INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Gasoline Shortage

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by MichaelB on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:15 pm


MichaelB
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 29
Join date : 2016-01-06

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by ferret on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:41 pm

Went out at 7:20 to join the line at the Riberas Pemex gas station. And just got home at 8:37. I live two blocks away from it. The line was long but very orderly and organized. Limit is 500 pesos but the attendant was so busy counting his money that I got 600 pesos. Lucky me! I'm full and know from past experience that this will last me about six weeks. Breathing easier now.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5151
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by SunshineyDay on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Which line did you get into?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1066
Join date : 2012-12-02

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by ferret on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:00 pm

There is only ONE line. It starts on the street next to the lake about half a block west... goes east and up the entire street next to the Pemex. That one line is directed, just before the pumps, into whatever pump is available.
FYI, I went south towards the lake beside Mom's Restaurant and turned going east onto the street next to the lake and joined the line. It's easy to spot the red tail lights of the cars in the line.
And they still had Magna.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5151
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by Trailrunner on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:17 pm

Big explosion outside of Hidalgo, Pemex pipeline, dozens of huachicoleros killed and injured. Scary video, looks like a war zone.

https://regeneracion.mx/tragedia-en-hidalgo-explota-toma-clandestina-de-combustible-video/
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6738
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by Intercasa on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:45 pm

They wont arrest these people and when asked to leave they would not. I bet the injured wish they were in jail, maybe they can't get to the hospital if the ambulances have no gas. Karma payback.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2010-04-05
Age : 48
Location : Chapala / Zapopan
Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by Carry Bean on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:09 pm

ferret wrote:There is only ONE line. It starts on the street next to the lake about half a block west... goes east and up the entire street next to the Pemex. That one line is directed, just before the pumps, into whatever pump is available.
FYI, I went south towards the lake beside Mom's Restaurant and turned going east onto the street next to the lake and joined the line. It's easy to spot the red tail lights of the cars in the line.
And they still had Magna.

This is a stupid question but do you let your engine idle while in line or cut it off and restart as the line moves? Both ways seem like it would waste gas.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2490
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by slainte39 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:14 pm

The rule of thumb used to be 30 seconds.
If you think you are not going to move in 30 seconds, kill the engine.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 7885
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by ferret on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:20 pm

Most people (and me) were cutting our engines and starting up again as the line moved. Sometimes the line moved two cars at a time and sometimes four. The car in front of me stalled and left a space which someone tried to cut into. Needless to say, there was some honking. Then, as the station came into view, I could see people pulling off the highway and trying to cut the line. That didn't work either as the police stepped right up to block their access.
Nice and orderly.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5151
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by Problem Child on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:21 pm

I would never try to cut a line, especially in this situation. That's inviting "Road rage," and in Mexico, I don't think anyone would look twice, especially if it's a Gringo.

IMO

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 387
Join date : 2018-10-06

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by cypress on Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:48 am

I got gas last evening at the station east of Piedra Barrenda. You could get as much gas as you wanted-including containers. It took about an hour. They have 3 pumping stations so service should be fast. The station was short of workers and many clients pay with plastic so those two things really slowed service down. I asked the server why they didn't have more employees working. He said they don't get any warning of when they are getting a delivery of gas so it isn't easy to get employees out to work.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 461
Join date : 2012-05-16
Location : Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by DaveP on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:42 am

cypress wrote:I got gas last evening at the station east of Piedra Barrenda. You could get as much gas as you wanted-including containers. It took about an hour. They have 3 pumping stations so service should be fast. The station was short of workers and many clients pay with plastic so those two things really slowed service down. I asked the server why they didn't have more employees working. He said they don't get any warning of when they are getting a delivery of gas so it isn't easy to get employees out to work.

Is that the one near Arileo restaurant?
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 716
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : La Canacinta
Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by Trailrunner on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:52 am

cypress wrote: I asked the server why they didn't have more employees working. He said they don't get any warning of when they are getting a delivery of gas so it isn't easy to get employees out to work.

