INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messed up border crossing, sooo bummed

+21
helohfe
gfresh
Gamina
hickton
juanrey
Rosa Venus
MexSeekin
hockables
Luisa
RVGRINGO
gringal
Pedro
oncesubtle
Grizzy
Playaboy
David
CanuckBob
brigitte
Intercasa
viajero
pamarie
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Messed up border crossing, sooo bummed - Page 2 Empty Re: Messed up border crossing, sooo bummed

Post by hickton Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:01 am

must be for the first time ever on this board, everyone agrees.. its too important a subject for well intentioned amateurs be it , mexican or gringo's ,giving so called advice. go to one of the lawyers named above ! be aware there are others in town but are not as trustworthy and competent as these two..

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Messed up border crossing, sooo bummed - Page 2 Empty Re: Messed up border crossing, sooo bummed

Post by Pedro Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:44 am

hickton wrote:must be for the first time ever on this board, everyone agrees.. its too important a subject for well intentioned amateurs be it , mexican or gringo's ,giving so called advice. go to one of the lawyers named above ! be aware there are others in town but are not as trustworthy and competent as these two..
yes,we have used both.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by pamarie Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Thanks all I will take your advice and see where I land. Also I in no way blame Tictoc, we adults just trusted the border agents to know what they were doing but in truth Tictoc was feeling a bit uncomfortable with how smoothly we crossed and had some concern about it. I was more confident that it was all done correctly and didn't question it, because I thought for sure the agent knew the most current laws and the Portland consulate never mentioned to me that I needed to be sure to get an FMM paper at the border, she said just to be sure to show my Mexico Visa to the border agent. She said that was all I needed. So I got bad information from the Portland Mexico Consulate and the border agent didn't process things right either. I own it though no one else. I just hate the thought of spending more money to cross the border to fix it but if that is the best thing to do than I am really in a heck of an expensive mess now. In all my research I never read that I needed to be sure to get an FMM card at the border so guess I didn't do enough research, cause I had no clue. I read in fact that they no longer did FM cards so I think I got it confused with the border crossing FMM paper. Live and learn the hard way....story of my life really! LOL!

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:46 pm

Pamarie, you have a nice attitude and I think you're going to be fine. See Spencer or Azucena and get yourself straightened out.l

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Take the bus to Laredo and do your thing at the INM, take another bus back home--you can do this in less than 36hrs.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:24 pm

the only advice you need to take is see one of those 2 lawyers
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gfresh Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:51 pm

pamarie wrote:  In all my research I never read that I needed to be sure to get an FMM card at the border so guess I didn't do enough research, cause I had no clue.  I read in fact that they no longer did FM cards so I think I got it confused with the border crossing FMM paper.

Just an FYI, you will ALWAYS complete an FMM form to enter or exit Mexico, whether it by car or air. Especially after you get your Residente Temporal or Permanente. I don't see the FMM going away, that's basically the main way INM keeps track of Immigrants in Mexico.

gfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:24 pm

I think the first error was in equating the FM2/3 terminology with an FMM (Forma Migratoria Multiple). The second error was not asking for guidance at the border.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Hopefully Pamarie and tictoc have finished lickin their wounded pride and sought competent legal advise. As mentioned earlier, a deluxe R/T bus ride would resolve their problems without flat tires and the stress they experienced on their initial "trip from hell".
Their sudden silence tells me that they are continuing their road to trouble. We shall learn "the rest of the story" in time.

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:39 pm

The most simple and logical thing does not seem to be what people want if it is a little incovenient. Same deal with car selling or nationalization.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by pamarie Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks for the continued input although rather judgmental and negative, I am proceeding my own route with sound advice from people who have gone through it already themselves and found resolution without having to return to the border. Also please stop including Tictoc with my post. It has nothing to do with him, he or they have to resolve their issues their own way and what makes sense to them period. I am not speaking for them and I really prefer not to talk about them. We are two separate families and our trip coming here ended the day we arrived. Our purposed share/drive agreement was fulfilled for those of you that keep bringing him up. Yes I was mistaken to get the FM wording mixed up in my research, my brain just didn't grasp the difference, excuse me for not being as perfect as most of you! Also we did ask for guidance at the border RVGringo or can you read English well! The immigration offices were closed, so we trusted the official to know what we needed given how much the laws change in Mexico we assumed we were cleared correctly. Obviously we were not well enough prepared given that we were exhausted from the journey at that point and sleep deprived added to the mix. I thought surely the border official was doing his job correctly, so I didn't question it.

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:38 pm

You are not the only person who got fooled, some friends of ours did the same thing a few yeas ago.
.We told them over and over to stop at the border and go to immigration but the consulate in the State of Washington told them they did not need anything..

They met people in Guaymas who told them they had to have a FM and a car permit so they went back to the border. It has happened over the years to many people who are not used to travel abroad.
The smart thing is to go back, get it over with and move on. I think many of us have learned the hard way that paying anyone to fix things can come back and be a problem later so going back is the best thing to do.
At least you can do it so just do it and chuck it up to experience.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:56 pm

pamarie wrote:I am proceeding my own route with sound advice from people who have gone through it already themselves and found resolution without having to return to the border.  

