INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun blog on living cheaply in Hawaii - Trailrunner please comment!

+7
CheenaGringo
slainte39
viajero
hound dog
sparks
Trailrunner
coffeeguy
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fun blog on living cheaply in Hawaii - Trailrunner please comment! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fun blog on living cheaply in Hawaii - Trailrunner please comment!

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:37 am

"Yes, Heather! There are quite a few of us here. Some of us get together and cook Hawaiian food...."

Nothing compliments a can of Spam like macaroni and cheese.

As for Hawaii being the "...healthiest state in the union...." according to Neil, Dawg is from Alabama, one of the three unhealthiest and fattest states in the union and also one of the three states with the highest per capita incidents of gun related violence. I can´t believe I actually got out of there alive.

These bottom-tier states, mostly southern and (shudder) Texas, all seem to want to secede since Obama got re-elected. Maybe we should acccomodate them since they are mostly heavily subsidized economically by federal taxes redistributed from other states. I´m sure we could get France to sell this resulting new confederation of secessionist states Corsica as their first colony for a pittance. No returns of defective products considered.

hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Fun blog on living cheaply in Hawaii - Trailrunner please comment! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fun blog on living cheaply in Hawaii - Trailrunner please comment!

Post by hkrause Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:21 am

Trailrunner wrote:Yes, Heather! There are quite a few of us here. Some of us get together and cook Hawaiian food and play music. We have a band called Hui Hawaii and we played at the first annual (benefit for Cruz Roja) luau a few months ago. We play Hawaiian music and have a hula dancer. We just had kanakapila tonight!

Tell your brother he is more than welcome to join us. Does he play music?

Thanks! I know if he comes to visit, he'll be aiming more toward Mexican food than Hawaiian, but I'm interested to tell him about Hawaiians who have moved/retired here because of lower cost of living. He's watching our move here and thinking toward his own retirement. I think he plays music if there's a jukebox handy, especially if it's accompanied by alcohol. :p

I, on the other hand, would LOVE to find some kalua pork plate lunch and a slack key guitar player! We've only visited Hawaii a couple times so far, but they were the best vacations of our lives! We would have retired there in an instant, except affording to retire there would mean working two jobs each for the rest of our lives... which seemed a little self-defeating. Be sure to tell me when the next annual luau is. I'll be there!

Dang, now I need to dig out Iz and have another listen.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2