INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 21, 2011, and Other 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone

+4
bobnliz
ferret
CanuckBob
sparks
8 posters

Go down

May 21, 2011, and Other 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone Empty May 21, 2011, and Other 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone

Post by sparks Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Day of Rapture ... the Christians/locos are at it again. Better than door to door visits. We're having a goodbye party tomorrow night

A few videos
http://abcnews.go.com/US/may-21-2011-end-world-judgment-day/story?id=13570426
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

May 21, 2011, and Other 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone Empty Re: May 21, 2011, and Other 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Well it's already May 21/11 for about 1/2 the planet and I haven't heard anything yet......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

May 21, 2011, and Other 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone Empty Re: May 21, 2011, and Other 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone

Post by sparks Fri May 20, 2011 10:16 pm

At least by Sunday you'll know in which direction you are headed

Time zones are inconsequential to the big dream of ascending to a better world.

So is this cowardice that makes these people refuse to deal with this life ... or were they forgotten children in some Southern backwater
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat May 21, 2011 8:08 am

Happy Birthday Uncle Jack...you share your birthday with my stepson Kevin...he'll be 47 today. We sent him the song clip from Joe Cocker "I'll get by with a little help from my friends". Hope that song works for you too!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue May 24, 2011 1:29 pm

sparks wrote:So is this cowardice that makes these people refuse to deal with this life ... or were they forgotten children in some Southern backwater

Now that is a really good question, Sparks; especially if one considers that most people are more afraid of actually dying than of death itself....
If it is cowardice, then those folks are more afraid of life than the pain of dying.... or maybe they think they will be somehow spared that pain?
Does the "Rapture" spirit one up to Heaven via an intergalactic bypass that precludes any and all unpleasantness? Wouldn't that be convenient?
It might explain why so many buy into it.... after all, it worked for Jim Jones. May 21, 2011, and Other 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue May 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Lizzie, I think they are supposed to do it the "Beam me up Scotty" way. No pain, no strain. cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Woody Allen said, "I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens." He also said, "To you I'm an atheist, to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition." I'm with Woody.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue May 24, 2011 5:23 pm

I think you're right, Gringal. Let's face it... we have all been influenced by Star Trek Tech.
Why, Hon... I do declare that that little comm device they used in 'Next Generation' was the spittin' image of today's flip-phone, don't you think? Talk about life imitating art!

...and David. I like the term "Loyal Opposition" used in this context. Well said. May you Live Long and Prosper. May 21, 2011, and Other 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by locogringo Wed May 25, 2011 8:18 am

All of that religious claptrap is for "People who are afraid of the dark"-Stephen Hawkings.
locogringo
locogringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed May 25, 2011 9:08 am

I feel that a mortal dying is more the survivors' affair than his own. I think the people who spend all their time worrying about dying, life won't be worth living.!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down