INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ILOX Upgrade

+2
ComputerGuy
casi nada
6 posters

Go down

ILOX Upgrade Empty ILOX Upgrade

Post by casi nada Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:53 am

Looks like I received an upgrade from ILOX. I had the 100mbps package and have been upgraded to 150mbps. Has anyone else noticed the increase in speed?

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

ILOX Upgrade Empty Re: ILOX Upgrade

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:05 am

It may depend on your package... I already have the 300 package, and today it reports 276 down and 85 up.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:09 am

ComputerGuy wrote:It may depend on your package... I already have the 300 package, and today it reports 276 down and 85 up.

The only reason I checked is that I went to http://www.ilox.mx/paquetes?lang=en and saw they had upgraded all the packages. If you're paying by credit card you should be getting 400mbps download.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by karjoeaz Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:12 am

I had signed up for the 30mbps I just checked my speed and I now have 60 download and 18 upload.

karjoeaz

Humor : Halariuos w/alohol

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:21 am

I have 100mbps and still only getting 30 or so via wifi.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:51 am

It would be helpful if people said where they are located as well as other limiting factors.
I'm in Riberas... windows 10 using Firefox browser. I've also included the difference for both Telmex and Ilox with Nordvpn. Everything is wireless BUT my iLox modem is sitting right next to my laptop. Telmex plan 599 and iLox the cheapest (I haven't had it a year yet). results in mbps
iLox with Nordvpn... 25.96 down and 28.42 up
iLox without Nordvpn... 36.80 down and 29.24 up

Telmex with Nordvpn... 17.18 down and 3.87 up
Telmex without Nordvpn... 18.91 down and 4.09 up

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:33 am

The iLox wireless is SO bad, I drop to 25 and 26 if I use it. And my PC is inches away from the iLox box. As most know, I am in Riberas near the Presbyterian church.

Connected via WiFi to my 3rd-party router using iLox, my speeds are 46 and 60. As you can see, there is a massive drop using iLox for WiFi... if your PC or laptop is right beside it, stick with ethernet. If you must use WiFi, a quality 3rd-party router is recommended for much better throughput speeds with iLox. My own 3rd-party router is a Netgear R6700.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:36 am

I have a TP-Link Wireless Access Point. My laptop is about 20 feet from the router and I get 90-95 down. Ethernet connected gives me 150-155 down.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:38 am

Yes, my speeds via the same Netgear VPN router are faster than the shitty Ilox box. The Netgear 5g connection is even faster but only my phone has the capability to connect to it.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:53 am

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, my speeds via the same Netgear VPN router are faster than the shitty Ilox box. The Netgear 5g connection is even faster but only my phone has the capability to connect to it.

Yeah, 5G makes a lot of difference. I just checked: 45Mbps down with 2.4Gh. 95Mbps down with 5Gh.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:05 am

ComputerGuy wrote:The iLox wireless is SO bad, I drop to 25 and 26 if I use it. And my PC is inches away from the iLox box. As most know, I am in Riberas near the Presbyterian church.

Connected via WiFi to my 3rd-party router using iLox, my speeds are 46 and 60. As you can see, there is a massive drop using iLox for WiFi... if your PC or laptop is right beside it, stick with ethernet. If you must use WiFi, a quality 3rd-party router is recommended for much better throughput speeds with iLox. My own 3rd-party router is a Netgear R6700.

My black fiberhome TV ILOX modem got hacked.  The new white fiberhome TV ILOX modem had much better WIFI so I unplugged my access point. Just one data point.  Don't know anymore other than what I said.

New faster service changed on its own a few weeks ago.  My 300 service became 350. Even the phone works better. No dropouts anymore.

Last edited by Zedinmexico on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:09 am

casi nada wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Yes, my speeds via the same Netgear VPN router are faster than the shitty Ilox box. The Netgear 5g connection is even faster but only my phone has the capability to connect to it.

Yeah, 5G makes a lot of difference.  I just checked:  45Mbps down with 2.4Gh.  95Mbps down with 5Gh.

Isn't 5G is cell phone service or do I not get something? You might confuse people. The 5000 band is much faster in crowded 2400 band areas.  I was able to get 150 down with 5000 and only 75 with 2400 similar to your results. Problem with 5000 band is it doesn't go thru walls well in my experience.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:02 am

Yes, the 5ghz signal doesn't travel as far through obstacles.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:33 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:The iLox wireless is SO bad, I drop to 25 and 26 if I use it. And my PC is inches away from the iLox box. As most know, I am in Riberas near the Presbyterian church. Connected via WiFi to my 3rd-party router using iLox, my speeds are 46 and 60. As you can see, there is a massive drop using iLox for WiFi... if your PC or laptop is right beside it, stick with ethernet. If you must use WiFi, a quality 3rd-party router is recommended for much better throughput speeds with iLox. My own 3rd-party router is a Netgear R6700.

My black fiberhome TV ILOX modem got hacked.  The new white fiberhome TV ILOX modem had much better WIFI so I unplugged my access point. Just one data point.  Don't know anymore other than what I said.

New faster service changed on its own a few weeks ago.  My 300 service became 350. Even the phone works better. No dropouts anymore.

My speed hasn't changed, and I still have my original white model of iLox box (March 2020). It would be great if they are now using hardware with "normal" WiFi. But since I spent money on a VPN router with powerful WiFi, I don't need to change the iLox box.

(For Bob and Sunfan: you may have gotten the notice yesterday from ExpressVPN about their new technology called LIGHTWAY, supposedly providing much VPN throughput. My own unscientific test shows no change in my speeds at all. Using the VPN cuts my speed from 275 to 20. I think it's time for me to contact them... that's just too much of a loss.)
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:41 am

mistake

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder