INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

perrys pizza

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by kb9gzg Sat May 23, 2015 7:40 am

Jim W wrote:
suegarn wrote:I'm sorry, but this thread is getting f***ing ridiculous!  That's why I go to TOB when I actually need to find out something for real!  This webboard is getting to be a farce!

I am with you Suegarn!    Since kb9gzg became a member there have been over 50 pages about pizza! perrys pizza - Page 4 851398
I would suggest anyone wanting great pizza, don't move here.......   scratch lol!

...getting?.... Shocked

Me? I must admit that that's an interesting correlation, Jim, although this thread appears to be Pedro's (a shill for Perry?) fault (for which I'm grateful).
Beer Beer

kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 294
Join date : 2012-05-06

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Sat May 23, 2015 7:50 am

kb9gzg wrote:
Jim W wrote:
suegarn wrote:I'm sorry, but this thread is getting f***ing ridiculous!  That's why I go to TOB when I actually need to find out something for real!  This webboard is getting to be a farce!

I am with you Suegarn!    Since kb9gzg became a member there have been over 50 pages about pizza! perrys pizza - Page 4 851398
I would suggest anyone wanting great pizza, don't move here.......   scratch lol!

...getting?.... Shocked

Me? I must admit that that's an interesting correlation, Jim, although this thread appears to be Pedro's fault (for which I'm grateful).
Beer Beer
everything on this board not likeable is my fault and yes whitey i have been to italy. i was 5 and that's where we got on the boat to halifax to become canuckleheads.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by kb9gzg Sat May 23, 2015 8:39 am

jajajajajajajajajajajaja! Pedro, I think that you must be my long-lost brother-in-law.

kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 294
Join date : 2012-05-06

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Whitey Disley Sat May 23, 2015 9:00 am

Pedro wrote:
everything on this board not likeable is my fault and yes whitey i have been to italy. i was 5 and that's where we got on the boat to halifax to become canuckleheads.

I don't know about being your fault but if you were only there at 5 it explains why you know nothing about real Italian pizza.

Whitey Disley
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 48
Join date : 2015-04-15

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Sat May 23, 2015 9:39 am

i don't really care about real italian pizza[which i had in germany in '73] i care about the na pizza made/introduced by italian immigrants which use pepperoni[a type of dry salami similar to the calabrian variety as a topping. most of my italian friends hailed from calabria. so what-eh! as one who no doubt has lived here for a long time whitey-how do you like yer pizza? ketchup with hotdog topping on an oversized tortilla,mexican style?-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Whitey Disley Sat May 23, 2015 11:29 am

Pedro wrote:i don't really care about real italian pizza[which i had in germany in '73] i care about the na pizza made/introduced by italian immigrants which use pepperoni[a type of dry salami similar to the calabrian variety as a topping. most of my italian friends hailed from calabria. so what-eh! as one who no doubt has lived here for a long time whitey-how do you like yer pizza? ketchup with hotdog topping on an oversized tortilla,mexican style?-SNORK!

If you aren't interested in any pizza other than the typical NA garbage then why do you rant on and on about other types? For such am ignorant SOB you sure offer plenty of stupid opinions on everything.


Whitey Disley
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 48
Join date : 2015-04-15

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Sat May 23, 2015 11:43 am

ROFL to both the pros and cons.

I've had pizza in Italy as a mature adult.  It was very tasty because they used good ingredients.  No brainer there.  There are also fine pizzas being made with good ingredients in any NOB city where Italians have followed tradition re the dough and the rest of the dish.

As it happens, humans can't resist getting creative with their foods, so we have as many variations on the theme of pizza as there are curious cooks, and some people actually just love things like (gasp) ham and pineapple "pizza".  What we have around here is "pizza" and Pizza, depending entirely on the cook and the preference, so what in heck is anyone arguing about?

Dead Horse

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11563
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by viajero Sat May 23, 2015 11:47 am

I've heard that they eat Hawaiana style pizza in Italy,don't know if they top it with ketchup..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Sat May 23, 2015 11:47 am

i have tried perry's and it's the best i've had here and he delivers to our casa and that's all i care about.-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Sat May 23, 2015 11:52 am

Pedro wrote:i have tried perry's and it's the best i've had here and he delivers to our casa and that's all i care about.-SNORK!

