INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mediterranean Gas Fireplace Entertainment Center

+7
Milena
ferret
CanuckBob
johninajijic
CheenaGringo
El Bajio
Chapalagringa
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mediterranean Gas Fireplace Entertainment Center - Page 3 Empty Re: Mediterranean Gas Fireplace Entertainment Center

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:18 pm

and the builder? how does he move up the ladder?.....

I know a bunch of contractors here that started out as laborers and worked their way up.

Glad to hear this!!! Thanks for sharing!

Now boss, it's Friday and last day of month...is the payroll ready?
Now see, your powers of observation failed you again. Here is another example of you not knowing what's what here. For construction workers, pay day is Saturday

Boss, how are you paying tomorrow if it's not been prepared today??? They only work 1/2 day!!!!!

Btw, you're a real darling Basta

@gringal, thank you!!! I've thought about a screen to keep little hands safe. Not sure where to look for one.

Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Mediterranean Gas Fireplace Entertainment Center - Page 3 Empty Re: Mediterranean Gas Fireplace Entertainment Center

Post by gringal Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Check EBay. I bought mine when Suzy's consignments was still in business, then discovered they had them on EBay. My fireplace looks the same as yours, but was built long ago since my house is a long ago casa. Mine is woodburning, but the opening has the same shape.

The spreading tail peacock design which follows the line of the opening looks good.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:54 pm

Day 19...baseboard installed this afternoon. Only lacking the glass shelves & gas logs, which I would have used these past 2 days of drizzle and chill. Hey, Sleepless In Seattle playing, what other film could warm my heart? :) btw, those cables from the tv will soon disappear, everything isn't hooked up yet.

Mediterranean Gas Fireplace Entertainment Center - Page 3 6241482205_70e162133f_b
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Beautiful job.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Thank you to everyone who had nice things to say about it :)

Probably be able to find a screen in Tonala or have one made from there?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Yes, beautiful job, you should be very proud. I love the side “niches”, a lot of potential. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Based on our extensive travels/shopping around Tonala, I would guess that would have to be extremely lucky to find just the right screen to meet your configuration and size requirements. Certainly there are plenty of iron fabricators in Tonala that could make to your specifications but I would recommend having a design in mind and photos or drawings of such. A bit of work on the Internet might produce a photo or drawing of what you would like. For example, I did a Google search for "arched fireplace screens" and saw the following:
[img]Mediterranean Gas Fireplace Entertainment Center - Page 3 Cla-1a10[/img]

Not exactly what I would personally want for an arched fireplace but maybe a start for a design idea?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Great ideas CG!

Home is where the heart is. I'm kind of liking this w/a heart being there are hearts in our front door and even a heart shaped rock in one of the outside walls, unplanned but there.
Mediterranean Gas Fireplace Entertainment Center - Page 3 Firepl10

But this style w/the side panels:
Mediterranean Gas Fireplace Entertainment Center - Page 3 Perfec10

My only issue is convincing dh that we need it since he doesn't want an extra thing to kick & fall over. Rolling Eyes
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

DH sealed that baby today with some sealer that will help it not turn black from the flames and I'm either gonna die or be high tonight because it's time to close the windows!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3