INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Boost Wi Fi Repeater-real or scam?

+2
Carry Bean
sm1mex
6 posters

Go down

Super Boost Wi Fi Repeater-real or scam? Empty Super Boost Wi Fi Repeater-real or scam?

Post by sm1mex Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:06 am

MSN keeps having an ad for this Super Boost Wi Fi speed device in Mexico. Has anyone heard of this? It says it will boost your wi fi speed from 8.5 to 32.2. You have to order it on line and they are offering a 50% discount now so the price is $49.99.

You can plug this device into any electrical outlet in the house and it will increase wi fi through concrete walls or any room in the house including upstairs.

I don't know if this is a really good device or a scam. Anyone heard of this device?

web site is techdiscountdeals.com

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Super Boost Wi Fi Repeater-real or scam? Empty Re: Super Boost Wi Fi Repeater-real or scam?

Post by Carry Bean Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:29 am

I have seen the ads but I’m not buying it literally.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Super Boost Wi Fi Repeater-real or scam? Empty Re: Super Boost Wi Fi Repeater-real or scam?

Post by sm1mex Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:05 pm

I'm a little skeptical myself. When it said to click on the web site, it wouldn't open, but the link to order did open. I tried to copy and paste a picture of the device on this web board, but it wouldn't paste but I was able to get a copy pasted on TOB.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Take this product with a grain of salt... it is not magic, it is simply a repeater/booster of the wifi signal that is coming out of your wireless modem (yours from Telmex I am guessing). It might work depending on your house but it might not do any good UNLESS your wifi signal is really,really poor to begin with... like is the case with the new ILOX fiber modem.

There are devices like this available to you locally also as some have purchased them to help in their house, especially with ILOX. BTW, that same device is available in the US (AMAZON, etc) for less than $20 so the $49.95-half-off sale is no bargain.

Caveat Emptor
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:33 pm

These devices are extenders. They extend the range of whatever wifi signal you have at your modem. They do not...repeat do not....increase whatever speed you are paying your service provider for. If you have 5mb on Telmex that's all your ever going to get unless they can upgrade you to VDSL or fiber

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Yes they extend the WiFi range only not the speed. They do extend the range. You can buy extenders at Steren. I think they are about 450 pesos.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:13 pm

I have a box of expensive routers and repeaters and none really worked, spent 100-200US on most. Ill wait a few years for Ilox to do my install and then my 350MB speed may dribble down to 50 at the far corners of my home
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down