INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Pueblita new care home

+11
zenwoodle
gringal
Lady Otter Latté
Carry Bean
Marrell
RVGRINGO
slainte39
lakeside7
Trailrunner
David
newinajijic
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

La Pueblita new care home - Page 2 Empty Re: La Pueblita new care home

Post by zenwoodle Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Based on my analysis of the available data, I estimate the location to be approx. 905 Carretera poiniente.
Between Tres Canadas and Los Mezquites. Just past the topes and bunkers that the army set up a few years back.
But I could be wrong. Beer Beer

zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:56 pm

If they start it I hope they complete it rather than 1/3 built & then abandoned when the money runs out.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:14 pm

Jaja....yeah no kidding. You wouldn't catch me "pre-buying" any form of real estate in Mexico. There is not nearly enough laws or enforcement to protect the buyer. Not even close.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:53 pm

I went by La Contessa/La Russa property today and the gates were open. It is indeed Tres Cañadas, and looking in I saw a lot of houses already built and looking occupied. dunno

I have a feeling this retirement place will never get off the ground, or into the ground. Too ambitious = too much money up front. And, as CB say, you'd have to be nutzzzzz. . .

Saw friends who live in El Dorado the other day and they said "No hotel, no hotel." I said "No hotel?" They said "No." Guess that one ain't gonna fly either.

What about Disneyland @ Parque Cristiana? Still happening? Doesn't look like it when I'm there it's all the same, no workers, no cut trees, whatup? This big shot has to secure all the investors, collect all the money, hire everyone, break ground AND finish it all in what 2 years before he leaves office??? okeydokey

I agree, hope these projects don't get started then abandoned like so many others around Mexico. Mexico is the only country that builds ruins.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:31 pm

"Builds ruins." Great quip and true.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zdogs Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:34 pm

zenwoodle wrote:Based on my analysis of the available data, I estimate the location to be approx. 905 Carretera poiniente.
Between Tres Canadas and Los Mezquites. Just past the topes and bunkers that the army set up a few years back.
But I could be wrong. Beer Beer

You almost had it. Go west a little further, just past the Pemex that is under the "Welcome to Jocotepec" sign. It's on the mountain side. There's a big billboard up but you can't read it unless you're standing right under it.

Tres Canadas has a stable. It's not in good condition now. I boarded my horse there when Gerardo Cuenca was leasing it for his "Tierra del Caballo South". Hernandez owns the property and Gerardo had to leave when he was told they were going to tear down the stables and build a hospital. That didn't happen either.

zdogs

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:55 pm

Tres Canadas was never Zara, La Rusa's development.  That came into existence long after her death.
When you say Hernandez is the owner, are you referring to Job and Alejandro? Could be as they have continually purchased tracts of land in the area west of Rancho del Oro and their first developments.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:28 am

Marrell wrote:LCS is in the slow process of archiving all of the Neill James correspondence, journals, legal documents,
photos, clothing, etc. Included in her book collection is a small  autobiographical booklet written by La Rusa. Some fascinating materials for sure.
LCS has begun putting tidbits about Neill James her history before and after Ajijic in the monthly newsletter as well as the monthly American Legion Roll Call magazine which  devotes two pages to
LCS every month.

Agreed. I opened up the bathroom upstairs years ago in her house and lots of good stuff was there. I also liked the 50 year old bottle of Wildroot hair tonic in the medicine cabinet. That house is full of good stuff tucked away. I donated a AIO scanner printer to help with the project. Lets hope it happens.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:49 pm

Consruction has ground to a hault at La Pueblita. They need more money.
One source for that is their silver ($10,000US) and platinum ($60,000US) memberships. On top of that people have to pay a monthly rent for their casita and buy their own clothes washer and dryer. None of their apartments are livable yet. People who have bought a membership in an apartment are being up in empty casitas. A number of casitas are lived in. Casitas come with a stove, microwave and fridge.
It looks nice and has potential and something similar is needed here but it is expensive.

Last edited by cypress on Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

cypress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:29 am

As CBob said...pre-buying here is a bad idea. I wonder about the folks who may have done so with that disastrous huge project on the Carretera where little or nothing seems to be progressing lately? Anyone heard what the status is?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2