INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New years eve celebrations.

+4
ferret
HarryB
CanuckBob
Skyman
8 posters

Go down

New years eve celebrations. Empty New years eve celebrations.

Post by Skyman Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:05 pm

We can't wait to be in Mexico. My wife and I are arriving New Years eve early evening. What's a great place to go to celebrate our arrival and bring in the New Year!! Beer

Skyman

Back to top Go down

New years eve celebrations. Empty Re: New years eve celebrations.

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:17 am

Many bars will be having events. Where are you staying?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:19 am

Manix is having a New Year Event 331 065 0725

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:44 am

I hope you're vaxxed and boostered.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Recuerda que es "Feliz Año Nuevo" en español. No es "Feliz Ano Nuevo." LOL
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyman Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:23 pm

We are in San Antonio around the corner from Super Lake. Maybe Adelitas? We were there the last 2 weeks of Oct. Has the covid situation changed since then?

Skyman

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:23 pm

You can see the daily stats in the medical section of this forum in the thread "More on the virus". We are holding our own right now locally but cases in Jalisco and Nationally are creeping up.
Adelita's is a great venue because it is not closed in and there is good movement of air. I was going to lunch there with a group on Tuesdays until I found out that three of the group of 10 were unvaxxed. I could have made sure that I sat no where near them but the attitude of one of them really turned me off. He said he ONLY took precautions when they were enforced. Buh-bye.
FYI, you must wear a mask to enter Adelita's and disinfect your hands. Once seated with your group at well distanced tables, you could remove your mask to dine. The waiters, however, ALL wore masks. Those conditions, imho, are okay.
I have no idea what the set up will be for New Year's there. In past New Year's celebrations, it's the crowded, party mingling and dancing that I recall before Covid.
Yours to discover. Stay safe.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilacion Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:00 am

Skyman wrote:We are in San Antonio around the corner from Super Lake. Maybe Adelitas?  We were there the last 2 weeks of Oct. Has the covid situation changed since then?  

Things Lakeside are unchanged in the restaurants. Wear your mask into the establishment, take it off after you arrive with food and drink. You should be fine. We're out often with friends and no issues. Most of the restaurants are well ventilated or with open patios.

I still don't understand how people track covid like their keeping score at a ballgame. I'm vaccinated so why do I care if my friends are not, I'm protected right?? At least that's what they told me when I got my jab.

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes, please!

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:13 am

You are not 100% protected from contracting the virus. You are protected from severe illness, hospitalization and death IF you are in great health and have a stellar immune system.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Canada_Mike and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:11 pm

Jubilacion wrote:
Skyman wrote:We are in San Antonio around the corner from Super Lake. Maybe Adelitas?  We were there the last 2 weeks of Oct. Has the covid situation changed since then?  

Things Lakeside are unchanged in the restaurants. Wear your mask into the establishment, take it off after you arrive with food and drink. You should be fine. We're out often with friends and no issues. Most of the restaurants are well ventilated or with open patios.

I still don't understand how people track covid like their keeping score at a ballgame. I'm vaccinated so why do I care if my friends are not, I'm protected right?? At least that's what they told me when I got my jab.  

I'm vaccinated and don't give covid nary a thought anymore. We frequent restaurants and bars all the time. I wear a mask when mandatory but otherwise nada. Going to an Xmas party at the Cocktail Bar tonight.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Jubilacion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:53 pm

Jubilacion wrote:I'm vaccinated so why do I care if my friends are not, I'm protected right?? At least that's what they told me when I got my jab.  

??? You are misinformed. You can still contract Covid and are vastly more likely to contract it from the unvaccinated and unmasked. You simply won't get as sick or require hospitalization as you very well might if unvaccinated.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:54 pm

The Omicron variant is highly contagious and vaxed people can catch it, depending on your genes. The good news is the variant is very mild and most people are not going into a hospital over it.

I read an article months ago that there was a possibility that Covid would mutate itself into a milder form. Maybe this is the direction they were talking about?

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down