INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone downgraded a Telmex plan?

+10
Ezzie
Jim W
MexicoPete
ComputerGuy
Rolly
gringal
Ms.Thang
brigitte
Twonk
gringoman
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has anyone downgraded a Telmex plan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone downgraded a Telmex plan?

Post by MexicoPete Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Gosh with the above speeds I would drop to $599 and with Jim to the lowest speeds and see what I would get. I didn't realize those paying $999 & $599 were getting speeds that slow. So maybe, I should have posted check with someone like Mike (helperguy) before downgrading.

Sorry about being so wrong. :)

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has anyone downgraded a Telmex plan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone downgraded a Telmex plan?

Post by Jim W Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:52 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Gosh with the above speeds I would drop to $599 and with Jim to the lowest speeds and see what I would get. I didn't realize those paying $999 & $599 were getting speeds that slow. So maybe, I should have posted check with someone like Mike (helperguy) before downgrading.

Sorry about being so wrong. :)

On the upside Pete, I think I get 200 minutes per month long distance NOB from here.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseagirls Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:58 pm

No need to apologise, Pete (so long as you are'nt Carlos Slim in disguise!)

chelseagirls

Back to top Go down

Post by Explorador Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:47 pm

Jim W, if you call 01 800 123 2222 and ask for technical assistance in English they will help you get what you are paying for.

You have to be persistent though and keep calling back if it's not perfect as they want to solve problems and move on. They have a set script of procedures and tests so be prepared to spend an hour on each call. You have to follow along and help them help you.

Sometimes the problem is at your house, on your computer, or frequently at the switching station in your neighborhood.

Hint: They don't trust speedtest.net, but they do trust the itunes executable download in IE. Meaning, using IE, go to itunes.com and pretend to download the itunes executable. (Click "Run", as you have plenty of time to cancel before it actually starts up.) If you are not getting 200KB/s, they will help you (if you are persistent).

Explorador

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:25 pm

TelMex actually has their own speed test site, about which they cannot complain. However, Explorardor is correct: actually downloading a large file from somewhere is a much better indicator of your speed. Click here for the medidor de banda ancha: http://www.telmex.com/mx/asistencia_hogar/internet/medidor-banda-ancha.html
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2