Interesting. So you ask peoples advice on an internet forum, and every single person says the same thing which amounts to decades of experience living in this country, and yet you're going to choose to ignore it and go your own route. Since you've asked us your questions and we've spent the time to respond, I think it's fair to ask you what the "sound advice from people who have gone through it already and found resolution without having to return to the border" recommended.

Seriously. If there's an easier way to correct this very commonly made error, please let us know!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:05 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:
pamarie wrote:I am proceeding my own route with sound advice from people who have gone through it already themselves and found resolution without having to return to the border.  

Interesting. So you ask peoples advice on an internet forum, and every single person says the same thing which amounts to decades of experience living in this country, and yet you're going to choose to ignore it and go your own route. Since you've asked us your questions and we've spent the time to respond, I think it's fair to ask you what the "sound advice from people who have gone through it already and found resolution without having to return to the border" recommended.

Seriously. If there's an easier way to correct this very commonly made error, please let us know!
this person and the other have been given sound advice for months and have chosen to ignore it and it continues like watching a train wreck and the rerun on video-eh!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:23 am

Pamarie, good luck working this out. I have seen things like this get "fixed" at times. Being Mexico, you might pull it off.

What is your immigration status today? Are you a tourist, an RP, in tramite, or are you ILLEGALLY in Mexico? Be careful.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by pamarie Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:49 am

I appreciate the concern from those that have responded but I wasn't looking for answers nor did I ask anyone for advice. I was merely sharing my experience with the forum in case anyone was using this forum to do research ahead of coming to Mexico. No where in my post did I ask for any input on what I should do, yet those that wrote in response to my post assumed I was seeking advice.

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:51 am

...the adventure continues!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by pamarie Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:52 am

I am done sharing anything further on this subject with those that have given negative responses to my post. Thanks but no thanks!

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:05 pm

pamarie wrote: SNIP> I was merely sharing my experience with the forum in case anyone was using this forum to do research ahead of coming to Mexico. < SNIP

So to summarize, any newbie reading this thread in the future should basically take the advice given numerous times by the veterans here and forgo the risk of issues coming back to haunt them or being deported from the country due to an illegal entry.  Okay, got it !  I think this thread should be a sticky for awhile..   Very Happy
Woody
Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Satire

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:11 pm

Just one question: what was your point in talking about your experience on this web board in the first place? Since most people who post here are usually trying to be helpful, advice was inevitable, so why resent it?

It's worth noting that board members seldom agree, but in this case, it's about 100% re seeing a lawyer to get out of this mess or taking a trip to the border.

Somehow, this is reminding me of the people who came up with creative ways to avoid taking the legal route in getting their cars nationalized. Lots of money lost on that one.

I wish you luck in the path you have chosen.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by sumofabit Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:35 pm

Bet they end up with is a FMM filed out as them with stamping and such able to fool the office where they need it, BUT it will not match up with what INM shows on their system. Forgery is a felony, no?

sumofabit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:08 pm

pamarie wrote:I appreciate the concern from those that have responded but I wasn't looking for answers nor did I ask anyone for advice. I was merely sharing my experience with the forum in case anyone was using this forum to do research ahead of coming to Mexico.  No where in my post did I ask for any input on what I should do, yet those that wrote in response to my post assumed I was seeking advice.

Apologies all around I'm sure. Apparently we misunderstood the part of your original post where you said, "What to do and what will it cost me is the big question."
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:31 pm

oncesubtle wrote:
pamarie wrote:I appreciate the concern from those that have responded but I wasn't looking for answers nor did I ask anyone for advice. I was merely sharing my experience with the forum in case anyone was using this forum to do research ahead of coming to Mexico.  No where in my post did I ask for any input on what I should do, yet those that wrote in response to my post assumed I was seeking advice.

Apologies all around I'm sure. Apparently we misunderstood the part of your original post where you said, "What to do and what will it cost me is the big question."

Let's see: it walked like a question, looked like a question, but it wasn't a question, eh? Quack, quack quack. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:52 pm

gringal wrote:
oncesubtle wrote:

Let's see:  it walked like a question, looked like a question, but it wasn't a question, eh?  Quack, quack quack.  Rolling Eyes
interesting analogy gringal. according to her latest disclaimer-she is a dead duck merely trying to help other ducks become dead too by following her flight pattern. quack quack!
Messed up border crossing, sooo bummed - Page 2 Duck_h10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Thanks oncesubtle. I was about to quote the same line from the OP, but then noticed your post. I guess all of us were confused. And so we were just sharing, too…….

And in the spirit of sharing information, since that's the best part of these forums, I'll ask again. What's the solution you're pursuing pammarie? I'll understand if you choose not to share, because undoubtedly there will be commentary.

Good luck.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by pamarie Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm sorry my wording was confusing in my original post, I was merely thinking out loud when I was using an exclamation point rather than a question mark, "Oh my what to do and what will it cost me next to figure out this mess"! I appreciate the kind advice from those of you that gave an informative and kind opinion. The general consensus will be helpful for anyone researching crossing the Mexico border who stumbles over this forum,especially for the first time, who is not a Mexican citizen. All the helpful feedback won't be for nothing I am sure, and it was very kind for those who responded to advise me on their opinion and/or experiences.

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next