INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Pics and Ads - Active X Issues

5 posters

Go down

Missing Pics and Ads - Active X Issues Empty Missing Pics and Ads - Active X Issues

Post by brercottage385 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:48 pm

A question for the Computer literate (at the risk of being torn to shreds) I got a new computer yesterday and now when I access the Forum the pics and ads are simply little boxes with a red X and the title. I did right click and then click show picture but no luck. CB suggested clicking "allow Active X" box at bottom of the Inside Lakeside page - but I do not see such a box. Is there some setting I should change? Thanks brercottage385

brercottage385

Back to top Go down

Missing Pics and Ads - Active X Issues Empty Re: Missing Pics and Ads - Active X Issues

Post by Axixic Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Do a Windows Update to ensure your O/S is up to the latest specs and check to ensure you have an updated version of Java installed - Java

Last edited by Axixic on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix URL Link)
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Missing Pics and Ads - Active X Issues Empty Re: Missing Pics and Ads - Active X Issues

Post by brercottage385 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks Axixic - all is the latest and greatest (as of yesterday) - have just installed Java (thanks for the link). Still no sign og the pics and ads - only those pesky little boxes.

brercottage385

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:12 pm

This is a link directly to one of the ad pics ... see it? There's nothing really fancy in the ad coding so I was thinking Java as well. Try other browser, security settings?

Missing Pics and Ads - Active X Issues Hotelp10

Don't see anything about ActiveX either
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Hmmm - I was sure it would be a Java issue. Only other thing that springs to mind as a possibility is your Internet Options.

Try clicking on "Tools" in your Internet Explorer Menu Bar.
Scoll down the drop-down menu and select Internet Options.
On the Pop-up select the "Advanced" Tab.
Left click on the slider to scroll the window display down to Multimedia.
Check that "Show Pictures" has a check mark beside it.

If that doesn't solve it - I am afraid I am out of ideas.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brercottage385 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Dang Axixic - that was one place I had not checked - BUT when I got there the Show Pictures box was checked - so I will have to get my IT department to take a look at this. BTW safe travels and progress to Lakeside. I will also be coming down for two weeks in August (11-25) from No. Cal. Flying in this time.

brercottage385

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If I get a brainstorm I'll post it.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brercottage385 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Thanks - I will let you know once the NERDS have worked their magic - I am expecting someone this afternoon but if they do not get here before I leave it will not be til Tuesday that I will be back in the office.

brercottage385

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:55 am

brercottage385 wrote:A question for the Computer literate (at the risk of being torn to shreds) I got a new computer yesterday and now when I access the Forum the pics and ads are simply little boxes with a red X and the title. I did right click and then click show picture but no luck. CB suggested clicking "allow Active X" box at bottom of the Inside Lakeside page - but I do not see such a box. Is there some setting I should change? Thanks brercottage385

Did you find the allow Active X button yet? It could be your problem.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:06 am

Actually the box says "Allow scripts and activeX". I believe the pictures are a script.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brercottage385 Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:03 pm

OK - stumped the company IT team too. Then they came back today with the answer. Company policy uses strict blocks through mcafee - which blocks third party graphics - so I have to look at the pics at home only - or check them on the iPhone. Thanks for help you guys! And thanks CB for enforcing the forum policies - it will make reading the forum a much more enjoyable experience - especially for potential newbies to Lakeside

brercottage385

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks for the update - makes me feel better about my ability to diagnose - never would have guessed THAT.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down