That's what I was told too. The tankers show up and if there is no one at the station to receive the gas they wait 15 minutes and move on to the next delivery.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6738
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by cypress on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:08 am

DaveP wrote:
cypress wrote:I got gas last evening at the station east of Piedra Barrenda. You could get as much gas as you wanted-including containers. It took about an hour. They have 3 pumping stations so service should be fast. The station was short of workers and many clients pay with plastic so those two things really slowed service down. I asked the server why they didn't have more employees working. He said they don't get any warning of when they are getting a delivery of gas so it isn't easy to get employees out to work.

Is that the one near Arileo restaurant?

Yes. How can they be so disorganized?

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 461
Join date : 2012-05-16
Location : Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by ferret on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:36 am

I would think that it's a matter of security not disorganization.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5151
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by CanuckBob on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:14 am

There is currently gas in Ajijic.

_________________
Vacation Rentals
www.casadecomo.webs.com
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 15884
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 55
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by Problem Child on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:27 am

CanuckBob wrote:There is currently gas in Ajijic.

Seems the President is spending millions of pesos for rental trucks, drivers, guards, etc. to "save" billions of pesos. Sounds good however, as was pointed out earlier, how long can this go on? Also, once the pipes are opened, what's to say the bad-guys won't be back at work the next day?

Of course, cracking down on the execs in Pemex that are complicate and sleeping with the cartels, and stopping the stations that are selling the stolen gas will, IMO, in the long-run. help. Add to this a "Shoot to kill" mentality on the side of the government, it should work. The operative term is, "long-run." Now "we" just have to put up with the inconveniences, for the long-term, "greater good" for Mexico.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 387
Join date : 2018-10-06

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by cypress on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 am

ferret wrote:I would think that it's a matter of security not disorganization.
Definitely disorganized. No one in charge coordinating things.
No gas in SJC this morning.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 461
Join date : 2012-05-16
Location : Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by shana on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:13 am

No gasoline on the libramiento or at the Ajijic Pemex now, 11:05 A.M.  Saturday

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-10-10

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by CanuckBob on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:44 am

Problem Child wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:There is currently gas in Ajijic.

Seems the President is spending millions of pesos for rental trucks, drivers, guards, etc. to "save" billions of pesos. Sounds good however, as was pointed out earlier, how long can this go on? Also, once the pipes are opened, what's to say the bad-guys won't be back at work the next day?

Of course, cracking down on the execs in Pemex that are complicate and sleeping with the cartels, and stopping the stations that are selling the stolen gas will, IMO, in the long-run. help. Add to this a "Shoot to kill" mentality on the side of the government, it should work. The operative term is, "long-run." Now "we" just have to put up with the inconveniences, for the long-term, "greater good" for Mexico.

I would think just eliminating the main buyer of the stolen gasoline (crooked Pemex franchises) would pretty much take care of the problem. No use stealing something you can't sell (or at least sell in the quantities that have spawned this problem). Gasoline also has a shelf life. You can't sit on it for more than 3 months to a year depending on the blend.

_________________
Vacation Rentals
www.casadecomo.webs.com
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 15884
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 55
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by Trailrunner on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:32 pm

Took the bus this morning, no problem with the schedules they seem to be running normally. I asked the driver if he was having problems getting diesel and he said no but laughed and said his only problem is finding gas stations open to buy the diesel. Said he ended up getting it in Tonala this morning.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6738
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by Carry Bean on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Somebody posted on Facebook that 15 minutes ago the Ajijic Pemex had gas.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2490
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by CanuckBob on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:38 pm

It would seem replenishment is coming quicker each day. Hopefully the lineups subside within a few more.

_________________
Vacation Rentals
www.casadecomo.webs.com
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 15884
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 55
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by Carry Bean on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 pm

I sure hope so.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2490
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by ferret on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:41 pm

I received this from a friend today. Very long and I really, really hope that it's fake but I'm also afraid that it isn't.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/drug-war-mexico-gas-oil-cartel-717563/

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5151
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by shana on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:49 pm

Thanks Carry Bean for posting.  I read it and quickly changed into street clothes and flew out the door.  It was quick.  They filled the tank.  The whole trip took 45 minutes from my house and back.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-10-10

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Shortage - Page 6 Empty Re: Gasoline Shortage

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum