INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here?

+18
Zedinmexico
Parker
Luisa
viajero
David
metiche
merry
Big Daddy Mexico
Grizzy
Smartalex
Mainecoons
E-raq
binky
Traveller
brigitte
MexicoPete
CanuckBob
joec
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here?

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 am

metiche wrote:horrendous traffic out on the carretera this week...and some real lame brain drivers behind the wheels of cars bearing South Dakota and Canadian plates. razberry razberry

Surely not the Canadians, it must be those South Dakota people, who BTW will probably not be able to renew those plates unless they are residents of the state. Talking about lame brains, they're the ones.

E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here?

Post by joec Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:58 am

E-raq wrote:
metiche wrote:horrendous traffic out on the carretera this week...and some real lame brain drivers behind the wheels of cars bearing South Dakota and Canadian plates. razberry razberry

Surely not the Canadians, it must be those South Dakota people, who BTW will probably not be able to renew those plates unless they are residents of the state. Talking about lame brains, they're the ones.

Why do you say that about South Dakota plates? How long are they good for when you first get them?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 am

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:

Why do you say that about South Dakota plates? How long are they good for when you first get them?

Mr. Google is your friend John. What did your last servant die of?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:52 pm

S. Dakota doesn't care where you live.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:56 pm

David wrote:S. Dakota doesn't care where you live.

I have heard rumors to the contrary. But who knows.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Yes one county in S. Dakota doesn't care where you live. I think it's called Clay County; I'm not sure. I understand though, Canadian plated cars can not be converted to S. D. plates. At least that is what has been posted on on TOB
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:29 pm

David wrote:S. Dakota doesn't care where you live.

You are correct, they're only interested in revenue.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:10 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Yes one county in S. Dakota doesn't care where you live. I think it's called Clay County; I'm not sure. I understand though, Canadian plated cars can not be converted to S. D. plates. At least that is what has been posted on on TOB

That's because Canada is a separate country. South Dakota was part of the United States the last time I looked.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Actually I admire these people; someone set their ego aside in favor of actually helping their community. IMO, I believe it’s because S. Dakota has no emission control standards, not needed. Yet someone also realized that by allowing other vehicles that make very little wear on their streets to be registered in there county was a source of much needed revenue. With all the government corruption going on helping the “fat cats” sometimes the ingenuity of the “Little guy” pleases me. Please keep in mind this is just my opinion.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:17 am

Once again, Parker has twisted logic like an effing pretzel. "Helping their community" is one thing...motor vehicle fraud is something else altogether. Where I come from (California) people pay hefty fines and sometimes wind up forfeiting their cars for fraudulently registering them out of state. Repeat offenders even get jail time. Perhaps this flagrant flaunting of the local Mexican rules on vehicle registration is one of the causes for the newly enacted, more expensive and more restrictive regulations for foreign residents.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 am

Smartalex wrote:Once again, Parker has twisted logic like an effing pretzel. "Helping their community" is one thing...motor vehicle fraud is something else altogether. Where I come from (California) people pay hefty fines and sometimes wind up forfeiting their cars for fraudulently registering them out of state. Repeat offenders even get jail time. Perhaps this flagrant flaunting of the local Mexican rules on vehicle registration is one of the causes for the newly enacted, more expensive and more restrictive regulations for foreign residents.

Once again I believe you are flaunting your ignorants. This is all legal.

Personally I believe that all vehicles that are in Mexico more than six months should be registered in Mexico. I believe that Mexico needs the revenue as much as S. Dakota but as long as Mexico has these difficult, hindering rules in place people will find other ways if available.

