INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rounding the Corner

+15
SunFan
slainte39
ComputerGuy
brigitte
inthecolumbiagorge
Jubilacion
TomQC
kiko
JEJACK
mudgirl
Lucky Girl
Lady Otter Latté
ldrews
ferret
RickS
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rounding the Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: Rounding the Corner

Post by ferret Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:13 pm

Shocked Rolling Eyes Basta smash comp Rounding the Corner - Page 2 18717 Rounding the Corner - Page 2 850219 Rounding the Corner - Page 2 477249 razberry

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

DaveP, gringal, Lucky Girl, jgriff and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:14 pm

Re Sweden: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/sweden-coronavirus-response-experiment

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TomQC Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:11 am

kiko wrote:Never argue with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.

And:

Rounding the Corner - Page 2 Unname10
TomQC
TomQC
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté, RickS and inthecolumbiagorge like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilacion Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:18 am

Our Libertarian friend's contrarian view of reality is basically that he wants and expects Government help only when he wants and expects Government help, and the rest of us are fools to buy into science and common sense.

One of the most ignorant comments I have read since Covid broke early in the year was said in this thread on page 1...

"If masks and social distancing work, how come the number of cases is increasing? And then follows up with another gem ANSWERING HIS OWN QUESTION admitting he doesn't wear a mask or buy into social distancing when he says, "Well, if people are not willing to comply (with wearing masks) then why try to mandate it?"     What...???   Shocked

Since he quoted Benjamin Franklin earlier, here's one associated to BF he may not like since it hit's close to home...

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain -- and most fools do."

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes, please!

DaveP, Lady Otter Latté, RickS, kiko, inthecolumbiagorge, mudgirl and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:43 am

As far as Idrews is concerned.....we all know he drank way more of the Koolaid than he should have long long ago:/
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:46 am

kiko had the best thought.... and the more we play with the pig the happier he is.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, inthecolumbiagorge and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:55 am

inthecolumbiagorge wrote:As far as Idrews is concerned.....we all know he drank way more of the Koolaid than he should have long long ago:/

And I suspect the Kool-Aid is not the only thing he drinks too much of. Beer
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

kamcd and inthecolumbiagorge like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:14 am

Of course masks should be MANDATED and should have been from the onset of Covid-19. They will be required for months or years or forever possibly because even with a vaccine it will probably always be a part of our lives, no going back "to the way it was"/: The article shared by RickS is proof positive that this is a political issue but it should not be. If the orange Cheetos in Chief would have mandated them from the beginning there would not be such a backlash and perhaps hundreds of thousands of lives would have been saved. Instead it has been politicized and so many on the right cry foul for their personal rights. Screw that. If wearing a mask is too much to ask to save your countrymen and women move! Get the F out! In the US we have to wear a seatbelt, we have to have car insurance, we have to have a license to drive, we have to register to vote, there are rules that mandate much of what we do and we have to do many many things we may not want to, to live successfully in a reasonable society! I see that the Soviet Union mandated masks again beginning today. Maybe that will prod Putin's dog to do something here!!!!!
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

DaveP, gringal, ferret, slainte39, Lady Otter Latté, kamcd, mudgirl and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:38 am

However at the beginning there was a serious lack of mask and pther equipment even in the medical profession.. that is wy my brother died in April.. That was in France but I bet it would have been the same in the US.. People are funny, in France people were up in arms because there were no masks and now they are up in arms because they have to wear them.. Try to please the crowd...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté and inthecolumbiagorge like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:23 am

Alfaro has pushed the button...
https://www.facebook.com/EnriqueAlfaroR/

If businesses don't comply they will lose their license to operate and be fined.
I'd like to see fines for not wearing a mask or wearing it improperly... or, at the very least, the threat of a fine. YMMV. Some people ya just have to hit over the head to get 'em to comply but threaten their wallet and they'll get it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

inthecolumbiagorge likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:26 am

In France  they managed to have decent and compliant drivers by hitting people in the wallet and taking their driver´s license away   , now there is a 135 euro fine for not wearing a mask.. that is the only thng people understand... pretty sad.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm

Imagine the money that could be spent on the Post Office budget if they fined everyone $150 for not wearing a mask. Fastest ballot returns ever.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Lucky Girl, inthecolumbiagorge and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:27 pm

El Paso Times USA TODAY NETWORK ? TEXAS  10/28/2020

JUÁREZ, Mexico ? The mayor of Juárez made an urgent plea for help from the Mexican government, asking for medical supplies and to consider banning U.S. citizens from crossing the border.

Like in El Paso, Texas, new cases of COVID-19 are surging in Chihuahua state with the epicenter in Juárez, which hit 1,100 deaths over the weekend, state public health officials said.

Juárez Mayor Armando Cabada is asking the Mexican government to consider temporarily banning U.S. citizens from nonessential travel over the border as COVID-19 flares in the region, reports the El Paso Times, which is part of the USA TODAY Network.

Travel by U.S. citizens in "indiscriminate crossings at the border in Ciudad Juárez are contributing in an active manner to the expansion of the virus," Cabada said Friday in a letter to Roberto Velasco Alvarez, director for North America in Mexico's Secretariat of Foreign Relations.

The U.S. has restricted nonessential Mexican tourist travel over the land border since March 21, but U.S. residents still are able to go to Mexico.

Cabada also made an "urgent plea" for medical supplies for hospitals over the weekend in a separate open letter to Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador.

Juárez hospitals need beds, ventilators, oxygen tanks and medication, as well as personal protective equipment for medical workers, Cabada said in the letter.

Cabada himself is hospitalized after testing positive for the virus for a second time.

