INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE

+12
RVGRINGO
slainte39
salvadors
viajero
brigitte
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
Clueless
Lady Otter Latté
Intercasa
dcampbell757
cajunman
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE

Post by gringal Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:56 pm

I hear you, Brigitte and know from years of your postings that you and Viajero are anything but racist.

I grew up in the greater Los Angeles area and there were neighborhoods to stay out of if you had half a brain, with a color range of skin all over the block. One of the worst was more or less lily white and you could get on the wrong side of violence there wearing the wrong color t-shirt, let alone the "wrong" skin color.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapala Street Fights between Two Barios - NO POLICE

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:02 pm

The poster wanted to get attention and is nothing but a troll and frankly he or she can call me a racist all day long, I just do not care about his/her opinion.. I know who I am and do not need to prove anything.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:21 pm

Brigitte does not hold back..if she were a racist... she'd let you know! and she's not.

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:10 pm

It's threads like this that lower property values, eh?

Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Post by salvadors Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Viajeros comment did not sound as bad as Brigittes. It could be interpreted that way by some people. (Listing 3 ethnic groups). There are other forums where they would not like that kind of reference. I do not have intentions of walking around late at night on a dark street. Best to park on the main commerical street at all times.

salvadors
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:59 pm

you may want to be careful walking down on main street Chapala I heard it was full of hispancs over there..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:26 pm

salvadors wrote:Viajeros comment did not sound as bad as Brigittes.
Well,take comfort in the knowledge that you're not the first EDIT to post on this forum,salvadors.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by salvadors Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:09 pm

What did I say that was bad? I found some comments kind of a subtle racism. There is no reason to be defensive. Or is there? Usually i will say a neighborhood is bad but I would not list other groups in the mix. It took me by surprise. I commented on a video because it was specific to an ethnic group. Brigitte is stuck on the word hispanic. Was she being sarcastic in her last comment? From her story it does seem sketchy around there.

salvadors
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:08 am

Hispanic, Latino, Chicano, on and on. The "acceptable" word keeps changing. You can call me "honky" for all I care, some people will be offended no matter what you say.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:29 pm

Yes I was being sarcastic, we are in Mexico and people here are Mexicans , is that complicated? Or is it racist to call anyone Mexican and more acceptable to say Hispanic?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:03 pm

brigitte wrote:Yes I was being sarcastic, we are in Mexico and people here are Mexicans , is that complicated? Or is it racist to call anyone Mexican and more acceptable to say Hispanic?
How about "Mexican Nationals",haha.
I remember Solovino saying that when he asked his wife if she was a latina she replied,"no, la tina esta en baño yo soy Mexicana",that cracked me up.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:32 pm

yes that was a good one! The Latina/o classification is always confusing and it seems to be a US government invention to refer to Mexicans, Central Americans and South American, I guess it is a short version for people from Latin Americuage .

Salvador as an aside to you , I looked up the definition of Hispanic and since Basques , Gallegos and Catalans are lumped under that too I am Hispanic as well . I am also a Mexican citizen so does that make me a Latina Guera?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:47 pm

viajero wrote:
brigitte wrote:Yes I was being sarcastic, we are in Mexico and people here are Mexicans , is that complicated? Or is it racist to call anyone Mexican and more acceptable to say Hispanic?
How about "Mexican Nationals",haha.
I remember Solovino saying that when he asked his wife if she was a latina she replied,"no, la tina esta en baño yo soy Mexicana",that cracked me up.

I thought the appropriate slang for them was "gorditas"......(living dangerously)   lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:58 pm

slainte39 wrote:

I thought the appropriate slang for them was "gorditas"......(living dangerously)   lol!
Ten cuidado David!
I like the Gallego chistes,there are tons of them.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Yes you are living dangerously Slainte..careful!

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Yes tons of Gallego jokes.. I wonder why? Beer

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:06 pm

brigitte wrote:Yes you are living dangerously Slainte..careful!

A mi edad, no estoy preocupado.   .....ahora, piel de platano, es differente.   Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2