INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Guadalajara Reporter Problems

4 posters

Go down

Online Guadalajara  Reporter Problems  Empty Online Guadalajara Reporter Problems

Post by BisbeeGal Fri May 26, 2023 4:40 pm

Now that  we  are traveling more, I signed up for the online  edition,  rather than miss their  paper editions when  out of town.

That was 3 weeks ago and it's been a disaster.   I can rarely connect to the site at all, and when I do,  I cannot  ever load their Virtual edition.  

I am in US now with very high speed internet  and am not experiencing problems with  any other  sites.

I have sent the paper 2 emails, no response  fom them.

And YES I  am referring  to the real Guadalajara Reporter,  not the fakes.

Anyone else having trouble with this?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Online Guadalajara  Reporter Problems  Empty Re: Online Guadalajara Reporter Problems

Post by NoVaDamer Fri May 26, 2023 10:59 pm

I have been using the online subscription, and reading the virtual edition, for more than a year now. Just read it from the states two months ago, and I am reading it today from Italy, no problem.

Perhaps you are using a VPN that is interfering with it?
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Back to top Go down

Online Guadalajara  Reporter Problems  Empty Re: Online Guadalajara Reporter Problems

Post by BisbeeGal Sat May 27, 2023 7:27 pm

No VPN. I now get an error message, will try to cut and paste it.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat May 27, 2023 7:29 pm

This is the error message, 

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AllAccessDisabled</Code>
<Message>All access to this object has been disabled</Message>
<RequestId>FP2ZJHEXB1S0S7Z5</RequestId>
<HostId>YyUvUARWDL7XGF+r7t6oaKbRzcHQYRXKxduQzF5+aHq/GgORmcxOj9EIw0IxzhhHnDnYyjtWG7Q=</HostId>
</Error>
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat May 27, 2023 7:53 pm

This might be a dumb question, (as in, of course you have), but have you experimented with different browsers?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NoVaDamer Sun May 28, 2023 3:24 am

Good thought from Mudgirl. Just for the record, all my access has come via Chrome.

Another common fix is to clear your cookies either just for the GDL Reporter, or all of them. Realizing that if you clear all cookies, you'll have to sign in to all your websites once again. But clearing cookies often resets access problems.
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:22 pm

I actually stopped subscribing because the loading was always so slow. I'm talking a couple of years.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:38 pm

Cleared cookies, no improvement. Sent 4 messages to them, no response. When we return to Ajijic will go to their office.

TGR makes a lot of noise about LJ's rag stealing their business (rightfully so), yet they make no attempt to respond to their own customers' complaints.

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

DaveP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:30 am

UPDATE: Only after I filed a dispute with Paypal, TGR contacted me and said they had erroneously flagged my subscription as 'on hold.' They fixed it and now I can read the paper online.
While all's well that ends well, they were unresponsive until Paypal contacted them on my behalf.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

DaveP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down