INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidnapping Ajijic Malecon

+16
hound dog
prorader
little italy
Mad_Max
viajero
CanuckBob
Solovino
simpsca
brigitte
johninajijic
espíritu del lago
Jim W
CheenaGringo
Trailrunner
gringal
Southbound
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kidnapping Ajijic Malecon - Page 2 Empty Re: Kidnapping Ajijic Malecon

Post by Solovino Mon May 07, 2012 11:15 am

CanuckBob wrote:Solo, why are these young people, with no connection to crime or drugs, being kidnapped? They just disappear with no ransom demand? That sounds more like serial killing than kidnapping.

Stop for just a moment and think. Do you know if a ransom has been demanded or not? The families may not divulge that information so no one other than they really knows. In the case of my son's friend, it was strictly a case on intimidation.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon May 07, 2012 11:29 am

I would think that if you are going to kidnap someone, you would pick someone from a wealthy family so it would be worth your while. Yes/No?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Mon May 07, 2012 11:58 am

johninajijic wrote:I would think that if you are going to kidnap someone, you would pick someone from a wealthy family so it would be worth your while. Yes/No?
But not everyone thinks like you do.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon May 07, 2012 12:01 pm

johninajijic wrote:
viajero wrote:"johninajijic"

I'll check with the Mexican that I know. How long have you lived here?

[b]viajero quote - Long enough to know more than one mexican.

Do you know Southbound? I wasn't addressing your post, so butt out. How long have you lived here oh so knowledgeable one? And I do know several "reliable" Mexicans EXCLUDING unreliable gardeners and maids, so I can check with them too.
Your'e the one who wrote"I'll check with THE mexican that I know"as in the one mexican you know,singular,what makes you think gardeners and maids are unreliable sources of information at least they speak the language unlike you,eleven years here and you can't even speak the language,que verguenza.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon May 07, 2012 12:40 pm

viajero - As stated before, I get along fine without speaking Spanish. EVERYONE I do business with speaks English. In case you don't know, there is NO REQUIREMENT for any Gringo to speak Spanish in Mexico. In fact there are more Gringos, who don't speakk Spanish here. Should we require all Mexicans to speak English in the US? Maybe so, but many of them cannot even read. Many Mexicans here cannot read.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 07, 2012 12:44 pm

The first question is: was it on the Chapala malecon or the Ajijic malecon?
TOB indicates the first. Quite a bit of action on the subject over there if you look.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon May 07, 2012 1:11 pm

johninajijic wrote:viajero - As stated before, I get along fine without speaking Spanish. EVERYONE I do business with speaks English. In case you don't know, there is NO REQUIREMENT for any Gringo to speak Spanish in Mexico. In fact there are more Gringos, who don't speakk Spanish here. Should we require all Mexicans to speak English in the US? Maybe so, but many of them cannot even read. Many Mexicans here cannot read.
No John it's not a requirement for gringos in Mexico to learn spanish,just a damn good idea so as not to remain totally ignorant of the country and culture they've chosen to live in.BTW I think the literacy rate in Mexico is around 85 to 90%.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Southbound Mon May 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Gringal: it took place on the Ajijic malecon. If you go to lakeside crime, there is a facebook page link there with the exact information and also pictures of the young men.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Por-Una-Ribera-Sin-Violencia/100003817092921

The page has setup an anonymous hotline for Mexicans to report suspicious behaviour. People are scared and understandably so.

Southbound

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Mon May 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Someone who knew one of the young men told me today that Kidnappings of the young are not necessarily for ransom and there are those who recruit for selling of drugs, killings, kidnapping etc.
He also said the parents of the young man rented a house to a couple from Guadalajara who said they wanted a retreat for the weekends. Seems they found a hole in the rented house with bodies. The police are aware of this so he says.
He appeared to be very sad and worried as he has a family a couple of blocks from the young man. Igave him the hot line number and he said "why, no one is going to do anything"
I think this is so sad as he is correct, no one is doing anything. where the hell is the Army?? these people are suffering.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon May 07, 2012 4:55 pm

little italy - You are correct. Why isn't the Mayor of Chapala and Police Chief bringing in the Federales and the Army??? Or why isn't Calderone doing something, maybe because it's his last term?? They have meetings with expats here and it's the same old BS over and over again.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Maybe because there are other areas of Mexico that are far worse and require the attention even more?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon May 07, 2012 7:06 pm

I just called a friend who lives on that street and she told me that several time today the cops came in and busted door in houses looking for kidnapers, "narcos". They caught one but most of the time by the time the police arrives the suspected kidnappers are gone.
She also told me that her daughter´s dance teacher was kidnapped as well as an older man who lives in that area and another young boy.

She is talking to get out of here after school is over as she is afraid for her teenage son.

