INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shootings

+4
CanuckBob
MyHomeSweetHome
simpsca
kipissippi
8 posters

Go down

Shootings Empty Shootings

Post by kipissippi Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:54 pm

Did the problems just stop?  How is the police officer who was shot in the face doing?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Shootings Empty Re: Shootings

Post by simpsca Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:37 pm

I've seen lots of police activity on the carraterra all week.  Friday saw 6 police trucks with one black SUV pulled over.  All week lots of sirens, ambulances and police trucks streaming by.  This one from a friend who lives in El Chante sent on Friday  "So drive carefully out there. This morning, according to my gardener, there was
a shootout near the Pemex on the hill in El Chante. Police are swarming about.
But there have been a couple of shootouts on the carretera this week, so keep
your eyes open out there and do a u turn if things look odd."

I have not heard how the policeman who was shot is doing.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:26 pm

I mentioned some of the happenings this past week to friends today, some who live in El Limon...they knew nothing was happening and rarely do.  Had I not seen armed men driving down the carretera myself on Monday, I would have never known anything was going on...just to show, if you aren't involved, more than likely you won't know anything unless you get to a local forum...life goes on in "paradise." :)

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:57 am

Well darn it, nothing like being startled awake by 3-4 shots being fired close to your home and i sleep with ear plugs!  Sounds even woke little feet.  Try calling the police when you can't hardly think straight, then you can't fall back to sleep cause your heart's pounding so fast.  I suppose it was the sounds of leaving town.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:37 am

Just reviewed our security cameras and it does a heart good to know that within 10-15 min 2 police trucks came by after phoning it in.  Not sure that they know where the call was coming from, I just said the highway and which fracc.  It's amazing how living here almost 10 years can make one comfortable.  At least I can call for help in broken Spanish! Very Happy Nothing like getting frightened and not being able to communicate.  

After all the comments on the forums about shooting our trained dogs, I'll admit, my first thought after being startled awake by the sounds and flipping on the security camera screen was, "What in the world, are they fighting in front of our house?"  Then I thought about our dogs.   They were barking.   But one of the main jobs of the dogs is to give us warning if there's a problem, giving us time to call the police.  Even though we were in no danger of hoodlums leaving town, the system works.  If you ever come to visit, there's quite an entrance getting into our home.  The big dogs have to lay down and stay on command as they watch visitors enter while I get the pie tins to keep the little ones quiet.  It'd take some shooting to get in here if we weren't out there to calm them down, great deterrent, and certainly doesn't give a false sense of security.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:22 am

Wow.....sometimes it sounds like you live in Iraq. Nice neighborhood. We certainly don't get that kind of action where we live.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:41 am

hahaha

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:26 am

can someone else that lives there like jimw confirm this. i heard all the shooting on tv last night for example. it was a show full of action
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:44 am

He doesn't ever hear anything...troops were in front of his house last year and he didn't even know until he opened the gate to get out, and I never saw or heard a thing during that episode...he's not our neighbor, this fracc has 743 total houses and lots, winding around the hills, highly unlikely to hear everything but by all means, confirm he heard nothing. 

Interesting enough, I have a birds eye view of the carretera from 2 different angles, there are "deaf" spots half way between entrance 1 and 2 and after entrance 2, so it often sounds like a siren is coming, the sound ends, then reappears a few seconds after the sound "black hole."

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:13 am

so maybe i'll ask your next door neighbour gary. or bill h or.....
i think you have many figments-NO?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:33 am

MyHomeSweetHome wrote:  If you ever come to visit, there's quite an entrance getting into our home.  The big dogs have to lay down and stay on command as they watch visitors enter while I get the pie tins to keep the little ones quiet.  It'd take some shooting to get in here if we weren't out there to calm them down, great deterrent, and certainly doesn't give a false sense of security.
Sounds like a great system,I'll bet it keeps those tiresome door bell ringing evangelical types from bothering you as well.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:36 am

viajero wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:  If you ever come to visit, there's quite an entrance getting into our home.  The big dogs have to lay down and stay on command as they watch visitors enter while I get the pie tins to keep the little ones quiet.  It'd take some shooting to get in here if we weren't out there to calm them down, great deterrent, and certainly doesn't give a false sense of security.
Sounds like a great system,I'll bet it keeps those tiresome door bell ringing evangelical types from bothering you as well.
jajajajajajaja! this made me SNORK! so hard my nose started to bleed!!!!!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:47 am

Pedro wrote:
viajero wrote:
jajajajajajaja! this made me SNORK! so hard my nose started to bleed!!!!!

I'll give it a chortle.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:46 pm

viajero wrote:

Best one of the day.   lol!

But isn't saving souls as important as bodies

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:08 pm

slainte39 wrote:
viajero wrote:

Best one of the day.   lol!

But isn't saving souls as important as bodies
the only thing that would happen in a scenario like this is that the both of 'em would be thrusting pie plates at each other in the hopes of garnering more lucre, as true eviljellycoals expect.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down