INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious bus accident outside of PV with people from lakeside on a Viaje Bus

+13
Rosa Venus
Trailrunner
Zedinmexico
gringal
espíritu del lago
CanuckBob
sparks
seisdedos
joyfull
ferret
brigitte
joec
shana
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Serious bus accident outside of PV with people from lakeside on a Viaje Bus - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious bus accident outside of PV with people from lakeside on a Viaje Bus

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:43 am

We damaged our car on a quota in Vera Cruz State, the accident was due to a piece of metal on the road and the damage was paid by CAPUFE. I doubt that they would pay for a break failure which has nothing to do with the maintenance of the road.

We did not "collect any monies", the agent from CAPUFE came gave us the choices of a couple of garages where to fix the car and paid the garage directly. They also had the car fixed before we got on our way. It took us many hours but everything was taken care of for us.

Last edited by brigitte on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Serious bus accident outside of PV with people from lakeside on a Viaje Bus - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious bus accident outside of PV with people from lakeside on a Viaje Bus

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:48 am

I can't tell where it happened either. The long stretch between Sayulita and Lo de Marco, or even Los Ayala, seems most likely as it's pretty hilly and curvy in parts. After that it's pretty much dead flat beyond La Penita until you begin the BIG climb out of Las Varas, which is too far to be "an hour north of Puerto Vallarta".
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:50 am

http://www.capufe.gob.mx/portal/site/wwwCapufe Thank you, Brigitte.. Anyone else?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:54 am

Not sure why people are asking if it was a cuota or not. What difference does it make? If the breaks give out it has nothing to do with the cuota . Some cuotas are very curvy and narrow, not all cuotas are great roads, go and drive the bit bwteen Las Choapas and Tuxtla Gutierrez , that road is for ever being fixed and is full of pot holes and it is a cuota.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:09 am

The reason I ask is because what is printed on the receipt I don't remember exactly what is printed, I do know when travelling I save all my cuota receipts in case I have a wreck. But you have to have all the receipts, don't know if medical is covered or what the limit is on damages, that is the reason for my questions. I think there is a certain time frame also.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:11 am

espíritu del lago wrote:New question:
When you have a wreck on the quota will medical and damages will be paid? SO..... Anyone know?????
Next question:
Has anyone here reading this question, been involved in a wreck on the quota?
Next: Did you collect any monies?

First, let me inform all of you who may not have traveled extensively on cuotas, that cuotas can be straight or curvy two lane roads through plains, mountainous or jungle environments. We haven´t driven to Puerto Vallarta in several years but just because a road is two lane or curvy does not tell us whether or not it´s a cuota. For instance, much of the roads from Guadalajara to Colima and the cuota from Tuxtla Gutierrez to the Chiapas Coast at Tonalá are two lane cuotas and there are many others we use in Southern Mexico. In fact, the major cuota from Veracruz State into the Chiapas state capital of Tuxtla Gutierrez from the Villahermosa turnoff is often two lanes and in also often in terrible condition with seriously dangerous potholes and some sections aren´t even paved.

As my wife just posted, we had an accident on the cuota from La Tinaja to Minatitlan in Veracruz State because of roadway debris and CAPUFE not only rescued us and helped us change a burst tire with utmost courtesy but fully paid for repairs to our car when we got back to Guadalajara. They would have arranged for local repairs where we were had the car been inoperable. Now, keep in mind that CAPUFE´s insurance will take good care of you and pay for your auto repairs and, no doubt, medical care for you if an incident is caused by roadway defects that are their responsibility including debris left in the roadway before their patrols can rectify the situation but I can pretty well assure you CAPUFE´s coverage does not include incidents involving your vehicle´s demonstrable mechanical problems such as brake failure. That´s your responsibility or that of your public or private conveyance. Certainly the travel agent in Ajijic should assure that buses they hire for road trip are fully insured for liablility. Perhaps it´s a good thing about which to inquire before you take one of their bus trips.

By the way, remember this. Always keep your toll road receipts from each and every toll booth until your journey is completed. Also, always wait for CAPUFE´s insurance adjuster to arrive of the scene of any incident for which you may have a claim. If you continue on down the road before the adjuster gets there, you are probably on your own.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:55 am

Rosa Venus wrote:I can't tell where it happened either. The long stretch between Sayulita and Lo de Marco, or even Los Ayala, seems most likely as it's pretty hilly and curvy in parts. After that it's pretty much dead flat beyond La Penita until you begin the BIG climb out of Las Varas, which is too far to be "an hour north of Puerto Vallarta".

Why talk about these other two towns that have no relation to going from/to Ajijic to PV?

If the bus was 1 hour out of PV or NV, he would have been into the depth of the jungle road which takes approx 2 1/2 hours from NV to Compostela.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:01 pm

ferret wrote:Here's hoping everyone gets home safe and sound. Kudos to the driver...there aren't many places to make any kind of stop on that highway, let alone a drastic emergency stop. It could have been so much worse.
True. I don't trust any bus in Mexico to be in good condition, but I am really impressed at the skill of Mexican bus drivers in general and their ability to cope with bad highways and crazy traffic and pedestrians.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:13 pm

John, you pass by Sayulita, San Pancho, Lo de Marcos, Rincon de Guayabitos and La Penita de Jaltemba on the journey from Ajijic to PV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:22 pm

hound dog wrote:We haven´t driven to Puerto Vallarta in several years but just because a road is two lane or curvy does not tell us whether or not it´s a cuota.

Hwy 200 north out of Vallarta is not cuota until you reach the turn just before Compostela, at which point it becomes cuota (a section of the highway that also happens to be managed by CAPUFE). This section leads you to Mex 15, where you can choose either the autopista (cuota) or the libre to get to Guadalajara etc.

"Why talk about these other two towns that have no relation to going from/to Ajijic to PV?" - joec

Uncle.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:29 pm

I just want to know if he's asleep on the bus, at the wheel or can't read a map either. Aunt.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafloresta Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:40 am

My husband and I were on the bus that crashed on Friday and thank God we are both alive and well. There seems to be a lot of misinformation about what happened so, I hope I can help with that. The tour was booked through Viajes Ajijic and the bus company they used was Arthur's. There was a meeting at Viajes yesterday for those involved and we learned that the one remaining injured passenger was being flown back to Ajijic today. All expenses were paid by the tour operators insurance company. The emergency response was fabulous and, apart from waiting awhile, we were all returned to Chapala/Ajijic by the tour company. The driver did a great job and I'm not sure we would all be here today if it were not for his quick reactions. He is now sitting in jail, such a shame.

Lafloresta

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:49 am

Great to hear you are ok and that the last person who was injured will be home. You guy were lucky!

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 am

Yes, it could have been so much worse. Bravo to the bus driver, hopefully his legal woes will be cleared up soon and he'll be released. Thank you for the update, we are all happy you and the others are now safe and sound.

What does remain tho, are questions regarding the mechanical condition and service records of the bus. Probably the insurance company and the owners of the bus company are dealing with that now.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:57 am

ferret wrote:I just want to know if he's asleep on the bus, at the wheel or can't read a map either. Aunt.
I posted an innocuous reply to your question,but it was deleted..... Rolling Eyes

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2