INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya

+16
raqueteer
ferret
hound dog
ChickenLittle
hockables
bobnliz
kipissippi
Khof
albertrv
CheenaGringo
gringal
Chapalagringa
Hensley
lucky
CanuckBob
Lehrer
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya - Page 3 Empty Re: South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya

Post by gringal Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:40 am

Lovely home you have there, "teach". Be happy!
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya - Page 3 Empty Re: South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya

Post by bobnliz Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:47 pm

Beautifully airy and open, Lehrer. Thanks for the looksee. Do you have any pic's of the neighborhood? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:32 pm

edited.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Glad you edited that comment Dawg...I was gonna ask John how he managed to post a comment using your handle.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:04 pm

ferret wrote:Glad you edited that comment Dawg...I was gonna ask John how he managed to post a comment using your handle.

Who am I, what am I doing here, who is John? I'm confused. Who let the dogs out?

BTW, nice new digs Lehrer.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Why Mr. Lehrer nice to see you back. Great place. It looks pretty big. Did you get your Internet situation figured out?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Sorry...johninajijic (John)

...and yes, nice digs Lehrer. I hope that you have settled in and will be happy and content.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 am

CanuckBob wrote:Why Mr. Lehrer nice to see you back. Great place. It looks pretty big. Did you get your Internet situation figured out?
Not quite. This new home has no telephone and no internet. TelMex needs three poles installed to do it -- at my cost. Rolling Eyes In the meantime, I'm using public access located only three blocks from the house -- walking distance.
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:01 pm

I've posted a few new pics, taken by my wife:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2474120583020.2133653.1552590909&type=1&l=8326c13372

Liz, there isn't much "neighborhood" since we have the only house on the block. The sports complex is across the street. DIF is a block away to the west. The nearest neighbors are a block away to the north -- but everybody knows us!!!

Bob, we're getting closer to acquiring high-speed internet service. We had telephone installed Monday and we're going to Ajijic tomorrow (November 24th) to pick up the modem for Infinitum. I posted a story about the circus performance on my Facebook account, if you're interested (and a member). At least with a telephone line I can connect with dial-up (as I'm doing at this moment).

ferret - Sending you a PM.

My thanks to everyone for your support -- past & present.

Beer
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Nice Poosy Gato, Lehrer. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:09 am

Nice house Lehrer - this one looks different than the one you showed us you were working on a few months ago. Did the outside get painted?

That pusscat has grown up quite a bit since you got him.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 am

The cat in the picture on Facebook is the same cat that I'm holding in my profile picture on this board. Yes, he's changed quite a bit.
@simpsca - I had some pictures posted of the house in Mismaloya, but we left and moved back to Tizapán after only two months there. We had several reasons for the change of mind, but the house itself was not the problem.
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:11 pm

He looks very well kept indeed, that marmalade cat. Cuddly boy. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Yes, he looks like a real sweety. Hope you enjoy the new house.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:10 pm

As of this afternoon Lehrer is connected with high-speed internet at the house!!

No more trudging off to the public access site a couple of blocks away.

HURRAY!!!

mariachi

flag waver

Beer
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:19 pm

THAT is a big deal, congrats!
Beer
South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya - Page 3 169387
mariachi
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Hey, Lehrer; Now that you are finally settled down there in Meth City, Dawg hopes you will take time to remember your old amigos and keep some stash in the pantry for your Southern compatriots. Dawg´s trailer up in Covington County, Alabama is woefully lacking in inventory so I´m hoping that the next time I drive the ´58 Ford Fairlane up there you can supply me with some ingredients that will set off old Melba Jean Cumbie and cause her to provide Old Dawg with one of her memorable roller coaster rides to the edge of ecstacy. Damn, now that Dennis Hopper, Dawg´s hero, is dead, I need other reprobates I can look up to if you´ll pardon the English.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 pm

hound dog wrote:Hey, Lehrer; Now that you are finally settled down there in Meth City, Dawg hopes you will take time to remember your old amigos and keep some stash in the pantry for your Southern compatriots. Dawg´s trailer up in Covington County, Alabama is woefully lacking in inventory so I´m hoping that the next time I drive the ´58 Ford Fairlane up there you can supply me with some ingredients that will set off old Melba Jean Cumbie and cause her to provide Old Dawg with one of her memorable roller coaster rides to the edge of ecstacy. Damn, now that Dennis Hopper, Dawg´s hero, is dead, I need other reprobates I can look up to if you´ll pardon the English.