A mobile tent hospital will be set up outside a Juárez hospital, state health officials said.

There were 364 new infections recorded across Chihuahua state in the previous 24 hours, state health officials said Sunday.

"Tell me where there isn't an outbreak? Right now in Chihuahua we are in 'red' (public health alert level), an intense red. Anywhere you put your finger on a map there is an outbreak," Dr. Arturo Valenzuela, health director for the northern region of Chihuahua state, said Monday in virtual news briefing responding to a question about an outbreak in a maquiladora industrial factory.

There have been more than 11,800 cases of the novel coronavirus confirmed in Juárez since the pandemic began, but actual numbers are believed to be much higher due to limited amounts of testing.

Esly Jaquez, 19, used to cross to El Paso with her laser visa, or border crossing card. She hasn't crossed since the U.S. government's restrictions on nonessential travel went into effect in March.

Still, she said closing the border on the Mexican side isn't the answer. Both sides need to better control the pandemic, she said.

"Just like they need to take precautions, we need to take precautions," she said, waiting for a ride at the Plaza Victoria shopping center in Juárez. "Very few people have been following the rules."

'Red light' restrictions

On Friday, Juárez implemented tighter "red light" state restrictions, including mandating the use of a face mask in public, limiting two adults per vehicle, a prohibition on weekend alcohol sales and a 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew.

Dr. Arturo Valenzuela

Health director for the northern region of Chihuahua state

The alcohol-sales ban, curfew and vehicle limits are intended to slow the spread of the virus by decreasing the number of people out at night possibly attending gatherings.

Juárez police reported seeing a decrease in public activity and closed 106 parties Saturday night and early Sunday, officials said. About 90 drivers were stopped and warned for violating the vehicle occupancy limit over the weekend.

The city of Juárez's emergency call center received 442 complaints about parties and gatherings, but only 30 calls turned out to be real, the mayor added.

Osvaldo Lezama, 31, was hawking his car-washing services Monday morning in the parking lot of a Soriana grocery store.

Lezama said he worried about the virus and its effect on the economy in Juárez. He hopes the return to "red" level restrictions will slow the contagion.

"It's going really badly for us ? with work and the sickness," he said, wearing a surgical mask. "People aren't following the rules. They have get-togethers. They have parties."
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:49 pm

Why anyone would want to go to Juarez to begin with mystifies me. Massive staging ground for abductions of workers, murders of the Press, police corruption at every level...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:34 pm

ldrews wrote:
ferret wrote:Rounded the corner and walked right into a brick wall. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing.

If masks and social distancing work, how come the number of cases is increasing?

Are you really, really, this stupid or just giving another one of your oscar winning acting performances.

You are probably the only "sick" person in my lifetime, that I haven´t felt sorry for.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:44 pm

kiko wrote:Never argue with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.

In México, a lot of happy pigs end in casos, being called "carnitas"......... lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:48 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:Why anyone would want to go to Juarez to begin with mystifies me. Massive staging ground for abductions of workers, murders of the Press, police corruption at every level...

Forty years ago, back in the 70´s, Cd. Juarez had the best Chinese restaurant in Mexico, never missed it every time I went there.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:27 pm

slainte39 wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:Why anyone would want to go to Juarez to begin with mystifies me. Massive staging ground for abductions of workers, murders of the Press, police corruption at every level...

Forty years ago, back in the 70´s, Cd. Juarez had the best Chinese restaurant in Mexico, never missed it every time I went there.

I spent a weekend in Juarez in about 1972 with my two kids and my brother and his family. We had a wonderful time. Sad what has become of it.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:33 pm

ferret wrote: Some people ya just have to hit over the head to get 'em to comply but threaten their wallet and they'll get it.

Like this: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/quebec-airbnb-party-83-students_ca_5f9868a8c5b6e61eb276b640?ncid=other_trending_qeesnbnu0l8&utm_campaign=trending

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TomQC Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:58 am

slainte39 wrote:
ldrews wrote:
ferret wrote:Rounded the corner and walked right into a brick wall. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing.

If masks and social distancing work, how come the number of cases is increasing?

Are you really, really, this stupid or just giving another one of your oscar winning acting performances.

You are probably the only "sick" person in my lifetime, that I haven´t felt sorry for.

Here is part of the answer for "ldrews" concerning masks:

Rounding the Corner - Page 2 12160910
TomQC
TomQC
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, SunFan, ComputerGuy, Smartalex, Lucky Girl, Heem, mudgirl and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:26 am

I'm amazed at how many people I see wearing a mask that doesn't cover their nose. Incredible.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:00 am

Yeah, like, why am I standing here dealing with you at your store when you don't cover your nose? Why don't you just take it off, because you are not helping.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lucky Girl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:04 am

Unfortunately the name of the mask in Spanish is "cubreboca" (cover mouth). It is being taken literally because people don't understand otherwise.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:46 pm

ldrews wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:
ldrews wrote:

Because too many people are doing neither. Duh!

Well, if people are not willing to comply then why try to mandate it?

Look what is the big deal of wearing a mask? The masses were for segregation did that make it right?

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

slainte39, Lady Otter Latté, Lucky Girl, BisbeeGal and mudgirl like this post

Heem dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:35 pm

The previous post likes.....

1 Lady
2 Girls
1 Gal

AND...AND...AND......1 ugly Irish-Mexican.
I know how to pick the crowd I run with....... Beer Beer Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:42 pm

SunFan wrote:I'm amazed at how many people I see wearing a mask that doesn't cover their nose. Incredible.

SunFan

Maybe they are as Don Imus used to call them......."low life mouth breathers"
InMexico,  they should be furnished  "cubrenariz"

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next