INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sinovac

+17
gatosigi
mattoleriver
mudgirl
Jreboll
Zedinmexico
CHILLIN
gringal
BisbeeGal
Lady Otter Latté
rafterbr
RoyD
sm1mex
ferret
ComputerGuy
artsnob
slainte39
sturdley
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

sinovac   - Page 2 Empty Re: sinovac

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:46 am

Sinovac has been purchased by another totalitarian regime, Duarte's Phillipines.  After hailing the arrival of Sinovac, 77 year old Duarte admitted that he will not take it.  The Phillipines version of the FDA did not approve it for either its Health Care workers nor for people aged 60 and older.  It will only be given to healthy individuals age 59 and younger who are not Health Care workers. Sinovac was deemed not effective enough to be used on Health Care workers or people 60 plus years of age.

BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:51 am

Personally, I'll probably take the sinovac shot IF it's the only thing available. However, I'm hoping that the clinic where I am on the old folks' waiting list gets something with a higher rating. Will be more than willing to pay.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:59 am

Agree Gringal. I'm going to take the first vaccine that's offered to me here. It's about "severity" if you get the virus. Do I have a preference? Of course I do. I also have a preference of outcome if I get it.
This is an interesting read (not that Canada is using Sinovac)... and remember that Mexico is a Catholic country.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/kenney-supports-vaccine-choice-albertans-230131037.html
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:12 am

Forgive me for intruding on subjects that I as an agnostic find silly but isn’t Catholics objecting to vaccines of these types similar to Jehovas Witness objecting to receiving blood products?

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:16 am

Yup. And you want to know my response to this belief of the Jehova's Witnesses?
"How dare you question the God that gave humans the intelligence to have discovered this remarkable method of saving lives".
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:22 am

Another Chinese vaccine CanSino has an interesting history. The "Can" part of name refers to its origin as a Canadian-Chinese partnership.

But Canada withdrew from the agreement in mid-2020 after the Chinese government would not allow samples to be shipped to Canadian researchers to conduct trials on it.

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:41 am

If you take a vaccine with such low efficacy like Sinovac, will you change any of your current day-to-day activities??
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:56 am

No I will not change my current protocol. It's just another added layer of security.
I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be a yearly vaccine for a while because of the mutations. Only time will tell.
For a viral pathogen to kill its victims is not very smart. imho.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:51 am

ferret wrote:No I will not change my current protocol. It's just another added layer of security.
I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be a yearly vaccine for a while because of the mutations. Only time will tell.
For a viral pathogen to kill its victims is not very smart. imho.

Gawd help us if viruses get "smart" !!!
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:45 pm

Slainte, what you say regarding China is true, but they are also known for not being upfront regarding toxic substances in their products, like lead in their pottery glazes.

Of course they are by no means the only ones. There are hundreds of unregulated chemicals used in everyday items in the US. For instance, Teflon is poisonous, yet unregulated, and millions of people are eating out of teflon-coated cookware.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

rafterbr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:20 pm

slainte39 wrote:China is not a backward country and has a tremendous infrastructure for everyone,  of their roads, high speed trains, bridges, dams, ports, as well as adequate food, clothing, and shelter for the populace.
They are into space technology and engineering, as well as, other scientific and educational advances but they are not a perfect society.... nowhere is.  The US and all other countries have some sort of defects, like poverty, racism, police misbehavior, poor infrastructure, lack of good affordable health care for everyone, and on and on.

Let he/she/the country without sin cast the first stone.

I agree all countries have sins but in the China governments case their cup runneth over. They are not the worse country in the world but certainly in the top ten. If you have not read how the government treats the Uyghur people you should read up on it.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:11 pm

I have read a lot and that is not handled well but doesn´t change my mind about the taking of the vaccine.  They are two entirely different situations, like apples and oranges.
I would take the US vaccines as well, regardless if Black men have been killed needlessly by police or that LYING Donald Trump was President.

Where does Trump and his government rank as well as the Chinese government when it comes to comparing "lying governments"?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret and Lady Otter Latté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:22 pm

I know some pretty smart, well educated Mexicans that drove from GDL on Friday to Mezcala to get their "Chinese" vaccinations.

