INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman killed in accident- dogs need a home or foster

5 posters

Go down

Woman killed in accident- dogs need a home or foster Empty Woman killed in accident- dogs need a home or foster

Post by simpsca Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:28 am

Email written by a friend:

Gill (woman killed in auto accident) had 3 dogs. Her children have arrived and will not be taking them back to Canada.

Currently the three of them are sitting in cages at the Ladrons.

One dog who she rescued from the street and has one eye, we believe has a home. The other two are cocker spaniels and are mother and son.

We desperately need a foster home for them until we can get them adopted together. They are about 4 & 5 years old and of course have had all their shots and spayed and neutered.

If anyone could foster them please let me know. I can be reached at 766-5384

We may have another foster home in two weeks and if you could take them until then that would also be a great help.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Woman killed in accident- dogs need a home or foster Empty Re: Woman killed in accident- dogs need a home or foster

Post by kipissippi Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Photo of one of them is on the other board...darling... and those eyes will melt your heart
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Woman killed in accident- dogs need a home or foster Empty Re: Woman killed in accident- dogs need a home or foster

Post by simpsca Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Here is a link to the photos of the dogs: https://picasaweb.google.com/simpsca2000/LaceyLouie?authkey=Gv1sRgCJGciPaYmYzO6gE#
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Now those are some cute babies.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Tue May 03, 2011 6:19 pm

These two are still looking for a new home, if you know someone who might be interested, please tell them.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat May 14, 2011 12:42 pm

I restored the link to the photo in case anyone wants to see them:

https://picasaweb.google.com/simpsca2000/DogsNeedHomes?authkey=Gv1sRgCNe51P7huPjWpwE#
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun May 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Deleted by poster.

Last edited by hound dog on Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun May 15, 2011 8:06 pm

hound dog wrote:Is it true or an urban legend that this unfortunate woman`s children came down here from NOB but refused to take in these newly orphaned babies? If there is one thing we insist upon of those we elect to dispose of our estate and rotting bodies if we are to die simultaneously, it is that our otherwise helpless companions be adopted by our remaining family all of whom live in France which is highly inconvienient or are fostered by others they identify until those dogs and cats are properly placed in a supporting and caring home. This poor woman`s children or their friends and acquaintances are either uncaring or misrepresented on these forums.

If these remaining family members truly do not understand their responsibilities in this regard then they are despicable. And Dawg is not some typical Lakeside bleeding heart. I´m a nasty sumbitch but in a thousand years I would not leave an innocent creature, whether human or canine or feline, to suffer the lonely and agonizing death of the gutter.

I only know what itsme posted above. I believe it is true that the woman's family would not take the pets back with them. And I thought they had homes so I took the photos down - now since they do not have permanent homes I've re-posted the photos.

I had a provision in my will for my two former cats for the persons who would take them in. Now have to re-do the will since they passed and I have a dog. Same provision will be in there for the dog. I don't have any relatives who can take them to the US so it will be a friend in Mexico. But I do know my brother would find a home for her if necessary. Otherwise I would haunt him the rest of my non-life.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Tue May 17, 2011 2:31 pm

I am very pleased to report that yesterday Lacy and Luis have found a new home with a couple who will love and adore them forever. I believe the first thing on the agenda is a trip to the groomer, they are both in need of a new "do", Luis has so much fur he is constantly hot. The love and care these two have received since the loss of their beloved mistress has been under the aegis of Lakeside Spay & Neuter which was, according to her best friend, Gill's favorite animal charity. Gill was a Charter Member and volunteered her services and donated whatever she could. I know she is now smiling down at her two babies knowing they are safe and secure.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue May 17, 2011 8:06 pm

Great - really glad to hear that, now I can take the photos down. Thanks for keeping us informed.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 pm

It was sad since Gill did so much for the animals. I'm thrilled her pets all now have homes.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Fri May 20, 2011 9:00 am

Yes, Gill was devoted to helping the animals. Lakeside Spay & Neuter is having a yard sale this week-end and her presence and good humor is sorely missed. She was always right there in the midst of things, giving good hints and advice, as well as cooking food for the volunteers to keep them going. I miss seeing her with her dogs, but know they now have a good home where they will be coddled and spoiled.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri May 20, 2011 9:02 am

itsme wrote:Yes, Gill was devoted to helping the animals. Lakeside Spay & Neuter is having a yard sale this week-end and her presence and good humor is sorely missed. She was always right there in the midst of things, giving good hints and advice, as well as cooking food for the volunteers to keep them going. I miss seeing her with her dogs, but know they now have a good home where they will be coddled and spoiled.

For details on the yard sale check the Events page! I've been to these in the past and they usually have good stuff and some crafts as well as good food.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down