In that case, Pedro, you are in Pizza heaven.  Good on ya.
Beer

Speaking of curious variations on "pizza", one of the local restaurants (West side) serves "pizza" on a large tortilla, and a member of my party ordered it and shared. Dang, it was tasty, anyway. Lots of good pepperoni and mozza cheese along with some chorizo. Mexican "pizza", and why not!!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11563
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by slainte39 Sat May 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Whitey Disley wrote:
gringal wrote:
Pedro wrote:actually as far as big chains go pizza hut is better than dominos. but they ain't here and now that perrys deliver i don't care. since he does deliver gringal why don't you order one?

I make my own from the frozen Costco boxes of four, each just itching to be augmented with top quality cheeses, pepperoni from italy, Spanish olives and fresh mushrooms.  I like 'em better than what I've had "out there".  Toscana's used to be good, but they had an "attitude problem" after the owner's temper suffered from excess stress, I guess.
Beer

Pepperoni doesn't exist on Italy.
That's why those Greeks in Edmonton put it under the cheese....they are always trying to fool someone.

Perry's spoken Italian is pure bogus....sounds as much like Italian as chorizo tastes like pepperoni, which he intersperses the two together, on his "Italian" pizzas.
....but dang, he keeps pumping out and selling his pizzas, using the P. T. Barnum philosophy.   lol!

!Felicidades, Perry!  Beer Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9342
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Sat May 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Not to nitpick, but a meat product we outlanders call "Pepperoni" exists in Italy under another name.  Check it with Senor Google.  It ain't the same as chorizo, for sure. The "pepperoni" (labeled as such) I bought from good old Walmart came from Italy. Very tasty, even if everyone involved is a liar. An Italian lie? Perish the thought.

Perry's culinary philosophy is a mystery in that:  First, it was all about the fish'n chips, and the clam chowder.  Guess that didn't make his day, so then came "pizza" and the latest is kung pao chicken?

Nevertheless, I've never seen such an amazingly loyal following.  Either that, or he's from a really big family.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11563
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Sat May 23, 2015 3:29 pm

gringal wrote:Not to nitpick, but a meat product we outlanders call "Pepperoni" exists in Italy under another name.  Check it with Senor Google.  It ain't the same as chorizo, for sure.  The "pepperoni" (labeled as such) I bought from good old Walmart came from Italy.  Very tasty, even if everyone involved is a liar.  An Italian lie? Perish the thought.

Perry's culinary philosophy is a mystery in that:  First, it was all about the fish'n chips, and the clam chowder.  Guess that didn't make his day, so then came "pizza" and the latest is kung pao chicken?

Nevertheless, I've never seen such an amazingly loyal following.  Either that, or he's from a really big family.
lol!
yes as i mentioned above-a calabrian dry salami for one. calabria is in italy,whitey.
i for one am not following anything. i tried his pizza and i like it. four thumbs up-yvonne's and mine. as long as he keeps delivering.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Whitey Disley Sat May 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Pedro wrote:
gringal wrote:Not to nitpick, but a meat product we outlanders call "Pepperoni" exists in Italy under another name.  Check it with Senor Google.  It ain't the same as chorizo, for sure.  The "pepperoni" (labeled as such) I bought from good old Walmart came from Italy.  Very tasty, even if everyone involved is a liar.  An Italian lie? Perish the thought.

Perry's culinary philosophy is a mystery in that:  First, it was all about the fish'n chips, and the clam chowder.  Guess that didn't make his day, so then came "pizza" and the latest is kung pao chicken?

Nevertheless, I've never seen such an amazingly loyal following.  Either that, or he's from a really big family.
lol!
yes as i mentioned above-a calabrian dry salami for one. calabria is in italy,whitey.
i for one am not following anything. i tried his pizza and i like it. four thumbs up-yvonne's and mine. as long as he keeps delivering.

