INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Pueblita new care home

+11
zenwoodle
gringal
Lady Otter Latté
Carry Bean
Marrell
RVGRINGO
slainte39
lakeside7
Trailrunner
David
newinajijic
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

La Pueblita new care home Empty La Pueblita new care home

Post by newinajijic Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:59 am

Looks beautiful in the pictures and quite large, they have a web site with preliminary information. It is located in the west end perhaps next to the first Pemex.

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

La Pueblita new care home Empty Re: La Pueblita new care home

Post by David Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:52 pm

Pls post website URL!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by newinajijic Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:40 pm

http://www.lapueblita.com/ Dave Truly from Tall Boys is one of the principals

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Very ambitious project and will take lots of money. Who are the other principals? The couple on the right, do you know who they are?

I've been hearing about this project and seen the plans for at least a year, maybe 2. Pero, vamos a ver.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by newinajijic Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:19 pm

I don't know the others, There is a major project next door to me at the old Japanese garden centre, not sure if that is the place.

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:22 pm

I don't know either where this location is. I've asked several folks in the area and nobody knows. I thought it was the old Contessa property, a bit more west than you.

Slainte! What was the story on the Contessa or whatever she was? That property hillside with the big gates used to be purple/lavender? Los Charrales/El Bajio area? Do you remember her?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Sounds if they are looking for seed money..go for it, pre construction prices off the drawing board

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Trailrunner wrote:I don't know either where this location is. I've asked several folks in the area and nobody knows. I thought it was the old Contessa property, a bit more west than you.

Slainte! What was the story on the Contessa or whatever she was? That property hillside with the big gates used to be purple/lavender? Los Charrales/El Bajio area? Do you remember her?

Are you talking about the Norwegian mining heiress that started and built Las Canadas?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:01 am

Maybe, I've never heard that part. Everyone referred to her as the Contessa and she had horses. She had just moved or died when I got here 12 years ago.

I will pay attention tomorrow to the location when I'm out that way and tell you exactly where the property is. To my knowledge, it is still vacant unless this project will be there.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:04 am

There was an ostrich farm/operation there for a while when it first started, but I don't remember how long ago.....maybe 10, 15 years.  It didn't survive.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:33 am

Are you all talking about “La Rusa“, perhaps?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:51 am

YES!!! What do you know about her, RV? Or the property?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:58 am

Only that she had a home on Independencia, which is called “Casa de la Rusa“, and which I have visited in the past. She did ride and it is rumored that she had some interest in gold mines near Ajijic. Whether there was anything to it, or if it was a scam; I do not know.  It is also said that she claimed to be some sort of Russian nobility, and maybe even an operatic diva.  ¿Quien sabe?  Maybe just border promotions that she invented for herself.
The property on Independencia is not large, and is rather dark inside. It is located on the south side of the street.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:01 am

Do you know if she's still alive? I know a retired opera singer who is older . . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:02 am

I believe that she died over a decade ago. Again; unsubstantiated. Google shows the following, and more:

La Rusa: A Russian Ballerina in Ajijic - Mexico Insights, Living at Lake ...
www.mexico-insights.com/.../La-Rusa-A-Russian-Ballerina-in-Ajijic.aspx
Jun 27, 2010 - Fiesta de San Juan Cosalá | What Next? ... Zara Alexeyewa, La Rusa (The Russian ballerina) ... Among those 14 foreign residents in Ajijic were three members of a single household—the Russian ballerina Ayenara Zara ...
Rental Listing - Casa de la Rusa - Escape to Ajijic, Mexico
www.escapetoajijic.com/Casa-de-la-Rusa.htm
Details and pricing for the Ajijic Rental property at Casa de la Rusa. Photo Gallery included.
Casa de la Rusa Available now to December | Ajijic Rentals and ...
ajijicrentalsandmanagement.com/.../casa-de-la-rusa-available-april-to-dec...
Casa de la Rusa Available now to December. IMG_0324 ... Just one block from the Malecon in the lakeside of Ajijic, walking distances to shops, stores, galleries, ...
Images for La Rusa de AjijicReport images

Jim & Carole's Mexico Adventure: La Rusa's Gold Mine
cookjmex.blogspot.com/2011/07/la-rusas-gold-mine.html
Jul 24, 2011 - Ajijic and the other villages line the narrow strip of shore at 1524m or 5000 feet. ... Only later did I realize he had pointed almost exactly to La Rusa's mine. .... "Quilocho and the Dancing Stars" was written by Frances de ...

