INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was gone for two days....

+12
David
RoofBob
ferret
Parker
Chapala Payaso
manymoonsago
Axixic
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
MaggieL
CanuckBob
jackak10
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I was gone for two days.... Empty I was gone for two days....

Post by jackak10 Wed May 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Then I come back and it took me an hour to go through the posts in just the "Crime" section. To think, a year ago we were seriously thinking about moving to Chapala from Manzanillo for the cooler summers. Not on your life! Or our lives, possibly, had we made the move. It's just not worth the chance. I've lived my entire life without being afraid of the city I live in, I'm not going to start now.

I know, big cities in the US and Canada are dangerous. Chapala and Ajijic are not big cities. Compare the crime and murder rates with any other city in the hemisphere of like size.

Maybe someday, but not now. I like my safe and clean town on the beach.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I was gone for two days.... Empty Re: I was gone for two days....

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 30, 2012 4:29 pm

Well enjoy the beach and hoist a cold cerveza from your amigos in Chapala Lago.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieL Wed May 30, 2012 9:32 pm

jackak10 wrote:Then I come back and it took me an hour to go through the posts in just the "Crime" section. To think, a year ago we were seriously thinking about moving to Chapala from Manzanillo for the cooler summers. Not on your life! Or our lives, possibly, had we made the move. It's just not worth the chance. I've lived my entire life without being afraid of the city I live in, I'm not going to start now.

I know, big cities in the US and Canada are dangerous. Chapala and Ajijic are not big cities. Compare the crime and murder rates with any other city in the hemisphere of like size.

Well, thanks for letting us know .. guess we can turn off the porch light now?

MaggieL

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 30, 2012 9:50 pm

jackak10 wrote:Then I come back and it took me an hour to go through the posts in just the "Crime" section. To think, a year ago we were seriously thinking about moving to Chapala from Manzanillo for the cooler summers. Not on your life! Or our lives, possibly, had we made the move. It's just not worth the chance. I've lived my entire life without being afraid of the city I live in, I'm not going to start now.

No one cares. We'll think of you in our perfect temperatures at Lakeside while you sweat your ass off in humidity for 7 months a year. Our bus drove into Manzanillo last year to go to Karmina Palace. What a slum Manzanillo is.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 8:25 am

johninajijic wrote:

No one cares. We'll think of you in our perfect temperatures at Lakeside while you sweat your ass off in humidity for 7 months a year. Our bus drove into Manzanillo last year to go to Karmina Palace. What a slum Manzanillo is.

And I will read your posts for grins, while I read about headless bodies showing up all around you. Not the place I want to spend my life.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 31, 2012 8:31 am

Well that's what the people living in this area used to say about other areas so be careful of karma.........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 31, 2012 8:41 am

Deleted as my comments were not relative to Manzanillo. Note to self: pay closer attention next time.

Last edited by CheenaGringo on Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Thu May 31, 2012 8:44 am

Supposedly he is in Manzanillo, not Mazatlan.

Just trying to pick a fight would be my guess...
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Thu May 31, 2012 9:37 am

The reality for most of us here at Lakeside is not that different from Jakak10's:
we too only read about the crimes here, just as we read about the body parts in Canada and the 5 people who died in the streets of Seattle yesterday. As for supposed safety of small towns -- that just tells us that Jakak10 didn't own a police scanner NOB.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 9:54 am

manymoonsago wrote:The reality for most of us here at Lakeside is not that different from Jakak10's:
we too only read about the crimes here, just as we read about the body parts in Canada and the 5 people who died in the streets of Seattle yesterday. As for supposed safety of small towns -- that just tells us that Jakak10 didn't own a police scanner NOB.

Didn't need a scanner. Population of Corpus Christi, Texas - 305215 in the 2010 census. Number of murders -- 16. How does that compare with Chapala/Ajijic area? There are plenty of crime-ridden parts of the states and Canada. We just don't live there.

