INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rye Bread

+8
Rosa Venus
Ms.Thang
Big Daddy Mexico
CheenaGringo
ComputerGuy
Mad_Max
gatosigi
ditzy55
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rye Bread Empty Rye Bread

Post by ditzy55 Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Hola!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Is there any where in Ajijic/Chapala where I can buy rye bread?

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Rye Bread Empty Re: Rye Bread

Post by gatosigi Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:48 am

Soriana in the cooler (where they have some cheeses) near the deli (at least sometimes). El Torito. But expect now-you-see-it, now-you-don't stocking.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:45 am

Walmart has carried it - bought it a few weeks ago - as you face the freezer in the bakery area, it was on the right shelf rear - top. But yesterday glanced in that area and saw something else - but wasn't pursuing rye bread so didn't look for it.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzy55 Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:43 pm

gatosigi wrote:Soriana in the cooler (where they have some cheeses) near the deli (at least sometimes). El Torito. But expect now-you-see-it, now-you-don't stocking.
Thanks, gatosigi! Will try those stores.

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzy55 Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Mad_Max wrote:Walmart has carried it - bought it a few weeks ago - as you face the freezer in the bakery area, it was on the right shelf rear - top. But yesterday glanced in that area and saw something else - but wasn't pursuing rye bread so didn't look for it.
Thanks, Mad Max. Maybe they'll have some next week.

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Ask for it at SuperLake, 39 pesos. Again, now you see it, now you don't. The company is NEW YORK BAGEL, and they have Pan Europa and Rye. BUT while they always have lots of Europa, the Rye is often out of stock.

I say ASK because the more requests Pancho gets, the faster he gets it. I've been looking for a week now.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzy55 Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:32 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Ask for it at SuperLake, 39 pesos. Again, now you see it, now you don't. The company is NEW YORK BAGEL, and they have Pan Europa and Rye. BUT while they always have lots of Europa, the Rye is often out of stock.

I say ASK because the more requests Pancho gets, the faster he gets it. I've been looking for a week now.
Thanks, Helper Guy. Am I looking for it in the frozen food section? What's up with Pancho? LOL

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:35 pm

I believe there is a brand in the frozen section, someone here mentioned it was 79 p for a 2lb. loaf or something. This brand I am speaking of, NY Bagel, you can also find in there, but usually it is out front by the fresh bread he bakes every day. On a shelf beside it, up top, yellow/clear cellophane bag.

And the more people who ask Pancho, the owner, the better.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzy55 Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:53 pm

I will check out SuperLake tomorrow! Thanks again, HelperGuy!

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Of course, they had none today at 1:30......................
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzy55 Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Well, I'll go over there to take a look and have words with Pancho if the rye isn't there LOL.

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:13 pm

If you are one of the people who is actually unafraid to drive into Guadalajara, I would give serious thought to shopping at:
https://www.insidelakeside.com/t5422-goiti-panaderia-pasteleria-deli-guadalajara
From what we saw, it appeared that their breads where baked fresh daily and I remember seeing a couple of different types of rye breads. In fact the day we were there, I saw our favorite: a swirl rye. Pop in the freezer and you won't have to be concerned for quite some time.

On top of the rye, we saw many imported products that we have never seen in Mexico.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Yep, Guadalajara is the place to be, but not when I want a loaf every week. It ain't worth the trek for me, in terms of gas, time, and traffic.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzy55 Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:14 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:If you are one of the people who is actually unafraid to drive into Guadalajara, I would give serious thought to shopping at:
https://www.insidelakeside.com/t5422-goiti-panaderia-pasteleria-deli-guadalajara
From what we saw, it appeared that their breads where baked fresh daily and I remember seeing a couple of different types of rye breads. In fact the day we were there, I saw our favorite: a swirl rye. Pop in the freezer and you won't have to be concerned for quite some time.

On top of the rye, we saw many imported products that we have never seen in Mexico.
Hey CheenaGringo! I was in Guadalajara today and survived the drive! Thanks for the link. I am always interested in yummy food.

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzy55 Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:17 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:If you are one of the people who is actually unafraid to drive into Guadalajara, I would give serious thought to shopping at:

Just looked at the link. That place looks great!

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:23 pm

ditzy55:

All I can say is that we were really impressed by Goiti but I will qualify by stating that we just travel to Mexico each year and won't claim to be up on all that is availble in the area these days. We purchased a number of pastries, small cakes and some cookies and decided all were quite good. They also had a nice selection of specialty cooking utensils and pots/pans.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzy55 Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:41 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:ditzy55:

All I can say is that we were really impressed by Goiti but I will qualify by stating that we just travel to Mexico each year and won't claim to be up on all that is availble in the area these days. We purchased a number of pastries, small cakes and some cookies and decided all were quite good. They also had a nice selection of specialty cooking utensils and pots/pans.
I'm looking forward to visiting Goiti. Looks like they'll have a much better selection than Wal-Mart of kitchen things.

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Okay, I will totally agree with CG.
Goiti stands out as one of the nicest in Guad.

However, I feel there are a lot of other ones that have stuff that Goiti doesn't.

You might want to check out La Cabana has two locations, La Casita is a few blocks from Goiti and is really nice. There is Bon Appetit, 2 Loli locations and Mercabastos is a great grocery store. It is locate on the corner of Mariano Otera and the Periferico.

Plus there are many more in Guad depending on where you are.

Good Luck,

Big Daddy
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzy55 Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:26 am

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:Okay, I will totally agree with CG.
Goiti stands out as one of the nicest in Guad.

However, I feel there are a lot of other ones that have stuff that Goiti doesn't.

You might want to check out La Cabana has two locations, La Casita is a few blocks from Goiti and is really nice. There is Bon Appetit, 2 Loli locations and Mercabastos is a great grocery store. It is locate on the corner of Mariano Otera and the Periferico.

Plus there are many more in Guad depending on where you are.

Good Luck,

Big Daddy
Wow! Lots of good places to check out. Thanks Big Daddy!

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Just got back from SL: Pancho said yesterday the bread would be there today, but it hasn't arrived yet.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzy55 Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:58 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Just got back from SL: Pancho said yesterday the bread would be there today, but it hasn't arrived yet.
Hi Helper Guy!

I was there this morning as well looking on all the shelves. Maybe Monday...

ditzy55

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:01 pm

There isn't any rye but I bought a round of sourdough fresh out of the oven at SL today and it is sooo good. It's really sour and has a nice crust ...yum.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:04 pm

Hey, as far as I know, they don't make sourdough. There is another baker that provides it, and it sucks. Big time.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:07 pm

This loaf was straight from someones oven...I just bought it less than an hour ago. it is still hot right now and it does not suck. It might suck a couple of days from now but it won't last that long!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:36 pm

It would be great if this is the case. I just bought some of their grain bread, the copycat stuff from Costco, from the oven. I didn't see any "rye".
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next