INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing to new phone on Telcel plan

4 posters

Go down

Changing  to new phone on Telcel plan Empty Changing to new phone on Telcel plan

Post by sm1mex Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:27 am

With my current a telcel plan can I transfer it over to a new phone?? Has anyone retired their outdated phone and put a new phone on their current contract?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Changing  to new phone on Telcel plan Empty Re: Changing to new phone on Telcel plan

Post by CanuckBob Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:23 pm

The plan is attached to the SIM card not the phone. Once you put your old SIM card into the new phone then it should be good to go.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Changing  to new phone on Telcel plan Empty Re: Changing to new phone on Telcel plan

Post by sm1mex Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:18 pm

Oh cool. I have an unlocked phone and will get an unlocked phone.
So when I put my old SIM card into the new phone all of my info and contacts will be there?
Don’t I have to register the new phone with Relcel?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:23 pm

NO.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:49 pm

I guess with same SIM card the new phone will be registered as the old phone. I remember years ago Mx gov said everyone had to register their phone so we did.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:06 pm

Never heard of that. I'm on my 4th phone with the same sim card. Your contacts will only be on the sim if that is where you directed them to be saved on your old phone. Sometimes the contacts are saved to the phone itself.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

rckrckr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:37 pm

Thanks. I don’t know where they are saved to but will let the professional set up the new phone with everything from the old phone.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:38 pm

sm1mex wrote:I guess with same SIM card the new phone will be registered as the old phone. I remember years ago Mx gov said everyone had to register their phone so we did.

The Mexican govt? Don't know what you are talking about. A phone itself isn't registered anywhere. It's the phone number, as attached to the SIM card that gets registered, not the physical phone.

And the fact that you have an unlocked phone has nothing whatsoever to do with transferring your SIM card to the new phone. A locked phone means the phone is registered with a certain provider and may therefore not accept a SIM card from another provider. SIM cards are interchangeable between phones, locked or unlocked, if sticking with the same provider. It is the provider connection that is locked, not the ability to put in a different SIM card.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:45 pm

I have an unlocked phone and will buy an unlocked phone to put the old SIM card in.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:40 pm

sm1mex wrote:I have an unlocked phone and will buy an unlocked phone to put the old SIM card in.

I don't think you understood anything I tried to explain.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

DaveP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down