Huh?

All I can offer you is beer and high-octane booze.

If that's appealing, come on over!

Blackeye
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Dawg has been into the Biscuits again South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya - Page 3 169387
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 am

Lehrer wrote:The cat in the picture on Facebook is the same cat that I'm holding in my profile picture on this board. Yes, he's changed quite a bit.
I thought some of you might be interested in these pictures of Pancho "helping" me pot some plants:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2680999274858.2136988.1552590909&type=1&l=8050143399
lol!
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Lehrer wrote:Omigod! Do you folks REALLY think I would divulge this woman's name???
Please! I am too much the Southern gentleman to expose her on a public board.

Southern Gentlemen ( read Dawg), do not squat in hardscrabble redneck towns unless they have suffered financial catastrophe. Who would move from Palm Beach to West Palm Beach, Santa Monica to Torrance, Mountain Brook to Birmingham, Connecticut to The Bronx, Sausalito to Richmond (California), St. Helena to West Oakland, Ajijic to cow-hollow Jocotepec or butt-ugly Chapala, San Miguel dÁllede to The Journey´s End Trailer Park and Bowling Alley in Bonehead, Texas, anywhere on the planet to Minnesota or Kansas, Paris to Algiers, Lagos to Port Harcourt and countless other moves down the food chain unless they must for reasons of affordability. Dawg may have retired in the wrong place but there the moron is. Too bad, I´ve been thinking Ibiza would have been a better choice.

Beyond all of that - who in their right mind would move to the south shore of Lake Chapala. Most folks born there are in Houston washing cars.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:03 pm

[I thought some of you might be interested in these pictures of Pancho "helping" me pot some plants:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2680999274858.2136988.1552590909&type=1&l=8050143399
lol! [/quote]

That was great. Perhaps now you have some pictures of your watching paint drying on your walls down there in the boonies or, if we are really lucky, pictures of you unsuccessfully studying elementary Spanish and endlessly repeating, "¿Como se llama usted?" to no avail to people passing in the streets.

Just kidding Lehrer; you´re a good sport.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Lehrer wrote:
Lehrer wrote:The cat in the picture on Facebook is the same cat that I'm holding in my profile picture on this board. Yes, he's changed quite a bit.
I thought some of you might be interested in these pictures of Pancho "helping" me pot some plants:
lol!

After that, he jumped into your bed and took a bath, correct?

I can see that you are a good cat "ownee."

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:21 pm

hound dog wrote:... who in their right mind would move to the south shore of Lake Chapala. Most folks born there are in Houston washing cars.

"Don't make me angry! You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"

This quote is from whom??? (Trivia question.)

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya - Page 3 868847

bounce

Last edited by Lehrer on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Mainecoons wrote:

After that, he jumped into your bed and took a bath, correct?

I can see that you are a good cat "ownee."

Sometimes I really wish it were possible to give a cat a bath! The best thing Maria & I can do is hold him down and run a wet towel over him (or Schlingel, his "brother").

This was funny, though. While I was sweeping up the mess, he thought it would be fun to tackle the broom, as well!

lol!
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Lehrer wrote:
hound dog wrote:... who in their right mind would move to the south shore of Lake Chapala. Most folks born there are in Houston washing cars.

"Don't make me angry! You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"

This quote is from whom??? (Trivia question.)

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya - Page 3 868847

bounce

David Banner AKA The Hulk............
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next