INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Rose - shockingly rude

+4
ferret
mudgirl
Carry Bean
Pogo
8 posters

Go down

Blue Rose - shockingly rude Empty Blue Rose - shockingly rude

Post by Pogo Thu 25 May 2023 - 15:30

My dinner date and I were seated on the terrace next to a table of six who were engaged in lively and LOUD conversation. We were going to move, but there were no other tables available. Upon their departure, they stood next to our table - virtually on top of us - and continued their loud conversation - even louder. When it got to the point where we could not hear each other, I looked up at the loudest lady and said, "Hey, would you mind taking your conversation . . . And that is as far as I got. She lashed out first at me and then my dinner date, loudly yelling, "Who do you think you are?! And as if that were not rudely surprising enough, the owner / hostess joined in to the verbal thrashing with, "You don't have to be so rude!!!" To say the least, i was flabbergasted and embarrassed. My date just stared at me with that, "Well what are you going to do?" look on her face. The best I could do was try to look unfazed and carry on waiting for the dessert we ordered.

I had previously thought Blue Rose was about as close as we got to fine dining in a casual atmosphere. The food and service has always been good to excellent in my previous visits. That is why I chose it to take my date to. I won't make that mistake again.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Blue Rose - shockingly rude Empty Re: Blue Rose - shockingly rude

Post by Carry Bean Thu 25 May 2023 - 17:38

That’s surprising (not about the rude other diners but about the hostess.) So sorry. It’s one of my favorites.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri 26 May 2023 - 2:04

What an unpleasant experience. The owner apparently thought you were being the unruly one, and had started it, but never should have taken sides, she should have diffused the situation. Very unprofessional behavior that lost her a good customer.

I was once out for dinner with my daughter, her boyfriend, my stepmom and my brother in a nice restaurant here in Sayulita. We sat down at a table, but we quickly moved to another table a little further away because the table of 2 couples behind us were talking so loud, as if they wanted the entire restaurant to be in on their conversation. Even at the table we moved to, their conversation was disturbing. At one point I got up to use the bathroom and as I passed their table, I leaned down and said calmly and quietly, "We moved tables because we couldn't hear our own conversation over yours, and we still can't. You're being incredibly loud." The guy was taken aback and "explained" that they were celebrating an anniversary, as if that was a perfectly valid excuse for disturbing other diners. I said that many people there that night, including us, were probably celebrating a special occasion, but didn't need the whole restaurant to hear our conversation, and walked away.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri 26 May 2023 - 9:17

And alcohol makes people louder. Sorry for your experience. May I suggest D'Shanti for your next date? It is located at the bottom of Rio Bravo on the west side in the formerly rustic Tabarka location. It has a beautiful ambience now and the service/decor/food remind me of the old #4 (without the dance music). #4 was always our go to place with out of town guests and for special occasions.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri 26 May 2023 - 15:40

Food and menu are good, but last I asked owner, she continues to allow smoking on her patio.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri 26 May 2023 - 17:26

Some restaurants have patrons way too close together with no sound barriers and horrible acoustics. Parties have to talk louder and louder to hear each other over the next table. This is one of them.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Dostortas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri 26 May 2023 - 19:50

I assume you're talking about Blue Rose BisbeeGal?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Fri 26 May 2023 - 19:53

About two months ago we ate at Food Container in Riberas. When we arrived there was one table with 8 adults and six or seven children. We sat down to order and the waiter told us we could only order Hamburgers as there was another large group coming! I said fine, I did not come to Mexico to eat hamburgers, we will go elsewhere. Another waiter than said oh we can serve you but it might take 15 or 20 minutes longer. I said this is acceptable, we are in no hurry. Another group never showed up while we were there and our meal was delivered at the usual time we would expect it. The food was not bad but the six or seven kids I mentioned. Food Container has a children's playground beside the dining area and the children played and screamed at the top of their voices all the time we were there. I don't enjoy loud noise while I am eating so Food Container will not be one of my favorite places to eat.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Sat 27 May 2023 - 11:56

We quit going to food container because of all the kids screaming and running around in restaurant outside playground, we complained, mgr said they are regulars and did nothing, we never went back...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat 27 May 2023 - 13:55

Why would anyone go to a restaurant that caters to children, and offers a children's playground, and then complain, if the sound of children playing was disturbing to them? This reeks of Karen-type entitlement and is nothing even slightly close to the situation the OP encountered.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Sat 27 May 2023 - 17:07

If the children play in the playground is fine , but the were runnung all over restaurant screaming an bumping tables and knocking glasses over, and the Mgr, said they are regulars so could not do anything, that was enough for us we got up paid for drinks and never went back

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat 27 May 2023 - 17:23

It's perfectly acceptable to choose not to go back to a restaurant because the management allows things that disturb you, like there being a smoking area, or allowing dogs, or letting children run around.

What isn't acceptable is complaining to the management about those things when they were obvious in the first place and no one forced you to sit down and order there.

If children running around acting like normal children disturbs you, and there was already a group seated there with a bunch of kids and an adjacent playground when you arrived, you had the option to turn around and leave before ordering.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Sun 28 May 2023 - 8:54

In the future we will leave when not acceptable to us...There are so many restaurants Lakeside that are acceptable for us so we have not shortage of places to go...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down