INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gasliquido TOMZA TRUCK...thieves and cheats

+7
espíritu del lago
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
suegarn
gringal
ferret
lakeside7
11 posters

Go down

Gasliquido TOMZA TRUCK...thieves  and cheats  Empty Gasliquido TOMZA TRUCK...thieves and cheats

Post by lakeside7 Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:38 pm

To day, Friday the guys from TOMZA Gas made a unscheduled stop and wanted to "fill up" my 300.lt. tank.

I checked the gauge and it was 40% full so I said no thanks. Then the guy said let me top it up and I will give you 100 pesos discount.

So I said Ok.

He filled it to 90/95%, then gave me a bill for 2,689 pesos...No No that can not be, check it with your partner...then came back with a bill for 2,389 pesos!!!!...No No how can you put 217 litros amount into a 40% full tank....well the price of gas went up last week!!!!!

After a short but serious discussion the guy final settled for 1,690 pesos

I have never had a service from anyone who has been so blatantly trying to cheat me...Beware.... the names on their card , Oscar, Antonio, Victor

The office telephone number which I tried to call without success is 8000 6060 located in Zapotlane...( What code do I call from my house phone)
Another of life challenges in Paradise ...good luck to Pres Obrador trying to make serious changes to the character and ingrained Mexican culture

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Gasliquido TOMZA TRUCK...thieves  and cheats  Empty Re: Gasliquido TOMZA TRUCK...thieves and cheats

Post by ferret Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 pm

[quote="lakeside7"
Another of life challenges in Paradise ...good luck to Pres Obrador trying to make serious changes to the character  and ingrained Mexican culture [/quote]

I'm sorry you got ripped off but tarring all Mexicans with the same brush is not appropriate. I certainly know many who impeccably honest. If you must be prejudiced, be prejudiced against the assholes in this world... and they come in all races, creeds and colours.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Gasliquido TOMZA TRUCK...thieves  and cheats  Empty Re: Gasliquido TOMZA TRUCK...thieves and cheats

Post by gringal Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:25 pm

A first step (yes, this is a "woulda, coulda, shoulda") is to ask the price before the goods (whether it be gas, wood, or food) are delivered.
I agree with Ferret:  I've had potential and sometimes successful thievery foisted on me by every nationality.  I've also had some incredibly honest treatment, likewise.
I'd also switch gas companies, just on principle, and I would report your experience to their employer. Sorry to hear it happened. Thumbs down

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:37 pm

ferret wrote:[quote="lakeside7"
Another of life challenges in Paradise ...good luck to Pres Obrador trying to make serious changes to the character  and ingrained Mexican culture

I'm sorry you got ripped off but tarring all Mexicans with the same brush is not appropriate. I certainly know many who impeccably honest. If you must be prejudiced, be prejudiced against the assholes in this world... and they come in all races, creeds and colours.[/quote]

Excuse me...I am not tarring ALL Mexicans and identified the assholes...I have dealt with this company before, no problem's...I am not just just hatched, or got of the boat..but with age I am getting a bit tired of having to kept up my guard

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Actually, lakeside7, in your last sentence on your OP, that is EXACTLY what you did.....tarring all Mexicans and their culture with the same brush.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:31 pm

Yep.

That said, these guys ripped me off about 10 years ago. They are to be avoided.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:41 pm

suegarn wrote:Actually, lakeside7, in your last sentence on your OP, that is EXACTLY what you did.....tarring all Mexicans and their culture with the same brush.

Oh dear..please show me the exact words "ALL Mexicans"..If by inference that is what YOU want to read into the sentence that is your prerogative

Perhaps the following report may give some credence to my experience since I arrived here in the 90's..not yours mine

[[i]i][b]Mexico is the 138 least corrupt nation out of 175 countries, according to the 2018 Corruption Perceptions Index reported by Transparency International. Corruption Rank in Mexico averaged 79 from 1995 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 138 in 2018 and a record low of 32 in 1995[b]

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Well actually this isn't "corruption", it is theft and/or fraud.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/corruption

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:03 pm

Fact.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:31 am

On a side note, I thought propane tanks should not be filled above 85%. There should be a red warning bar on the gauge...

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:57 pm

so their meter is rigged. Report them to Profeco and buy from someone else.. Such a tempest in a teapot Lakeside 7

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:31 pm

Too often my tank was filled to 90%. I have never had a problem but now I say 80%, and with solar panels to heat my water, I don't have buy that much gas.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences..Yes I need to be more pro active and plan and go back to Zeta Gaz

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:03 am

First, aren't you concerned with saying in a public forum that a named person/company tried to cheat you?

I took the advice of another poster, which was to ask the per liter price then ask for a specific price. I said last time, I wanted $2,000. That was it. Little chance for being created there.

Still, it's only a few pesos, so why make an issue?

Sarcasm intended.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:27 am

Oh, yes. Once you get the bill, you can divide the liters into the amount of $$ you said to put in to make sure it's the price per liter you were quoted.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down