INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities

+5
Rosa Venus
CanuckBob
viajero
joec
CheenaGringo
9 posters

Go down

Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities Empty Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm

CONDË NAST TRAVELER named Guanajuato one of The World's Colorful Cities: http://www.cntraveler.com/daily-traveler/2013/01/colorful-cities-architecture-design-photos?mbid=nl_daily_traveler#slide=1

[img]Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities Item7_10[/img]

I have seen photos of Guanajuato with even more colors but at least they gave publicity to a city not located in one of the tourist resort areas from the coasts!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities Empty Re: Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities

Post by joec Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Absolutely feakin GORGEOUS!!!

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities Empty Re: Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities

Post by viajero Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Definitely no HOAs there telling you what color you can paint your house.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 pm

One of our favorite cities in Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm

That is an amazingly plain photograph. It's not easy to take a picture of Guanajuato that is that bad.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm

No question Rosa!

[img]Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities 29721510[/img]
[img]Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities 31693710[/img]
[img]Guanajuato Named One of the World's Colorful Cities 42180610[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm

CG - Are these recent pictures? Which one is the best representation of Guanajuato now?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Those photos were taken during our last trip to Guanajuato in 2010. You probably won't see much change because of the topography. The city is surrounded by hills and most of the new construction has been happening outside of the basin.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:43 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Those photos were taken during our last trip to Guanajuato in 2010. You probably won't see much change because of the topography. The city is surrounded by hills and most of the new construction has been happening outside of the basin.

Really, really nice photos. You should consider printing them and selling them.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:47 pm

CanuckBob wrote:One of our favorite cities in Mexico.
Mine, too!

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:55 pm

John:

Thank you for the compliment! Those photos were taken with an old lower resolution camera before I decided to get serious again about photography. OK for smaller prints but they lose it when blown up.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Here's my Facebook photo album of Guanajuato. Photos were taken during the Cervantino Fiesta a couple of years ago. I just reset the security setting to "open." Hopefully, this means anyone can view the album. Click on the photos for enlargement.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1250141219799.39263.1417531146&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.1250141219799.39263.1417531146&type=1
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Ms Mac wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:One of our favorite cities in Mexico.
Mine, too!

Mine too!

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:26 am

No diisrespect intended, Neil, but I much preferred Conde Nast´s photo of Guanajuata to your´s. These colorful cities with all those people stacked on top of one another and many with steep hills to negotiate with the groceries, are a bit chaustrophobic. I have this vision of Sofia Loren carrying her screaming baby on her back while she hangs out the laundry just outside of your back window which looks out at more colorful tenements and all sorts of laundry drying in the sun.

At one time we thought about moving to Guanajuato but most of the city sits in a canyon with very steep residential streets. Great place to visit and then get the hell out of there.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am

For those interested in seeing more I had posted a bunch of pics from one of our visits there, under these threads.

https://www.insidelakeside.com/t16-guanajuato-city

https://www.insidelakeside.com/t4031-the-mummies-of-guanajuato

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:08 am

Dawg:

You certainly didn't hurt my feelings with your comments! In fact, you point out the difference in tastes that make the world go around. From my personal standpoint, the original photo could actually have been taken in any number of cities in Mexico since it doesn't show the topography or any other feature that Guanajuato is famous for.

On the other hand, CanuckBob's photos provide a wider representation of what one can expect during a Guanajuato visit.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down