INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belgian Scientists Announce New Solar Panel That Makes Hydrogen

+2
addtocart
espíritu del lago
6 posters

Go down

Belgian Scientists Announce New Solar Panel That Makes Hydrogen Empty Belgian Scientists Announce New Solar Panel That Makes Hydrogen

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:03 am

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/03/03/belgian-scientists-announce-new-solar-panel-that-makes-hydrogen/

"According to Belgian news source VRT NWS, scientists at KU Leuven, located in Flanders, Belgium, say they have created a solar panel that uses sunlight to make hydrogen from the moisture in the air. It can produce up to 250 liters of hydrogen gas a day. Professor Johan Martens and his team have been working on this for a decade. At first, the amount of hydrogen produced was minuscule but in a recent demonstration on a cloudy day, observers could see large quantities of hydrogen"bubbles appear almost as soon as the demonstration panel was rolled into the sunlight."
---------------------
This is amazing news! 
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Belgian Scientists Announce New Solar Panel That Makes Hydrogen Empty Re: Belgian Scientists Announce New Solar Panel That Makes Hydrogen

Post by addtocart Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:50 am

Firstly, I believe the scientists' name is Ned Flanders and the article came from Springfield. But more importantly, what would you plan to do with all that hydrogen?
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Belgian Scientists Announce New Solar Panel That Makes Hydrogen Empty Re: Belgian Scientists Announce New Solar Panel That Makes Hydrogen

Post by RoyD Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:05 am

I would say that is a big breakthrough. Hydrogen is the cheapest, most plentiful form of clean energy on the planet. The equipment, however, is expensive to make it and it is highly volatile. The next challenge is the tech to use it safely.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:18 am

Can't you mix that hydrogen with oxygen and make water?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:00 am

This could change everything! Wonder what the conversion efficiency is?
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:38 am

ferret wrote:Can't you mix that hydrogen with oxygen and make water?
Sure. Just get a hydrogen bottle and an oxygen bottle and point the nozzles at each other and watch the water magically appear.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:51 am

Loved the smart ass reply addtocart. Yes, you can if you google and read. Not something the average person would want to do though. I was thinking the hydrogen production could be "piped" away to a more remote location and let professionals make the water. This would be a win/win in locations where there's plenty of sunshine but not much water. Dunno.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 am

I like this system and would rather have water than hydrogen... less dangerous. YMMV.
https://www.wartsila.com/twentyfour7/innovation/solar-panels-that-generate-water

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm

I have a genetic defect (I guess?) that I can reliably produce methane gas. Maybe I should patent myself?
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down