INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to find a GOOD real estate agent here

+10
CheenaGringo
binky
simpsca
Jim W
David
CanuckBob
Carry Bean
slainte39
joec
Milena
14 posters

Go down

Need to find a GOOD real estate agent here Empty Need to find a GOOD real estate agent here

Post by Milena Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:47 pm

And I do mean good. Knowledgeable, hard-working and honest. Is that too much to ask? Must be fluently bilingual and know how to properly market a property. I have heard a few horror stories of lying crooks, I don't need the stress. With commission 4x what I would pay in British Columbia (2% there as opposed to 8% here with the tax on top) they had bloody well better be able to perform miracles.

Any recommendations from ye all?

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Need to find a GOOD real estate agent here Empty Re: Need to find a GOOD real estate agent here

Post by joec Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:01 am

Milena wrote:And I do mean good. Knowledgeable, hard-working and honest. Is that too much to ask? Must be fluently bilingual and know how to properly market a property. I have heard a few horror stories of lying crooks, I don't need the stress. With commission 4x what I would pay in British Columbia (2% there as opposed to 8% here with the tax on top) they had bloody well better be able to perform miracles.

Any recommendations from ye all?

I highly recommend Hernandez/International Realty located near the Walmart Plaza, owned by Manuel Hernandez. He has about 12 realtors working for him. My house is for sale with them, listed by Noe Lopez who is bi lingual with fluent English and a really nice person. You can sign a contract for ANY length of time you want as they will not force a 6 month contract on you.

They know the market well and will price your house accordingly. You will get excellent advertising in the Ojo del Lago, Lake Chapala Review, Point South and the Guadalajara Reporter. The Lake Chapala Review will cease to exist at the end of December as it's not profitable.

They put my ad in MLS within 3 days, sent out a photographer and videotaped the property where it's shown on MLS and accesslakechapala.com. They had a Realtors Open House from their office on the 2nd week and about 10 realtors came. They sold my Cousins house in our Community in 3 months and a friends very high priced (over 600 K) home in 6 weeks. Two Open House every month highly advertised.

Noe Lopez - noelovi@yahoo.com
Phone: (387) 761 0634
Cell: 045 331 047 9607

Hernandez/International Realty
Phone: (376) 766-2103
or 766-2139
Fax: 766-2104
hrealtygroup@prodigy.net.mx
www.hrealtygroupajijic.com

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Need to find a GOOD real estate agent here Empty Re: Need to find a GOOD real estate agent here

Post by slainte39 Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:36 am

JJ aka John/Joe, will they pay a referral fee for new clients?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:09 am

Derek Trevethan, Mexican but completely bilingual at Ajijic Real Estate. Totally honest & hard-working. I wouldn't use anyone else here.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:12 am

Allen Pool at Ajijic Real estate. You can click on his ad at the top or the footer link on the bottom for contact and background info.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:30 am

Miguel Roman.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:03 am

slainte39 wrote:JJ aka John/Joe, will they pay a referral fee for new clients?

Yes, but why do you ask. A client is only a client when they put their money on the table.

The problem with RE in Mexico is that they cannot screen the clients to see if they can afford the house. So many inconsiderate people, and there are plenty, waste a Realtors time AND money taking them to 400 K + houses when they cannot afford or have no intention of buying anything over say 300 K or 350 K.

Last edited by joec on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 am

Let me rephrase it for slainte39.........Does your agent give you a referral fee if you send a new client his way?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:12 am

Kevin Collins takes the referred buyers and my Deb & I to Number 4 for dinner after closing.....not a big deal, but at least a great THANK YOU.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:16 am

CanuckBob wrote:Let me rephrase it for slainte39.........Does your agent give you a referral fee if you send a new client his way?

Thanks for the clarification. I never asked, but I'm quite sure he would. I know others who would/have done it.

I'm sure it wouldn't be done until the client buys a piece of property because any Realtor can get as many listings as they seek out. I believe my guy has 25 listings. He's very aggresive at marketing and has 8 years experience in Ajijic.

