INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic vying for Pueblo Magico status

+13
MexicoPete
RVGRINGO
brigitte
Smartalex
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
suegarn
gringal
gvprod
Zedinmexico
Trailrunner
shana
CanuckBob
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ajijic vying for Pueblo Magico status - Page 2 Empty pueblo magico

Post by gvprod Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:36 pm

I wonder what the average everyday person thinks about this?

gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Ajijic vying for Pueblo Magico status - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic vying for Pueblo Magico status

Post by slainte39 Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:49 pm

gvprod wrote:I wonder what the average everyday person thinks about this?

Do they exist?...... in this world?    lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic vying for Pueblo Magico status - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic vying for Pueblo Magico status

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:07 am

gvprod wrote:I wonder what the average everyday person thinks about this?

I doubt they think about it at all.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:32 pm

I wouldn't know if I met one. I just know that most everyone I meet down here is polite and we seem to get along, unless I mention my lack of love for El Trumpe tp the wrong person. But what amazes me is how many more of us have a poor opinion of him here than some of those I come in contact with when in the US.

Luckily his popularity seems to dropping most everywhere.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:03 am

Arriving on first of October for two months. So, what is appropriate clothing "code?"
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:33 am

Oh how funny clothing code!   Older folks wear slacks or shorts with black socks and shoes.  Some call it the Canadian look but I see Mericans with the look also. Slightly younger  guys are big on big colorful shirts or fishing shirts as they  are very comfortable.  My wear is Thick cotton shorts in winter and thin cool cotton shorts in summer. Denim of course very popular and is my dress up attire.  We are assuming you are a guy you know and dressing up is not a priority for most of us.   Short pants just below the knee is dress up shorts time for going out if you don't wear long pants. Best to not show knees if going out to a resturant in Guadalajara is about as fancy as it gets.  Bring a good attitude and walking shoes ( rock streets) is more important than what pants and shirts you wear. You can always pick up decent priced clothes at Costco like jeans shirts and underwear etc.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:12 am

Thanks, Zed. Only reason I asked, was because of RVGRINGO's comments about Bermuda shorts, etc. I was comfortable, two years ago, when last there, wearing what you outlined; but, shorts and black socks?
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:36 am

Shorts, dress shoes and knee high black socks is the Miami retirement community "dress code". Occasionally I see this around here and have to wonder why the guy's wife would let him dress like that......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:07 am

My parents were military, military always told you too dress like the locals. That doesn't happen in Ajijic. Were whatever you want, most people will not give a rats ass....anyone else....who cares.
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:36 am

no one cares what people wear so wear what you are comfortable with.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:29 am

CanuckBob wrote:Shorts, dress shoes and knee high black socks is the Miami retirement community "dress code". Occasionally I see this around here and have to wonder why the guy's wife would let him dress like that......jaja.

Sometimes the wife looks as bad or worse.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Not to suggest what you SHOULD wear, but all lot depends on your body type.
Please spare us the shorts and belly hanging out over the belt under tight tee shirt.

If you're in decent shape, anything goes except stark nekkid.
Have a good time here!
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:18 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Shorts, dress shoes and knee high black socks is the Miami retirement community "dress code". Occasionally I see this around here and have to wonder why the guy's wife would let him dress like that......jaja.

I always thought it was called  the Bermuda shorts look.  It use to occur much more often than today.  Someday the Cargo pant, fishing shirt, will probably be viewed the same as the shorts, dress shoes and knee high black sock look is viewed today. Notice much fewer so called Dockers pants around (relaxed fit of course :-).

