INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danger of the drive from Nuevo Laredo to Lakeside

5 posters

Go down

Danger of the drive from Nuevo Laredo to Lakeside Empty Danger of the drive from Nuevo Laredo to Lakeside

Post by kipissippi Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Maybe I've missed something but it seems that even though there's more criminal activity Lakeside...the reporting of vehicles being hijacked and getting stopped by druggies has gone way down. So I guess the silver lining is..it may be a little more dangerous once you get there but the drive is safer.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Danger of the drive from Nuevo Laredo to Lakeside Empty Re: Danger of the drive from Nuevo Laredo to Lakeside

Post by martygraw Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:16 pm

I don't think it has gone down as much as the reporting of hijacking buses has gone unreported.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Danger of the drive from Nuevo Laredo to Lakeside Empty Re: Danger of the drive from Nuevo Laredo to Lakeside

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:43 pm

kipissippi wrote:Maybe I've missed something but it seems that even though there's more criminal activity Lakeside...the reporting of vehicles being hijacked and getting stopped by druggies has gone way down. So I guess the silver lining is..it may be a little more dangerous once you get there but the drive is safer.

Frankly, Kip, since you live within spitting distance of Memphis, one of the most dangerous urban areas in North America and would have to traverse such hell holes as New Orleans and Houston to come to Lakeside, if I were you and were driving, I´d thank God once I crossed into Mexico from that miserable country in which you make your home. Actually, forget urban hell holes. There you are in Northern Mississippi, where the major industries are trailer park meth labs and illegal moonshine stills, so maybe you should consider moving down here permanently just to protect your ass from your present neighbors. Maybe you coiuld swap your Mississippi trailer for Susan´s Lakeside pup tent and kerosene stove along with what´s left of the case of Vienna Sausage, toothpicks and Carlo Rossi she´s been living on for the past six months.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Marty:

You are absolutely correct. Actually, the number of incidents in the Monterrey, Saltillo, and San Luis Potosi areas have increased a great deal and are quite well covered on various Mexican media outlets. These incidents rarely catch the attention of the NOB press because they are out in the middle of nowhere and less sensational interest NOB.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Kip, I'd consider entering through Pharr if you are coming from Memphis. You can make it here with light to spare. We stay at the new Travelodge just 7 miles from the crossing and leave in time for adequate daylight. That is about 6:15 there. It is really easy to check in on the Mexico side and the Aduana just seems to be more easygoing. Considerably less in tolls too.

Trip reports about this crossing on the other board.

BorderlandBeat seems to cover things like the hijackings pretty well and there have been fewer reports there of late. Still a very big military presence in Tamps.

Just a suggestion.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down