INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing name of Mexico Expat Press to Lake Chapala Reporter....

+9
zenwoodle
CheenaGringo
Pedro
Flamingo
ComputerGuy
slainte39
sparks
Lady Otter Latté
mielicita
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Changing name of Mexico Expat Press to Lake Chapala Reporter.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Changing name of Mexico Expat Press to Lake Chapala Reporter....

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Mexico Insights left big shoes to fill. Renaming the publication "The Lake Chapala Reporter" indicates a narrowing of the focus. If that does not work, maybe another name change to "Mexico Expat Lake Chapala Insights Reporter Press"? Very Happy 

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Changing name of Mexico Expat Press to Lake Chapala Reporter.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Changing name of Mexico Expat Press to Lake Chapala Reporter....

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:36 pm

"Geez, now I'm bored." -- HelperGuy

Then my work here is finished. cheers 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Mexico Insights left big shoes to fill. Renaming the publication  "The Lake Chapala Reporter" indicates a narrowing of the focus. If that does not work, maybe another name change to "Mexico Expat Lake Chapala Insights Reporter Press"?  Very Happy 
just ta give it the mexican touch why not add:informadoorfavor and some where the word free
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Good point, Pedro! I hope the publisher is taking notes and appreciates all this great free advice we are offering up here.
Oh, one problem with the "Free" part. This online publication is not free. Ya gotta pay if ya want to read more than the first two sentences of anything. This is not enough of a sample for me to know if it is worth it. Well, maybe put the word "Free" on it anyway and then when people go to the site, say, "Just Kidding! Ya gotta pay if you wanna read."    
Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Good point, Pedro! I hope the publisher is taking notes and appreciates all this great free advice we are offering up here.
Oh, one problem with the "Free" part. This online publication is not free. Ya gotta pay if ya want to read more than the first two sentences of anything. This is not enough of a sample for me to know if it is worth it. Well, maybe put the word "Free" on it anyway and then when people go to the site, say, "Just Kidding! Ya gotta pay if you wanna read."    
Very Happy
Of the E-Zines, Judy King always had a free sample of one month, and some abreviated parts of articles; I am not certain of the Ajijic On Line one. But I do think she had some freebies. There was another started by some young fellow that charged, and didn't go far.

I still think there will be confusion; I really don't know if there will be any legal concerns. I am actually assuming that Lisa checked all of that out when she set up the business; and I don't know if what we went through with our corporation actually applies to on line publications, because they may actually be registered some place else than here.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Good point, Pedro! I hope the publisher is taking notes and appreciates all this great free advice we are offering up here.
Very Happy
excellent thought,[i was thinking free press though] and having an interest i antiquities i would like to see "telegraph" and "post" added.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:25 pm

It has to be "free", or else, everyone would have to start collecting the 16% IVA for a "lucrative operation".

...and we don't want that hassle, do we fellow posters??    Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:59 pm

Oh no, we do not, Slainte. That is why our astonishing amount of wit and wisdom is still offered free of charge here on Inside Lakeside. It is just another community service we all offer fellw posters, general readers, lurkers and trolls. Thumbs up 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"Geez, now I'm bored." -- HelperGuy

No, you didn't win. You just showed the rest of us you don't have the balls to stand up for yourself.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Again, I said nothing about "winning." I made what we call "a joke." You have created in your own mind some ridiculous competition in which you demand I "stand up for myself." Say what? You may be accustomed to people performing to your demands but I don´t play that. Game called due to lack of interest.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Changing name of Mexico Expat Press to Lake Chapala Reporter.... - Page 2 223506 Changing name of Mexico Expat Press to Lake Chapala Reporter.... - Page 2 531444 Changing name of Mexico Expat Press to Lake Chapala Reporter.... - Page 2 521823 Changing name of Mexico Expat Press to Lake Chapala Reporter.... - Page 2 860299

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Double-talk. I asked a simple question. You refuse to answer because you have no answer. Instead, ring-around-the-rosy bullshit, all the livelong day. Admit it.

Joke? What joke? Where?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:47 pm

HG:

Pretty quick to start a fight over something nonsensical while failing to address an issue that involves you:
https://www.insidelakeside.com/t9432-don-t-trust-computer-repair-clowns-lakeside

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:49 pm

I refuse to answer because I have no answer. I admit it. You got me, HelperGuy. You da man. Now you can go answer Cheena´s question. Thank you, Cheena. Sleep
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:52 pm

I can't read his posts. I blocked him long ago, along with a few other choice knobs.

Thanks for the kudos.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:55 pm

What was this topic about? Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:17 pm

The new name of an online publication and about 4 other things.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:58 pm

HelperGuy wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:"Geez, now I'm bored." -- HelperGuy

No, you didn't win. You just showed the rest of us you don't have the balls to stand up for yourself.

The only person with balls in this debate is Lady O, Maybe Helper Guy should have an operation....Really tacky post dude!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Another post I can't read, by a knob I blocked months ago...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Shit stirring                Now that is funny!  Let us know when you get your implant.  Are you such a Narcissist, that you are incapable of having a debate without insulting the poster?Changing name of Mexico Expat Press to Lake Chapala Reporter.... - Page 2 850219 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:28 am

HelperGuy wrote:I can't read his posts. I blocked him long ago, along with a few other choice knobs.

Thanks for the kudos.
You can block other posters? Great news! Looks like I have a project for this afternoon that will greatly increase my reading enjoyment.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:41 am

Yes, sambrit, you can block (called Foe here). But, just to clarify, it does not mean you CAN NOT read their posts, only that you may choose not to. If you "Foe" someone, in place of their post is a message saying this post is by a foe and asks you if you want to read it. You click "yes" and it appears. You can read it and then hide it again. It is effective for hiding from eyesight stuff you do not want to see. It is also handy for avoiding responding to posts you´d rather not by saying you "can´t" read it.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:56 am

The best revenge is to ignore the idiots you disagree with! I gave up a long time ago wasting my time sharing my  opinion. I still hang out on occasion and enjoy a good laugh at other idiotic people trying to change the other people's mind on 85% pure drivel! Surte
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm with you, del lago. Especially to avoid the ones that fire off sideways insults every chance they get... yeah, that one knows exactly who I mean.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:50 pm

The people that made this board interesting have abandoned it. There is nothing interesting to read any more. God forbid you hint at world events or something  that is not inline with the only people left spouting their opinion as the only true opinion. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:17 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:The people that made this board interesting have abandoned it. There is nothing interesting to read any more. God forbid you hint at world events or something  that is not inline with the only people left spouting their opinion as the only true opinion. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Yes, there seems to be considerable confusion between what constitutes reasoned debate versus, well, plain old snark.

I love a lively or even contentious discussion, but only when people critique facts and opinions, not each other.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next