I never really understood why some people sit and listen to a police scanner for hours at a time.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Payaso Thu May 31, 2012 10:25 am

If you are content where you are then stay there. If you are discontent here then leave. Both are personal decisions. Chapala is a great area to live in spite of the temporary violence. If I am killed, an unlikely scenario, I will have lived here in an environment conducive to a relaxed and pleasurable lifestyle. Would I move back to the US and try to find a safe haven in which I can die? Not a chance. Anyone changing their mind about coming because of this temporary situation here is not committed to the move anyhow. Better off staying where they are. Be discontent there instead of making us discontent with your presence and whining.

Chapala Payaso
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu May 31, 2012 10:40 am

One could look at it this way; I’m glad we came down and got settled before all the commotion otherwise we may have not had this adventure of coming to Mexico. Just a thought. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 10:47 am

Chapala Payaso wrote:If you are content where you are then stay there. If you are discontent here then leave. Both are personal decisions. Chapala is a great area to live in spite of the temporary violence. If I am killed, an unlikely scenario, I will have lived here in an environment conducive to a relaxed and pleasurable lifestyle. Would I move back to the US and try to find a safe haven in which I can die? Not a chance. Anyone changing their mind about coming because of this temporary situation here is not committed to the move anyhow. Better off staying where they are. Be discontent there instead of making us discontent with your presence and whining.

OK. Well, stay safe, keep your head down. And on your shoulders. For what it's worth, here's violent crime rates for cities in the US with 40,000-60,000 population as of 2010:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate_%2840,000_%E2%80%93_60,000%29

How's that compare?

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Thu May 31, 2012 10:53 am

Ditto to Parker and Chapala Payaso. And, who would want to live in Corpus Christi anyway?
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 11:40 am

Pretty much what I expected.

"Manzanillo is a slum"

"Who would want to live in Corpus Christi"

I've never lived anywhere that has so many people either talking about their fear of criminals AND the police, and the people on the other side saying none of that matters. And to further make their points clear, they resort to name-calling.

BTW, neither of those places I mentioned have had innocent citizens killed with chain saws.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 am

jackak10 wrote:Pretty much what I expected.

"Manzanillo is a slum"

I've never lived anywhere that has so many people either talking about their fear of criminals AND the police, and the people on the other side saying none of that matters. And to further make their points clear, they resort to name-calling.

BTW, neither of those places I mentioned have had innocent citizens killed with chain saws.

So, YOU live in so much fear that you could not move here. We at Lakeside do not. It is between the Mexicans and a cartels drug war vying for new territory. The cartels are not interested in Gringos. We are safe here and love the temperate climate here. You cannot say that about Manzanillo. It is hot and humid 7 months a year. No one likes humidity. That's why we get an influx of vacationers from the Southern states in June, July and August.

Do you think there are no druggies in Manzanillo? There are tons of them but it's kept underground. Just the same as all over the world, including the US and Canada.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 12:23 pm

johninajijic wrote:
jackak10 wrote:Pretty much what I expected.

"Manzanillo is a slum"

So, YOU live in so much fear that you could not move here. We at Lakeside do not. It is between the Mexicans and a cartels drug war vying for new territory. The cartels are not interested in Gringos. We are safe here and love the temperate climate here. You cannot say that about Manzanillo. It is hot and humid 7 months a year. No one likes humidity. That's why we get an influx of vacationers from the Southern states in June, July and August.

Do you think there are no druggies in Manzanillo? There are tons of them but it's kept underground. Just the same as all over the world, including the US and Canada.

I don't live in fear. That's because I don't live in a place where robbery by the police is commonplace and headless bodies keep showing up.

Between the Mexicans for now.

Manzanillo is hot and humid three months a year. All winter and spring we have low temps at night in the low 70's (F) and highs in the low 80's. For the last two months the daytime highs have been higher in Guadalajara (and I assume Chapala) than in Manzanillo.

Yes, the druggies are underground, where they belong.

And John, if I had a big expensive house I was trying to sell, I would praise the glories of the area too. BTW, why are you selling?