We would very much appreciate having a Mexican plated car but just can’t justify the cost of having one. (insurance etc.) I don’t believe anyone here wouldn’t love giving-up their “Mordida” trap to paying a reasonable yearly fee to have their car registered here.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:54 am

Yes, the S.Dakota registration is LEGAL. That's up to S. Dakota. CA rules are for CA only. We have one US car and one Mexican plated, both legal. PTW Parker, only permanent residents and citizens can register their cars in MX, and they can register in ANY state, it doesn't matter where they live, just like S. Dakota!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 am

Smartalex wrote:Once again, Parker has twisted logic like an effing pretzel. "Helping their community" is one thing...motor vehicle fraud is something else altogether. Where I come from (California) people pay hefty fines and sometimes wind up forfeiting their cars for fraudulently registering them out of state. Repeat offenders even get jail time. Perhaps this flagrant flaunting of the local Mexican rules on vehicle registration is one of the causes for the newly enacted, more expensive and more restrictive regulations for foreign residents.

And in California it has to do with money and they want there money.
South Dakota doesn't care, nothing illegal, different state,different laws.
Come on folks. South Dakota has the right to do what, regardless of
what happens in Califonia. Now if you are a Cali. with SD plates in
California that is a different matter. Other than that your statement
regarding fraud is completly wrong. No fraud involved it is legal in
SD to do what they do and legal for us to have these plates on our
cars.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:34 am

So ....am I the only person here who things it's slightly hilarious to see more South Dakota plates in Mexico than there are residents of Clay County, South Dakota?
lol!

BTW, the costs of owning a Mexican plated car are not onerous, especially if you don't insist on driving a huge honking gas hogging monster vehicle.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 am

gringal wrote:So ....am I the only person here who things it's slightly hilarious to see more South Dakota plates in Mexico than there are residents of Clay County, South Dakota?
lol!

BTW, the costs of owning a Mexican plated car are not onerous, especially if you don't insist on driving a huge honking gas hogging monster vehicle.

Damned right Gringal. Anyone who can pay for a whacking huge vehicle can afford to pay the fee and not be cheap about it.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:52 am

Actually, I believe there are more South Dakota plated vehicles at Lakeside than there are South Dakota plated vehicles in all of South Dakota. This may be Clay County´s chief source of revenue. Meanwhile, the Patriot Act will not allow me to open a U.S. bank account with a Mexican address. The next time some TSA goon grabs your crotch because he/she suspects you are a terrorist, just show them a photocopy of your South Dakota license plates. Phonies abound NOB.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Quoting parker: "Once again I believe you are flaunting your ignorants."

Just who is flaunting what?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Is an "ignorant" the same as an "alien?"
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:08 pm

If parker fails to answer here, it is probably since she has her soapbox set up as Griffin on TOB and Axixic on MexConnect.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:07 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:If parker fails to answer here, it is probably since she has her soapbox set up as Griffin on TOB and Axixic on MexConnect.

Apparently you can’t get a rise out of John so now you’re trying to bait me. Sometimes David and you are just sick little puppies. Rolling Eyes

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Ignorance and illiteracy are closely related.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:34 pm

How many ignorants does Parker have? I'm confused.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 pm

She was accusing Smartalex of flaunting his.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:00 pm

David wrote:She was accusing Smartalex of flaunting his.

Ohh I see, she's on my iggy list. So instead of casting stones at Smartalex she, who obviously lives in a glass house, managed to expose her very own ignorants.(sic).
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:13 pm

"How many ignorants does Parker have?"

I guess it all depends on your definition of of ignorants. According to the URBAN DICTIONARY, one definition:
"2. Ignorants
These are those people in the world who make you extermly mad by their vast stupidness
Bob said "Jerry how was Mexico", "Just a bunch of Ignorants down there" Jerry replied

If you are asking about how many forum names Parker has copyrighted - AmyLee, Griffin, Axixic, part of the BIGMOUTH group and probably a number of others?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:"How many ignorants does Parker have?"

I guess it all depends on your definition of of ignorants. According to the URBAN DICTIONARY, one definition:
"2. Ignorants
These are those people in the world who make you extermly mad by their vast stupidness
Bob said "Jerry how was Mexico", "Just a bunch of Ignorants down there" Jerry replied

If you are asking about how many forum names Parker has copyrighted - AmyLee, Griffin, Axixic, part of the BIGMOUTH group and probably a number of others?

Ohhhh noooo, say it ain't so. Axixic?????
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next