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:24 am

Hah! Thanks, RV, I look forward to reading all this. She probably exemplifies the type of foreigners who lived here before all us deadbeats moved here, no? lolol

Gracias! I bet Dr. G knew her, I will ask him.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:39 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:Are you all talking about “La Rusa“, perhaps?

La Rusa, Zara, had a large home on Independencia as RV says, that has been subdivided into at least four separate homes today.  she has been dead probably at least 25 or maybe 30 years. I used to give her lifts to the Teatro Degollado when I was going to Guadalajara in the early 1980's as she attended many events there. I can't guarantee she was a Romanov, but she claimed she was, but did have a track record of being a ballerina and many ballet performances after she left/escaped from Russia. Morley Eager had her portrait done in mural form on one of the walls of The Nueva Posada when it was built in the early 1990's.  I don't  believe she ever owned any property on the west outskirts of Ajijic or owned any gold mines, and if she did, it was a long time ago, before my time.
In her later life, she always dressed in black.....never saw her in any other color. Long black gloves, up over elbows, even in mayo.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrell Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:19 pm

LCS is in the slow process of archiving all of the Neill James correspondence, journals, legal documents,
photos, clothing, etc. Included in her book collection is a small autobiographical booklet written by La Rusa. Some fascinating materials for sure.
LCS has begun putting tidbits about Neill James her history before and after Ajijic in the monthly newsletter as well as the monthly American Legion Roll Call magazine which devotes two pages to
LCS every month.

Marrell
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:18 pm

Neill James, La Rusa, and a brilliant alcoholic British poet named Ian (can't remember his last name), used to hold court at one of the lakeside window tables in the restaurant part at the Old Posada occasionally in the 80's.  They were fascinating to listen to and talk to. It was a different world here, then.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:44 pm

It was a different world everywhere then.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:35 pm

Carry Bean wrote:It was a different world everywhere then.

So true, but recalling certain experiences or memories makes it seem more poignant, as it is easy to forget that,  in the world of the internet, Walmart, and all the other changes here we have absorbed without thinking much about them, as time goes by.
Even telephones and television were a rarity back then. Having lived through all the changes here, it is hard to even imagine "aquellos tiempos".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:05 am

One day the younger among us will be talking about today as the good old days. I don't want to think about how things will be here in another 30 or 40 years. This is why the limited human life span is a good thing.

Meanwhile, there are still places without Walmart, Internet, television, and cell service for those who find them intrusive. In another 30 years I wonder how far you will have to go to get away from it all? Or if you will be able to at all.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:00 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:One day the younger among us will be talking about today as the good old days. I don't want to think about how things will be here in another 30 or 40 years. This is why the limited human life span is a good thing.

Meanwhile, there are still places without Walmart, Internet, television, and cell service for those who find them intrusive. In another 30 years I wonder how far you will have to go to get away from it all? Or if you will be able to at all.

Is it time for that fine old Russian folk song....."those were the days, my friend: we thought they'd never end........."?
And besides,  during the "good old days" we saw things through young eyes in young bodies and minds.  Quite a different view.  (Not necessarily more accurate, though)

As for the admittedly overwhelming entrance of gadgets and connectivity....it's a choice.  I'm not as close to the nut farm as some posters (especially on TOB), but I've chosen to limit my exposure to most of that:  no Facebook, no latest phone creation, no carrying the cell on my body for constant interruptions and I don't really giveadam that we have a huge Walmart down the road.  At least the parking lot isn't a life and car threatening experience.  The latest reports of intrusive government surveillance just verify what I've always believed:  don't trust the rascals.

Re the El Pueblita project: the only place I see going West that looks like a likely spot is where the old nursery used to be. Anyone actually know?
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:01 am

I have been told that the Japanese nursery site is another condo project. Don't even remember who told me so can't vouch for accuracy.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Based on my analysis of the available data, I estimate the location to be approx. 905 Carretera poiniente.
Between Tres Canadas and Los Mezquites. Just past the topes and bunkers that the army set up a few years back.
But I could be wrong. Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next