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Kb9, there are not really that many fashion police here. Most of us don't even notice what people are wearing just whether they are friendly and smiling. You will find a lot of that here, no matter what you choose to wear.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Folks are really friendly at Lake Chapala, living in the planet‘s most salubrious climate and enjoying delicious meals and libations with friends in restaurants and in their own homes. So much so, that one must go to these various webboards to let off steam, bitch&moan and bait each other with invisible tongues firmly planted in their cheeks...sometimes. When that fails, they complain about noise, cobblestones, potholes and joyous celebrations. But they stay and keep recommending that others come and enjoy. Ajijic vying for Pueblo Magico status - Page 2 501432

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:50 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:Folks are really friendly at Lake Chapala, living in the planet‘s most salubrious climate and enjoying delicious meals and libations with friends in restaurants and in their own homes. So much so, that one must go to these various webboards to let off steam, bitch&moan and bait each other with invisible tongues firmly planted in their cheeks...sometimes. When that fails, they complain about noise, cobblestones, potholes and joyous celebrations. But they stay and keep recommending that others come and enjoy. Ajijic vying for Pueblo Magico status - Page 2 501432

That's because they're concerned with their property values, like their house will fit in their coffin.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic vying for Pueblo Magico status - Page 2 Empty Token gringo!

Post by BILLBOGEY Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:12 am

CanuckBob wrote:Well if they are looking for any token gringos I will throw my hat in the ring. I think having this designation and accompanying improvements would be awesome for Ajijic.

Bob, In my last job as a Budget Team leader for the Army Reserve Personnel Command in St Louis MO I was The TOKEN WHITE MALE. Us tokens have to stick together! Bill Bogey

BILLBOGEY
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : UNIQUE

Back to top Go down

Ajijic vying for Pueblo Magico status - Page 2 Empty Smile

Post by BILLBOGEY Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:16 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Kb9, there are not really that many fashion police here. Most of us don't even notice what people are wearing just whether they are friendly and smiling. You will find a lot of that here, no matter what you choose to wear.
I have heard the best thing to wear is a smile, I plan to wear mine often when I get to Lake Chapala, even if I hit my golf ball in the water! Bill Bogey

BILLBOGEY
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:33 am

You will find yourself smiling a lot more here. Just stay away from the crankypants people and skip their posts on this board. It is probably best to skip TOB entirely since it appears infested by crankypants.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:27 pm

hahaha Crankypants that are not FORBIDDEN!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:34 pm

I spoke with a Mexican who is very involved in SAT and was told that Tobolandia is still in SAT, the boundary line is just about their property line. La Floresta is in Ajijic. I saw a map which showed Las Olas as the boundary.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:08 pm

itsme wrote:I spoke with a Mexican who is very involved in SAT and was told that Tobolandia is still in SAT, the boundary line is just about their property line. La Floresta is in Ajijic. I saw a map which showed Las Olas as the boundary.

He told you correctly.  Riviera Alta and Los Olivos are in Ajijic as well as La Floresta and Bugambilias (the little frac. between La Floresta and Tobolandia.  Below the Carretera, any thing east of Paseo de las Olas (which is in La Floresta), is SAT.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BILLBOGEY Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:13 pm

slainte39 wrote:
itsme wrote:I spoke with a Mexican who is very involved in SAT and was told that Tobolandia is still in SAT, the boundary line is just about their property line. La Floresta is in Ajijic. I saw a map which showed Las Olas as the boundary.

He told you correctly.  Riviera Alta and Los Olivos are in Ajijic as well as La Floresta and Bugambilias (the little frac. between La Floresta and Tobolandia.  Below the Carretera, any thing east of Paseo de las Olas (which is in La Floresta), is SAT.
Now I can really confuse my friends who think I am crazy to move to Lake Chapala Mexico! I can say I changed my mind and decided to move to Tobolandia and learn to speak Tobonese. I don't know what happens if they google Tobolandia. I will try it. Smiles Bill

BILLBOGEY
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Like America, where the whites killed or drove off the previous indigenous, native population, they named many of the new States with names of those people. ie. Iowa, Utah, Dakota, etc., etc.
Here, the Gringos exterminated the Tobos to extinction, but their name lives on.
Don't bother with Wikipedia as nobody, unfortunately, updated the local history.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:49 pm

There are shops in Guadalajara that sell replicas of Tobo artifacts. Sadly, original objects raided from sacred sites are available on the black market.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:There are shops in Guadalajara that sell replicas of Tobo artifacts. Sadly, original objects raided from sacred sites are available on the black market.

Does that Tobo-Mexican organization/group still exist/meet that delves into and studies this culture?

Bill, I hope you put your friends onto this board.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next