INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scam call, number (492)146 857 x

Go down

Scam call, number (492)146 857 x Empty Scam call, number (492)146 857 x

Post by Intercasa Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Looks like "Michael" is in Guadalajara and saying you know him, beware could be extortion accident scam call, number (492)146 857 x

Guy calls and acts like an old friend and is vague and has bad connection, native English speaker, then you get a call later that he causes an accident and insurance expired or aduana caught him with more than 10,000 cash and he needs to pay the fine to the government all you need to do is to deposit to an account at Walmart or Azteca or Oxxo or some other bank so he doesnt go to jail. Guy is scammer and a stranger and calls lots of people with same scam story and even will put police on phone who are fake too
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Scam call, number (492)146 857 x Empty Re: Scam call, number (492)146 857 x

Post by Intercasa Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Here is info from someone hit too...

Here I am, feeling very stupid for getting scammed by this. On Monday, Aug 14, I received a call from a friend, Michael Sullivan, requesting 4,300 fro an emergency car repair. Stupidly not thinking about it (the person concerned would NEVER be in such a circumstance), I sent 4300 pesos to 4152313296682839, a Bancomer account number.

Subsequently, I received a call from "Michael" saying that the repair was OK, but that some police (traffic?) were holding him because his insurance was not valid. I advised him to call your office, and subsequently received a call from 3313008478 and a person claiming to be Spencer (the voice was in perfect English and the voice sounded familiar) who said that everything would be OK for Michael if I deposited a 4,000 peso insurance payment to a new account number. (They also told me that Spencer has a new cel phone number: 331300847.) I went to Bancomer, and deposited 4,000 to account number 4152313296682839, in the name of Norma Adriana Quiroz Villase??? (the name is not complete on the receipt).

I then received a call from "Michael" at the same phone number, 4921468576, as before saying that he had given me the wrong account number for the transfer, and that I actually only needed to send 3,000 pesos to another account. The receipt for this transfer from Farmarcia Gudallajara does not seem to show a destination account number but the "Numero de Giro for the transfer was XE9KS39KK27UX, with the same name: Norma Adriana Quiroz Vill????.

After the first request for more money I was suspicious, and suggested that "Michael" call your office for legal advice. In less that half an hour, I got a call from 3313008478. The caller identified himself as Spencer (the voice was close enough for a not-too-good cellular connection) and assured me that if I sent the money for "insurance" that Michael and his car would be released from custody. They also gave me a "new number for Spencer": 3313008478.

The number supposedly for Michael, 4951468576, that I had received many calls from, does not now answer, however 3313008478 is answered by Spanish speakers, who refuse to speak English, so maybe that number provides some identity.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down