INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to get good soil/compost from?

2 posters

Go down

Where to get good soil/compost from? Empty Where to get good soil/compost from?

Post by Cincy Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:29 pm

I need a large bag (maybe more) of good soil/compost. Any recommendations where to go lakeside? I have a full-size van for pickup.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Where to get good soil/compost from? Empty Re: Where to get good soil/compost from?

Post by Cincy Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Just purchased some "reasonable" stuff from the little garden center on the carretera just west of Rio Bravo in Rancho del Oro. 2 heavy bags @ 35 pesos each.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Where to get good soil/compost from? Empty Re: Where to get good soil/compost from?

Post by Trailrunner Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Cincy, I would like to invite you (and anyone else interested) to join our Ajijic Organic Growers Group. There is a Facebook page of the same name. We meet the second Wed of every month at 10 at Tabarka Restaurant.

I also start with the dirt that you bought, but to that I add equal parts humus, compost, and jal. 25% each.

Bags of the other components can be bought at Vicky's garden store (the red store across from S and S in Riberas) for not much money. Laura also has these things at her garden store next to 7-11 in Riberas. She sells an all-in-one product called Happy Frog. A little expensive tho.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down