My daughter lives in Italy, pedro. And we have traveled extensively throughout the country with her and her Italian husband as our guides. She is an executive with Eataly. She has spent the last 3 weeks in Brazil helping to get the new  Eataly in Sao Paolo off to a roaringly successful start. Her husband owns a cheese brokerage house. They are well acquainted with Italian cuisine. More on Eataly.

Whitey Disley
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 48
Join date : 2015-04-15

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Sat May 23, 2015 11:48 pm

have you had any calabrian dry salami?
perrys pizza - Page 4 Calabr10

and if bubba/dawg were here he could probly write a whole book on everything italian salami that one needs to know because he is a true worldly gourmand-right?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Whitey Disley Sat May 23, 2015 11:57 pm

The question is, pedro. have YOU ever had salame calabrese or at least since you were 5 yeras old? You had no idea of its existence 48 hours ago. Now, with the help of your pal Google, you're an expert.

Whitey Disley
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 48
Join date : 2015-04-15

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Sun May 24, 2015 12:08 am

yes i have had it since my house in edmonton was just up the street from little italy and it's also similar to hungarian hot dry sausage from a smokehouse a block away and spanish choriso right here at soriana and wallyworld. and i don't care what you think as long as i get perry's pizza delivered to me. debate the other shyte with bubba if you can find him. several of my friends both in toronto and edmonton were calabrian and some made their own sausage,even from wild game. we were hunting buddies. have fun.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Sun May 24, 2015 9:11 am

Bubba can be found as Hound Dog in the last outpost of Mexican expat forums where he hasn't yet managed to be banned. If you miss his life story postings, they are still available for your pleasure.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11563
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Sun May 24, 2015 9:20 am

gringal wrote:Bubba can be found as Hound Dog in the last outpost of Mexican expat forums where he hasn't yet managed to be banned.  If you miss his life story postings, they are still available for your pleasure.
Beer
SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 24, 2015 9:45 am

gringal wrote:Bubba can be found as Hound Dog in the last outpost of Mexican expat forums where he hasn't yet managed to be banned.  If you miss his life story postings, they are still available for your pleasure.
Beer

Jaja.......more like if you miss hearing that he has a house in both Ajijic and Chiapas over and over and over again...... Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 18927
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 57
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Sun May 24, 2015 9:52 am

CanuckBob wrote:
gringal wrote:Bubba can be found as Hound Dog in the last outpost of Mexican expat forums where he hasn't yet managed to be banned.  If you miss his life story postings, they are still available for your pleasure.
Beer

Jaja.......more like if you miss hearing that he has a house in both Ajijic and Chiapas over and over and over again...... Beer

Heck, I had a house in San Miguel de Allende along with my house in Ajijic for nearly two years ('cause I couldn't unload the one in SMA.)

And then, someone might miss his dissing of Lakeside people and places, as in "Peoria on the Sump", not to mention the life of a hard partying Alabama boy back in the day. Symptoms of terminal boredom.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11563
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Sun May 24, 2015 10:26 am

surprisingly he is using his thesaurus less and each sentence is down to 1/4 page now. briget can tell us about the 2 houses more simply.
no pizza from perry's on sunday.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Sun May 24, 2015 10:40 am

Pedro wrote:surprisingly he is using his thesaurus less and each sentence is down to 1/4 page now. briget can tell us about the 2 houses more simply.
no pizza from perry's on sunday.

How about: "I gots TWO houses. Hurray for me" ? (Or maybe he's been trying to unload the one here with no luck?)
pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11563
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Sun May 24, 2015 10:56 am

i think briget prefers chiapas and she do wear the pants so to speak.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by gringal Sun May 24, 2015 11:55 am

Pedro wrote:i think briget prefers chiapas and she do wear the pants so to speak.

Aw c'mon Pedro.......it's a lovely French name, so spell it right: Brigitte. She's a very bright lady, too. I think she does prefer Chiapas and has even learned to speak Tsotsl (?).

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11563
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Pedro Sun May 24, 2015 12:05 pm

briquette is also a lovely french name.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

perrys pizza - Page 4 Empty Re: perrys pizza

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum