INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"BUY AMERICAN"

4 posters

Go down

"BUY AMERICAN" Empty "BUY AMERICAN"

Post by Problem Child Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:27 pm

A few decades ago, when goods from China and other countries were flooding into the U.S., companies in the U.S.pushed the "BUY AMERICAN" idea to save jobs.

I live in Chapala and needed some basic dental work done, so I decided to shop local.

I went to Dra Paola Reyes Rico on the main streets, in a walk upstairs office.The office wasn't fancy like the dental offices in the Ajijic area, and the prices were much less than Ajijic, but this isn't why I chose her; I wanted to support my local providers.

I won't list all the things Dra.Paola did or didn't do that didn't follow basic dental protocol. I know protocol since I managed a small dental office for 5 years in California.

Within 3-minutes of the procedure being over and my paying, when I hit the bricks, I started to hiccup.

Hiccup: When the air rushing in hits your voice box, your vocal cords close suddenly and you're left with a big hiccup. Some things that irritate the diaphragm are eating too quickly or too much, an irritation in the stomach or the throat, or feeling nervous or excited

I ended up at Cruz Rojo when it got really that I couldn't breath. A shot and prescription didn't help.

Next day, Called Dr. Juan Lastra. He gave a prescription. No help.

Finally, after doing research, I made an appointment with Dr. Rafael E. Venegas, a gastroenterologist.

His conclusion: Since I had never once been told to take some water, swish it in my mouth and spot it out, all the debris from the procedures went through my diaphragm, irritating it, tc. Also, there was no dental assistant and the suction hose just hung from the right corner of my mouth the entire time.

Last trip was to a Clinic where Dr. Rafael and team put me under sedation, and while I was asleep, went into my stomach and did what was needed. When I woke, hiccups gone and haven't returned.

Thanks Dr. Rafael.

Total cost? About $14,300.00

No, I'm not suing; no, I'm not filing for anything with Profoco nor any other agency. No website, no flyers. Nothing other than telling my story here that might help someone, and give my wife the right to say, "I told you so." She said I shouldn't go to a local dentist.

I wouldn't go back to Dr's Paola or recommend her.

=30=

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

"BUY AMERICAN" Empty Re: "BUY AMERICAN"

Post by gringal Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:50 pm

The fact that the dentist was local has nothing to do with the problem you experienced. There are some "local" dentists with sterling and well deserved reputations for providing excellent care at far less than it would have been N.O.B.

Your post serves to tell us of one to avoid. That's it.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:31 pm

gringal wrote:The fact that the dentist was local has nothing to do with the problem you experienced.  There are some "local" dentists with sterling and well deserved reputations for providing excellent care at far less than it would have been N.O.B.

Your post serves to tell us of one to avoid.  That's it.

You are absolutely correct. Also, sometimes the term "local" is not clear.

Thanks for pointing out my error.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:37 pm

Americans are easy to buy - just offer them a Hershey bar and a pack of Marlboros. Friends for life.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide Sky Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:25 pm

Okay, your diaphragm is a closed system - it creates a vacuum to move the air in and out of your lungs. Things can't go thru your diaphragm; if they did you would be dead.
"since I had never once been told to take some water, swish it in my mouth and spit it out" - Your 80 years old so you left your big boy pants at home and can't think for yourself.
Yes hiccups are caused by an irritation to the nerves controlling the diaphragm and since the Doctor went into your stomach perhaps it was a gastroesophageal reflux and the dental visit provoked a pre-existing condition.
"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster" Clint Eastwood

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:56 pm

I'm sure you will love my next warning on a Lakeside dentist.

I like the quote

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down