INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zolpidem (Ambien, Stilnox) is good for you!

+4
E-raq
CheenaGringo
Jim W
espíritu del lago
8 posters

Go down

Zolpidem (Ambien, Stilnox) is good for you! Empty Zolpidem (Ambien, Stilnox) is good for you!

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Sleeping pills could ac
tually IMPROVE your memory, claims controversial new research. (It gives you constipation, though)

But previous research has suggested that sleeping pills taken by more than a million Britons significantly increase the risk of dementia. Pensioners who used benzodiazepines – which include temazepam and diazepam – are 50 per cent more likely to succumb to the devastating illness, a Harvard University study found. [Irrelevant! Zolpidem is NOT a benzodiazepine]

They work by changing the way messages are transmitted to the brain, which induces a calming effect but scientists believe that at the same time they may be interfering with chemicals in the brain known as neurotransmitters, which may be causing dementia.

The new study tested normal sleepers, who were given varying doses of sleeping pills and placebos, allowing several days between doses to allow the drugs to leave their bodies.

Researchers monitored their sleep, measured sleepiness and mood after napping, and used several tests to evaluate their memory.

They found that zolpidem significantly increased the density of sleep spindles and improved verbal memory consolidation.

Dr Mednick said: ‘Zolpidem enhanced sleep spindles in healthy adults producing exceptional memory performance beyond that seen with sleep alone or sleep with the comparison drug.

‘The results set the stage for targeted treatment of memory impairments as well as the possibility of exceptional memory improvement above that of a normal sleep period.’

Dr Mednick also hopes to study the impact of zolpidem on older adults who experience poor memory because individuals with Alzheimer's, dementia and schizophrenia are known experience decreases in sleep spindles.

Dr Mednick, who began studying sleep in the early 2000s, says sleep is a very new field of research and its importance is generally not taught in medical schools.

‘We know very little about it,’ she said. ‘We do know that it affects behaviour, and we know that sleep is integral to a lot of disorders with memory problems.

‘We need to integrate sleep into medical diagnoses and treatment strategies. This research opens up a lot of possibilities
.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2292792/Sleeping-pills-actually-IMPROVE-memory-claims-controversial-new-research.html

Surte
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Zolpidem (Ambien, Stilnox) is good for you! Empty Re: Zolpidem (Ambien, Stilnox) is good for you!

Post by Jim W Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Ambien is bad stuff, for many people, my son used it, as prescribed, piled up his car......he only remembers going to bed.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Zolpidem (Ambien, Stilnox) is good for you! Empty Re: Zolpidem (Ambien, Stilnox) is good for you!

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 pm

You are so right Jim! The horror stories abound with this wonderful drug.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:31 am

Not convinced at all.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:48 pm

I watched my sister get up about two hours after taking an Ambien, make a sandwich and eat it . The following morning I asked her if she knew she had done it...she was shocked, had no memory of it at all.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:30 pm

My cardiologist took that stuff and ate a whole box of ice cream sandwiches. You would think as cold as they were she would have awakened.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:35 pm

I am not pleased with Ambien. Had trouble sleeping some time ago, got Ambien, cut one in half, took it and didn't wake up for twelve hours; felt like a zombie for the rest of the day. Didn't have any ice cream bars, and didn't take no mo Ambien, either. That stuff is probably dangerous, all right.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by plumlake Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Awful stuff..plus it only gives about 4 hours of sleep...than you are wide awake.
Lunesta much better but cannot be bought anywhere in Mexico.
I winder if acupuncture works for sleepless in Mexico?

plumlake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm

plumlake wrote:Awful stuff..plus it only gives about 4 hours of sleep...than you are wide awake.
Lunesta much better but cannot be bought anywhere in Mexico.
I winder if acupuncture works for sleepless in Mexico?

plumcake, tequila does work, however not a good solution, similar to ambien, only wake up with memory loss,
and wondering what you did/said on the keyboard, just sayin, and laughin at the past. Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Now there is stilnox CR...Prolonged release.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down