If you don´t want it, don´t get it, nobody is going to force you, but quit "doomsdaying" people that are, with this "trust" business.
If you are waiting for a US vaccine, then I´ll make you feel better by saying that US big pharmaceuticals are 100% trust worthy.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:09 pm

I would rate Trump and the Chinese government on a par. I worked for the United States government for 28 years, I am a native American and served in Viet Nam so I am well aware how the the United States government lies. I would rate the U S A government about in the middle of all governments. To be truthful there just isn't to many governments you can truly trust. As for the pharmaceuticals, they have been gouging the public for a long time as they are now. As for the vaccines, many countries are doing analysis work on the USA and UK vaccines. So far results have been about the same with Pfizer appearing to be the best.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:22 pm

Seems like they can hardly give it away. China has some Public Relations work to do.
https://www.npr.org/2021/03/10/975769816/countries-face-a-variety-of-obstacles-in-getting-vaccines-in-their-citizens-arms
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:57 am

ferret wrote:Yup. And you want to know my response to this belief of the Jehova's Witnesses?
"How dare you question the God that gave humans the intelligence to have discovered this remarkable method of saving lives".
Who/what gave humans disease viruses?

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by nlu Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:17 am

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202103/1217754.shtml

nlu

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:46 am

gatosigi wrote:
ferret wrote:Yup. And you want to know my response to this belief of the Jehova's Witnesses?
Who/what gave humans disease viruses?

Same entity. For the most part, human intelligence is growing to combat them.
Who/what made human beings killers of their own kind?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:39 pm

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/tracking-covid-19-vaccines-around-the-world/

sinovac   - Page 2 Covid-19-sankey-4
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:31 pm

Quite the graphic, Plan B... so as to clarify for all the witches stirring the brew here:  as of Dec 11, 2020, Sinovac had SOLD only 293 million doses to the following countries: Indonesia, Brazil, Chile, Turkey & small amt to Kong Kong. No data identified for China. No data identified for Russia.  No listing of Sputnik.

No mention of Mexico buying Sinovac or Sputnik.  Shows Mexico purchased (contracted for) 147 M doses, mostly AstraZeneca & small amount of Pfizer. AstraZeneca delays in delivery has put Mexico in a bind. EU, a much bigger gorilla, furious w AZ, and threatened not to let AZ doses leave EU where manufactured. Mexico's share of AZ not coming soon. That's wy Amlo is asking Biden for his.

Sooooo. Amlo had to cut quick deals.. w China, Russia for what was available. Cost is an issue here guys -Pfizer (& Moderna) are $30 usd per vaccinated human.  AZ is half that. Haven't seen cost info on Sinovac or Sputnik, but would guess it is <$13 usd/vaccinated human.

Janssen is the J&J vaccine btw. Haven't seen vaccine cost for this one yet. But it will come out, as the free world is providing their data. The communist world is not: No trial III data, no dose #s, no side effect data, nada.  No cooperation with WHO/consortium trying to make vaccine available to poor countries. So lack of transparency is an issue.  

With the EU now halting the AstraZeneca vaccine distribution in 19 countries the last 24 hours, a game changer is afoot. European leaders still furious, unable to stop a disease which has been brutal.  Perhaps Mexico can now get the AZ supply it purchased. What about the issue of thrombosis?

So quarantine-while, Mexico will rely on Chinese & Russian vaccine, regardless of the efficacy. Its economic supply & demand. Mexico is a B-lister.  India will release more options by June (one nasally inhaled) so the pipeline is happening.  Maintaining social care & mask wearing is viable option.  Texas & Arizona will soon be flooded w J&J, so if one prefers a vaccine that has revealed its data, side effects, reviewed by FDA and is free to all (with minimum identification) -  could be as soon as 6 weeks away..

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by nolajoe Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:25 am

"The U.S. government has awarded contracts that total more than $10 billion. Pfizer agreed to provide 200 million vaccines for $19.50 per dose, or $3.9 billion. Johnson & Johnson signed on for 100 million doses at $10 each. Nearly a year ago, Johnson & Johnson also won $465 million in federal funding for vaccine R&D—bringing its U.S. funding total to almost $1.5 billion. Regeneron agreed recently to a deal that could bring the company as much as $2.6 billion, depending on how quickly it can produce its antibody cocktail."

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/pfizer-johnson-johnson-balk-at-shareholder-requests-for-vaccine-pricing-info

nolajoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2