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if all druggies were underground...six feet under to be precise.
Manzanillo is the port where a lot of the drugs are probably coming in...but that's just speculation on my part.
I would rather have the heat of Guadalajara without the humidity because all ya gotta do is find some shade and it's comfortable. You must be used to the heat and humidity having lived in Corpus Christi...we lived in San Pancho, Nayarit for six years. The heat and humidity are unbearable from right now until the end of October. I'll take my chances in Ajijic rather than sweat it out on the coast.
Different strokes for different folks.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 1:09 pm

ferret wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if all druggies were underground...six feet under to be precise.
Manzanillo is the port where a lot of the drugs are probably coming in...but that's just speculation on my part.
I would rather have the heat of Guadalajara without the humidity because all ya gotta do is find some shade and it's comfortable. You must be used to the heat and humidity having lived in Corpus Christi...we lived in San Pancho, Nayarit for six years. The heat and humidity are unbearable from right now until the end of October. I'll take my chances in Ajijic rather than sweat it out on the coast.
Different strokes for different folks.
A breath of fresh air. A response to a post without questioning someone's intelligence or just plain belligerence. Thank you.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu May 31, 2012 1:17 pm

Well jackak10, not that I care to have any more norte Americanos moving here, but you might want to consider that a lot of what is in the crime section is rumor, speculation and just plain bullshit, like; Gun wielding narcos chasing a girl into Soriana's, schools closing, curfews, etc. but believe what you want.

And as far as lakeside being a dangerous place when it comes to narcos and drugs, lakeside will never hold a candle to Manzanillo, a major port city if ever there was one.

Well, it's 1:15 here and I think I'll go out for a walk on the malecon and enjoy the cool breeze and a Beer
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 1:24 pm

RoofBob wrote:

Well jackak10, not that I care to have any more norte Americanos moving here, but you might want to consider that a lot of what is in the crime section is rumor, speculation and just plain bullshit, like; Gun wielding narcos chasing a girl into Soriana's, schools closing, curfews, etc. but believe what you want.

And as far as lakeside being a dangerous place when it comes to narcos and drugs, lakeside will never hold a candle to Manzanillo, a major port city if ever there was one.

Well, it's 1:15 here and I think I'll go out for a walk on the malecon and enjoy the cool breeze and a Beer
I'll agree that the port of Manzanillo is probably a main import drop for drugs, mostly meth and the ingredients to make meth that come by the shipload (no typo there) from China. One of the chiefs of the port was imprisoned a year or so ago for allowing that to go on.

But rail-car loads of drugs coming through here on their way to somewhere else isn't what we are talking about. We are talking about grisly murders, and not just the rumors. Very seldom do we hear about violent crimes in Manzanillo. A gringo was robbed on the beach a few months ago -- well, wait. That was a rumor. But it could have happened, I'm sure.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 31, 2012 1:29 pm

We didn't hear much news about crime here until a citizens group was formed and developed a dialog with the local Capitan de Policia. The previous policy was to not talk about local crimes.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 1:33 pm

David wrote:We didn't hear much news about crime here until a citizens group was formed and developed a dialog with the local Capitan de Policia. The previous policy was to not talk about local crimes.
I was gone for two days.... Head-in-sand

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 31, 2012 1:46 pm

Jup, that was the previous strategy!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 pm

jakak quote - "Manzanillo is hot and humid three months a year. All winter and spring we have low temps at night in the low 70's (F) and highs in the low 80's. For the last two months the daytime highs have been higher in Guadalajara (and I assume Chapala) than in Manzanillo.?

You are FULL OF SH*T. I've been to PV in April. You cannot step otside of the A/C room and walk for 10 minutes without your shirt being dripping wet. And in the summer right into October it's worse. Your on the coast south of PV. ANYWHERE on the coast it's like that.

We were in Manzanillo on Thanksgiving week at Karmina Palace. Don't try to BS everyone because you have a house for sale. And we were at Los Angeles Loco in November last year and hot and humid again. We need NO A/C at Lakeside. You need it nearly 9 months a year. How's your electric bill or are you too cheap to run the A/C? I hear electric bills in PV run from $ 700 US to $ 1000 US a month.

Lakeside: 2 PM - 84 degrees - 46% Humidity Extremely comfortable!!!

Puerto Vallarta - 2 PM - 85 degrees - 69% Humidity Unbearable.

Manzanillo - 2 PM - 89 degrees - 82% Humidity !!!! OMG!!! Totally unbearable
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next