INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Robbers Captured!

+7
ferret
slainte39
Trailrunner
brigitte
johninajijic
CheenaGringo
Ms.Thang
11 posters

Go down

Three Robbers Captured! Empty Three Robbers Captured!

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 am

I can't find a working link, i bought a paper from a hawker on the street.
Three men have been arrested in connection with armed home invasions and car thefts that happened In January 2012. One in Chapala Haciendas on jan 12 and another in Chapala Haciendas on Jan 19 (clle. Cordonices) and another on Clle. Brisas Norte in Las Brisas on Jan 03.

There is a picture of the three, hopefully they will be connected to the other robberies and give some more people some peace.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Three Robbers Captured! Empty Re: Three Robbers Captured!

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:58 am

http://callemexico.com/node/48890

no photo...sorry

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:59 am

Here is a Google translate of the article:
"Guadalajara, Jal., 1 Aug. (Sports). - A band dedicated to stealing private homes in Chapala was disintegrated by agents of the state attorney general's office pertaining to the area of ​​vehicle theft and the region of La Cienega. The corporation reported that police detainees are Martin Munguia Alejandro Romero "El Cholo", 22, Arturo Diaz Coronado "the cake" of 27, and José Juan Olivas Gamez "the Puchini", 30, resident in the three The Green Township Falls. Cases in which would be involved are the January 3, 2012, in Brisas de Chapala, where they seized electronics, jewelry and cash, as well as two small digital safes. Besides that of January 12, 2012, in a residential subdivision of Chapala Haciendas II, where the inhabitants amagaron (foreigners) with prop guns, and stole valuables and three vehicles. The amount was 600 thousand dollars in total. They are related to another robbery that occurred on January 19, 2012 in another housing subdivision II Chapala Haciendas, which also underwent a woman of foreign origin and took some valuables. Munguia Romero has a history of theft and was jailed for six years seven months; Olivas Gamez was in prison for selling marijuana one year eight months. The three men, who have secured a Volvo car red, 2004 model, with South Dakota plates, stolen Jan. 12 in a dorm, were consigned to Judge Chapala for the crime of robbery.

Este contenido ha sido publicado originalmente por SINEMBARGO.MX en la siguiente dirección: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.sinembargo.mx/01-08-2012/318102&usg=ALkJrhhOZXzgvddFXHst0AaJ2dBva_9MTA. Si está pensando en usarlo, debe considerar que está protegido por la Ley. Si lo cita, diga la fuente y haga un enlace hacia la nota original de donde usted ha tomado este contenido. SINEMBARGO.MX

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.sinembargo.mx/01-08-2012/318102&usg=ALkJrhhOZXzgvddFXHst0AaJ2dBva_9MTA

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:I can't find a working link, i bought a paper from a hawker on the street.
Three men have been arrested in connection with armed home invasions and car thefts that happened In January 2012. One in Chapala Haciendas on jan 12 and another in Chapala Haciendas on Jan 19 (clle. Cordonices) and another on Clle. Brisas Norte in Las Brisas on Jan 03.

There is a picture of the three, hopefully they will be connected to the other robberies and give some more people some peace.

Guess what, a lot of Mexicans won't buy that rag because it's so much inaccurate BS.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:30 pm

I know john and I am very ashamed of myself for buying it...Don't tell anyone, Okay?

La pagina....much more respectable, but no photo
http://www.paginaquesiselee.com.mx/index.php/contenido/noticias/11796-desintegran-banda-dedicada-al-robo-en-viviendas-en-chapala

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:54 pm

hopefully these guys will get convicted or they will be right back on the street, not that they will not be back out soon anyways..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:26 am

I missed where these thugs were from, were they local yokels?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 am

They gave Guadalajara and El salto adresses.

http://elinformantejalisco.com/caen-rateros-a-extranjeros-y-vecinos-de-chapala/

The above link has very good photos.

The last line of the article says that they could face more charges if more victims come forward. Chapala Haciendas alone has had many home invasions, not all were reported. I hope people come forward so that these guys don't walk.

Interesting, in the article it says that they used fake or toy guns...I don't recall any victims saying the guns were not real. What's up with that?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:11 am

Probably the perps wouldn't let the victims inspect their weapons closely.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:48 am

I would think that the perps would SAY that the guns they used were fake because using REAL guns would have a longer jail sentence. These guys seem to know that.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Many a bank has been robbed with realistic looking toy guns,I have one at home, thank God I haven't had to use it.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:10 pm

In the U.S. the crime can be charged as an armed robbery even if the gun is fake, I don't know what the law is here. But why would it matter what the perps say? if they say they didn't do it they don't print that. I wonder what the victims have to say about it.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:12 pm

I wonder if we could get the Chapala Haciendas FRAAC to send this out so more of the victims might come forward?
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Flamingo wrote:I wonder if we could get the Chapala Haciendas FRAAC to send this out so more of the victims might come forward?

I just sent our office the info..............has been sent out via email to all residents with photos!
Thanks for posting this important information,
Guiness

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:36 pm

According to the Guadalajara Reporter the robbers were caught because they advertised one of the cars they stole and the owner of the Coffee Tree saw the add and recognized the car. He called the owner who called his insurance company who the called the police.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Come on folks! This entire story has been debunked by John and it is not to be believed.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:52 pm

We should listen to John. He knows everything.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Just too, too funny...Snookey Heim is such a trip, she is the one that told one of the robbers that was about to fire up a cig that he absolutly could not smoke in her house. I'll be so happy to see that 80 year old spitfire back to spinning around town in her red convertable. Great ending to a horror story.

Friday, August 03 2012 10:26 Dale Hoyt Palfrey

The eagle-eyed owner of an Ajijic coffee shop has become a local hero after providing a tip leading to the arrest of three men linked to a series of home invasions perpetrated in the Chapala area last January.
Hugo Galindo, proprietor of Coffee and Bagels, was surfing the internet early last week in search of a good deal on purchasing a used car. He was astounded when the photo of a bright red Volvo convertible popped up on the screen, easily recognizable as one of three vehicles stolen from the Chapala Haciendas home of friends Bill and Snooky Heim on January 12. He passed on the information to the Heims, they immediately contacted their insurance company which in turn notified the authorities.
Detectives assigned to the state prosecutor’s auto theft unit promptly located the seller who fingered alleged members of a criminal gang based in El Salto. On Wednesday, August 1, agents nabbed Martin Alejandro Munguia Romero, 22, Arturo Coronado Diaz, 27, and Jose Juan Olivas Gamez, 30. By the end of the week the three suspects were behind bars at Chapala’s regional jail facing formal charges of aggravated robbery.
According to Gabriel Sanchez , supervisor of the Chapala Ministerio Publico district attorney’s office (MP), Munguia Romero has been positively identified as one of the bandits who robbed the Heims and six other people present at their home. The victims were tied up at gunpoint and forced to lie down on the floor while the armed gang ransacked the premises, making off with a booty of cash, jewelry, electronic gear and other valuables as well as a 1999 Dodge Neon a 2005 model Lexus, the 2004 Volvo convertible belonging to the Heims and their companions. Police recovered the first two vehicles within days after the crime was committed and subsequently returned them to their owners.
Sanchez told the Reporter that statements taken from the three suspects implicate them in the heist, as well as in similar home invasions and break-ins reported in Chapala Haciendas and Brisas de Chapala during the month of January. Arrest warrants have also been issued against two other individuals charged with acquisition of stolen goods related to these cases.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks for this. Well done, everyone!

Now if they would just keep these guys in jail this time, they've all done time and been released. Malitos!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down