One other thing people should know when hiring a Realtor for your property. NEVER use a part time Realtor. It doesn't work. We wasted 6 months with a part time Realtor from a "well known agency" who did a crappy job.
If you remember my ads on here, you'll know who they are. I believe there are a very small group of good Realtors out of the 125 in Ajijic and a much smaller group of agencies.

JimW - I would forget going to Number 4 after my last Birthday dinner disaster.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:44 am

I used Peter St. John of Coldwell Banker to sell my former house this year. It was in the modest price range and sold in two months. I've known Peter since he worked at another real estate company. He pays for advertising, brought the whole office sales staff out to see my house before he got the listing, and recommended listing in the Mural newspaper to reach Guadalajarans. That was in July this year and I know of several other houses he has sold since then. His office phone is 376 765-2877.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by binky Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:29 am

Milena, I sent you a PM
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 am

In the interest of accuracy, the term REALTOR is a trademark and can only be used by members of the National Association of REALTORS. Granted it is often used as a generic term.

Unless an agent is a member with current standing, then they are simply a real estate agent!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 am

Carry Bean wrote:Derek Trevethan, Mexican but completely bilingual at Ajijic Real Estate. Totally honest & hard-working. I wouldn't use anyone else here.

Second recommendation for Derek. He did a great job for us as well.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 am

Jim W wrote:Kevin Collins takes the referred buyers and my Deb & I to Number 4 for dinner after closing.....not a big deal, but at least a great THANK YOU.

Golly, good old Kevin has certainly gone highbrow these days. Back when he sold us our house, we went to a pizzeria, Tom's in Jocotepec. Hardly #4.

I agree with John, we have also had bad luck at #4.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:05 pm

E-raq wrote:
Jim W wrote:Kevin Collins takes the referred buyers and my Deb & I to Number 4 for dinner after closing.....not a big deal, but at least a great THANK YOU.

Golly, good old Kevin has certainly gone highbrow these days. Back when he sold us our house, we went to a pizzeria, Tom's in Jocotepec. Hardly #4.

You were lucky...I would have taken Tom, with all his acerbity, great salads, pizzas, and unique ambience any moment of the day, month, or year over no. 4. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry00 Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 pm

What ever happened to Tom.

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Jerry00 wrote:What ever happened to Tom.

Tom made such a great Pizza that 4 or 5 of us would drive to Joco for his Pizza. This was 8 or 9 years ago. Many of the Pizza maker wannabees in Ajijic could have learned something from him. I believe he fell to ill health and passed away.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 am

Tom passed away around five years ago from illness. His wife tried to run the restaurant but I don't think she does any longer and not sure who owns the property now.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 am

slainte39 wrote:
E-raq wrote:

You were lucky...I would have taken Tom, with all his acerbity, great salads, pizzas, and unique ambience any moment of the day, month, or year over no. 4. Very Happy

Quite right of course, I'm not fond of #4. Tom's on the other hand was way more fun, and damned good pizza too.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:04 am

E-raq wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
E-raq wrote:

Quite right of course, I'm not fond of #4. Tom's on the other hand was way more fun, and damned good pizza too.

I gave Kevin 2 leads in 2010, resulting in approx., $700,000 USD, in sales. At the time, # 4 had a pretty good reputation. I didn't ask for a referral fee, and think it was a nice gesture by Kevin.

Last edited by Jim W on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:08 am

Wow Jim, good for you and Kevin. Love his sense of humor, and I guess you know he's a very good golfer.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:28 am

E-raq wrote:Wow Jim, good for you and Kevin. Love his sense of humor, and I guess you know he's a very good golfer.

Thank You raq, Kevin and I have played a lot of golf together...we both have single digit handicaps...Golf that is.....He is tooooo funny, and very creative....LOL

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Also agree, Alllen Pool. And, as broker Jaime Niembro......
I got in a pinch with my house purchase several years ago and JAIME did the right thing in helping to work through a bad situation.

Last edited by Sherman on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled work ('spelling challenged'))

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down