The people in the area are extremely upset and do not know what to do but they think that the police is in on it as no one is ever there when they come and bust the houses that have been rented to outsiders...

She told me more things that I do not even want to report about what is happening to the area.
The situation is pretty bad and they do need to bring the Feds or the Army, the local police and their families are too much at risk to do anything.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks Brigitte for your report, I'm hearing the same kind of stuff.

This was sent to me by a friend from another board:

Last night there were more killings in Ajijic.
There was a meeting in Chapala this mornng of some of the community leaders. It was decided to flood the Secrateria De La Defensa Nacional, the army, and plead with them to send help.
Children and young men are being kidnapped, killed and shootings are rampant. Grenades are being tossed. I spoke to one of the community leaders who said he is frightened for his children, his neighbors, his wife and himself.

Our local, state and federal police provide no security for Jocotopec-Chapala.
A request is going out to the Mexican community to make the call but the foreign community is also asked to make calls.

The phone number is 01 800 831 91 34
If you cannot speak Spanish ask someone who does to write out a sentance or two for you or if someone on the board wants to write some things it would be helpful.

This is a simple thing to do to hopefully stem what is an escalating situation.
We can try to help make a difference

Last edited by Trailrunner on Mon May 07, 2012 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 07, 2012 7:29 pm

As of noon today when I asked around the village, the family of the young man from SAT kidnapped from the Ajijic malecón (the son of Mario and Maria) had not heard a word and today is the 5th day.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Maybe because there are other areas of Mexico that are far worse and require the attention even more?
Like in Nuevo Laredo where they found 9 people hanging from an overpass and 14 heads in 14 coolers in the plaza the other day?This shit is definetly out of control.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue May 08, 2012 12:57 am

viajero wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Maybe because there are other areas of Mexico that are far worse and require the attention even more?
Like in Nuevo Laredo where they found 9 people hanging from an overpass and 14 heads in 14 coolers in the plaza the other day?This shit is definetly out of control.

viajero - And definitely (conveniently) you forgot to mention those were drug dealers/cartel members who interfered in anothers territory. It's part of the drug war for turf between 3 different cartels where they think the trade in billions of $$$ is worth it for them to fight for. And Nuevo Laredo is a border city like Juarez which cannot be compared to Lakeside.

Last edited by johninajijic on Tue May 08, 2012 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue May 08, 2012 12:59 am

No one has said whether or not the two boys that were kidnapped were involved with drugs or not.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 08, 2012 11:09 am

Ok. Since we're back to coffee makers, toaster ovens, and now even crock pots. . .

Is it safe to assume no news is good news? No more bad stuff happened last night?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue May 08, 2012 11:22 am

Trailrunner wrote:Ok. Since we're back to coffee makers, toaster ovens, and now even crock pots. . .

Is it safe to assume no news is good news? No more bad stuff happened last night?

Are we supposed to have more bad stuff happen every night so that the gringo community can jump on these forums? If you have a brain in your head, no news is good news. Why quote TOB which is usually full of guesswork and rumours? Gringos new slogan "the sky is falling", "the sky is falling". Did you get hit in the head by a piece of sky?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Just spoke to my neighbor who is close to the family. Still no contact from the kidnappers, no new news, everything is still the same. Can't even imagine what this must be like for the family.

The restaurant was partly open this morning and there were a few people eating there.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm

You don't get it yet, the border is moving South, the cartels are killing each other so no more man power, they kidnap these youg men take them up in the mountains, and brainwash them, but this stuff right now sounds like local drug control. The problem with the Army coming here is there idea is shoot first, If the person is still alive then they ask questions, I think it is called war
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Wicked

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Tue May 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Go down to the Octagon and read my last post, I have now had at the least 15 family, or friends of the 10 boys here looking at my computer. None of these people knew about the 3 dead boys found, and we don't know who but they know the 3 boys are there friends or relatives, very sad to look at there faces. What will come is the Army, more Federals, more road blocks, but these are the big boys they shot first, than ask questions later
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue May 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Really all of this is sad if true, me I will continue to live here, enjoy the life I came here to enjoy......I refuse to live in fear, when time is up, so be it......beyond that, life is great! Time for all to enjoy this country while being vigilant....me sick and tired of this type of thread....we can look on facebook....make our own decisions where we travel....and yes give me some heat, I don't have to read it...... Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Tue May 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Go catch another fish big boy, nice to meet You
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Will catch many more with my friends....Life is great
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue May 08, 2012 10:00 pm

So, a forum thread on a most serious issue - perhaps beyond the comprehension of many of you - degenerates into a frivolous discussion of Jim W´s fishing adventures which are of no consequence to anyone with even a modicum of intelligence. Completely disrespectful of the Lakeside Mexican community many members of which are in shock at the terror threatening their town. A disgusting display of arrogance and insensitivity by the extranjero guests living among them. .
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next