 2:05 pm

tony learned his trade in italy from his papa and then honed it in newyawk. before opening the pizza place it was a family italian grocery store in edmonton's little italy. ya can't get more italian family than that -SNORK!. he was also a hunting buddy and sal used to come with us when he was about 10. i thunk ya lost the bet.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by slainte39 Thu May 14, 2015 2:52 pm

gringal wrote:
Pedro wrote:actually as far as big chains go pizza hut is better than dominos. but they ain't here and now that perrys deliver i don't care. since he does deliver gringal why don't you order one?

I make my own from the frozen Costco boxes of four, each just itching to be augmented with top quality cheeses, pepperoni from italy, Spanish olives and fresh mushrooms.  I like 'em better than what I've had "out there".  Toscana's used to be good, but they had an "attitude problem" after the owner's temper suffered from excess stress, I guess.
Beer



What does it cost for a pizza delivery from Costco, as I believe you don't like driving that far and delivery would only be through an intermediate service.  Most of the local delivery people expect some kind of a tip for their service.
Almost all pizzas can or should be augmented, if you desire.  I've never had one from a pizzeria that had too much in the way of toppings and had to be "doctored" down.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9342
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Thu May 14, 2015 2:56 pm

i took my own bacon to toscana a coupla times until i got fed up with his crappy pizza.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Thu May 14, 2015 3:04 pm

gringal wrote:Looks good, but the delivery time from Edmonton could be a problem.

Now, about Californiacs,  which I admit to being one of:  Anyone who lived near Los Angeles and ever had one of Maselli's pizzas KNOWS it's the best.

Domino's???? Get on the moto and go to Perry's.  His fans on here couldn't ALL be crazy.


you must not have had one because it's called miceli's. now go order a perry's.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Thu May 14, 2015 5:54 pm

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:
Pedro wrote:actually as far as big chains go pizza hut is better than dominos. but they ain't here and now that perrys deliver i don't care. since he does deliver gringal why don't you order one?

I make my own from the frozen Costco boxes of four, each just itching to be augmented with top quality cheeses, pepperoni from italy, Spanish olives and fresh mushrooms.  I like 'em better than what I've had "out there".  Toscana's used to be good, but they had an "attitude problem" after the owner's temper suffered from excess stress, I guess.
Beer



What does it cost for a pizza delivery from Costco, as I believe you don't like driving that far and delivery would only be through an intermediate service.  Most of the local delivery people expect some kind of a tip for their service.
Almost all pizzas can or should be augmented, if you desire.  I've never had one from a pizzeria that had too much in the way of toppings and had to be "doctored" down.

No, I've never needed to "doctor down" a pizzeria product either. Rolling Eyes

I use Cynthia Ornelas' service for getting goods from Costco. She charges 100 pesos regardless of how many items you order. You don't need a Costco card, and this has to be cheaper than driving unless a person enjoys the driving and shopping experience itself. No thanks, personally. She takes the order on her website by 5 pm Tuesdays and delivers to your door on Thursday. She will also go to Sam's and a few other places.
So far, very reliable. Right now, she's in the states visiting family.
There's another service that does Costo runs, but I don't remember the fees. That's Lakeside Express.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11561
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by kb9gzg Fri May 15, 2015 7:00 am

Pedro wrote:i shoulda said that perrys is the best pizza here. it ain't that californiac tripe.

Yessssss. Welcome aboard, Pedro.
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 294
Join date : 2012-05-06

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by slainte39 Fri May 15, 2015 10:14 am

kb9gzg wrote:
Pedro wrote:i shoulda said that perrys is the best pizza here. it ain't that californiac tripe.

Yessssss. Welcome aboard, Pedro.

 Perry learned his pizza culinary skills in California. Shocked scratch lol!

Obviously he is not copying the lame excuses for pizza that we have had locally.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9342
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by viajero Fri May 15, 2015 10:28 am

slainte39 wrote:
kb9gzg wrote:
Pedro wrote:i shoulda said that perrys is the best pizza here. it ain't that californiac tripe.
 Perry learned his pizza culinary skills in California. Shocked scratch lol!
Jajaja..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Fri May 15, 2015 11:24 am

slainte39 wrote:
kb9gzg wrote:
Pedro wrote:i shoulda said that perrys is the best pizza here. it ain't that californiac tripe.

Yessssss. Welcome aboard, Pedro.

 Perry learned his pizza culinary skills in California. Shocked scratch lol!

Obviously he is not copying the lame excuses for pizza that we have had locally.
i would suggest that not all cali pizzarias serve up the trendy tripe. my daughter took us to a good one in san diego. the dumps around here fer some reason want to emulate the trendy crap which started in californiac and seems to have spread like a plague. by the way,i never heard of hawiian pizza[ham and pieapple] until i moved west. gag me with a spoon!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Fri May 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Ham and pineapple is a mortal sin against the Great Pizza

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11561
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Fri May 15, 2015 1:35 pm

anybody that eats it should turn catholic and say 1000 hail marys per day until they stop that
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by slainte39 Fri May 15, 2015 5:56 pm

It's a Buddhist thing for relaxation.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9342
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by slainte39 Fri May 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Forgot to mention that Pope Frank likes real Italian pizza with meat, while the Dalai Lama goes for pineapple and artichoke pizza.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9342
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Fri May 15, 2015 7:10 pm

slainte39 wrote:Forgot to mention that Pope Frank likes real Italian pizza with meat, while the Dalai Lama goes for pineapple and artichoke pizza.

THAT has be be the grossist combo ever!
perrys pizza - Page 2 968748

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11561
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 2 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum