INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE

+12
RVGRINGO
slainte39
salvadors
viajero
brigitte
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
Clueless
Lady Otter Latté
Intercasa
dcampbell757
cajunman
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE Empty Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE

Post by cajunman Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:21 am

A Large street fight between two Barios(neighborhoods) at 1.30 this am.
Police were called , but none showed up. Fight lasted for over 45 min.
Some participants are still hanging around an hour later

cajunman

Back to top Go down

Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE Empty Re: Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE

Post by dcampbell757 Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:38 am

Which barrios?

dcampbell757
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE Empty Re: Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE

Post by Trailrunner Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:35 am

Where?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:13 pm

Tepehua and San Miguel? They are the usual suspects.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by dcampbell757 Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Sounds about right.

dcampbell757
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:34 pm

cannot blame the police for not going those are the barrios bravos..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:22 pm

Report it to the new Presidente or his Expat Liaison.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:01 pm

Yes I am sure that will really straighten things out!

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:07 pm

brigitte wrote:cannot blame the police for not going those are the barrios bravos..
Haha,in Guadalajara the police only go to gang fights in barrios bravos after they're over and someone is dead.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:10 pm

They know that if they go in the two gangs will turn against them so just as well let them exterminate each other and then you have much less of them to fight.

Yesterday we went through 2 cities where the locals were extremely pissed off and kicked out the presidents and destroyed city hall and a bunch of houses...there was zero police around, I think all of the police was kicked out and disbanded but there were no State or Federal cops and no army, everyone was on their own. people said they were scared but it was business as usual except for the traffic that was totally disrigarding any previous rule so it was a big mess for a change.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:09 pm

You are right, Brigitte, it is much more effective to talk about it on a web board of mostly expats.

Cajunman, when you say the fight lasted for more than 45 minutes, what were they doing? Did they just yell and punch each other until everyone was tired or were weapons involved?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:16 am

A good reason to get a (legal) gun or some form of protection other than, hopes, wishes and prayers.

In (too) many ways, Mexico, in many areas, is truly the "Wild West" of frontier days.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:27 am

And then after you shoot someone you will end up in prison until they figure things out. That could take a very long time......and while your in there his buddies will probably get to you.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:15 am

My wife grew up in a barrio bravo in Tonalá,El Rosario, she said taxis wouldn't even go in there,then again when I lived in San Pedro,CA
you couldn't get a pizza delivered after dark south of Pacific Ave,too many pizza guys were getting robbed..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:23 am

Government doesnt care. Too few police, more money needs to be saved for Disneyland instead of fixing streets and making sure residents have public services.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:52 pm

Truth.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Viajero, it is the same in many places. Lst time we went to Marseille we got lost and I could not find my aunt´s house. My husband stopped one one of the street in front of a bar and we went in to ask for direction. The place was like a scene out of a bad western. Everything was broke mirros chairs tables were upside down a couple of guys were on the ground and 3 of them drinking at the bar talking to the bar tender. I told mey husband to get out as fast as he could as there was a strong antiAmerican feeling in that town at the time and I went to the men to ask for directions, they were so drunk that they could not help me so I turned around to leave a.s.a.p.
When I told my aunt what happened she said, "that is a gypsy district, the police does not go in there."..they do not go in the Arabric or Black African district either...so nothing new..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:20 pm

Brigitte,when I told some chilango friends that I was going to visit Tepito,the original (Barrio Bravo) they laughed and said I should just carry my wallet in my hand so as to not to piss off the rateros and waste their time.Haha.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by salvadors Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:32 pm

So both Brigitte and Viajero are saying people of a darker race are dangerous? Hispanic, Arabic, African? I dont mean to offend. Is it the culture of these people which is lacking? Are there are areas in Chapala to avoid? It looked fine to me.

salvadors
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:55 am

Until the Irish started accumulating some wealth, you didn't want to go into their areas either, like the gangs of New York or the "Whitey" Bulger crowd in Boston.
In that case the problem was white skin, freckles, and a lack of tanning parlors.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:47 am

salvadors wrote:So both Brigitte and Viajero are saying people of a darker race are dangerous? Hispanic, Arabic, African? I dont mean to offend.
Well you did offend whether you meant to or not.
Neither Brigitte nor I suggested any such thing.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:58 am

Yeah, I couldn't figure that out either. I saw nothing offensive or racist from Brigitte or Viajero. I know Brigitte and she is anything but racist and in all these years I've never thought of Viajero as racist either. The opposite, in fact.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:49 am

salvadors wrote:So both Brigitte and Viajero are saying people of a darker race are dangerous? Hispanic, Arabic, African? I dont mean to offend. Is it the culture of these people which is lacking? Are there are areas in Chapala to avoid? It looked fine to me.

Adios, Newbie! Your intentions are much too clear.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Wether you want to avoid areas in Chapala or not is up to you. Once I took back a whore who had been beaten up and ganged raped back to her place at 1 AM up on that hill in Chapala and frankly I would not do it again..if you think it is safe be my guest.
By the way the word hispanic does not exist in my language so it is all up to you to draw your own conclusions.
Some of my relatives had lived for generations in the old port in Marseille and the last time I was there showing my husband my old playground, I was told by a woman who only wanted to be nice to me to get out if I did not want to be hurt and she told me I had no business walking in that area.. She was right so do not tell me about dangerous areas, I know what they look like.
I have spent these last 3 months in areas where I did not even see many mestizos, where very few people speak Spanish and I was totally safe  and yet the people I stayed with were a lot darker than I was.
I am not supid and yes they are areas where you have to watch yourself, if you do not know about that I guess you do not go out much.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:56 pm

I hear you, Brigitte and know from years of your postings that you and Viajero are anything but racist.

I grew up in the greater Los Angeles area and there were neighborhoods to stay out of if you had half a brain, with a color range of skin all over the block. One of the worst was more or less lily white and you could get on the wrong side of violence there wearing the wrong color t-shirt, let alone the "wrong" skin color.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next