INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Every Thing There is a Season

+15
David
goatrope
cane
benjji
CanuckBob
bimini6
Mainecoons
martygraw
Lehrer
bobnliz
locogringo
Carry Bean
Peter
gringal
hound dog
19 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 2 Empty Re: To Every Thing There is a Season

Post by benjji Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:11 am

Please stop attacking "hound dog" or he will teach you a lesson by leaving you to search for the "real life" by yourselves. This is one of the last forums he can post on. The only other ones left are the forums that discuss "French Military Victories in Mexico" , " bullying for pesos" and "how I terrorized bankers by being a bank examiner."

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 2 Empty Re: To Every Thing There is a Season

Post by hound dog Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:44 am

benjji wrote:Please stop attacking "hound dog" or he will teach you a lesson by leaving you to search for the "real life" by yourselves. This is one of the last forums he can post on. The only other ones left are the forums that discuss "French Military Victories in Mexico" , " bullying for pesos" and "how I terrorized bankers by being a bank examiner."

Thank you for that sterling endorsement, benji. Dawg is now posting on this (rather entertaining) forum and a forum known as Expat Forum which invites postings from expats living in many parts of the world including Mexico. Dawg has not been banned from Chapala.com but elected to discontinue participating therebouts of my own accord. The moderators there or at least that insufferable Duran fellow reminded me of my old American History high school teacher, Ms. Kierce, who was a diehard, unreconstructed racist teaching that all-white 11th grade class who declared that anyone who even mentioned the name "Abraham Lincoln" during that semester would surely fail the course. In other words, that fellow, as Ms. Kierce (now deader than a doornail just like Lincoln), is a sanctimonious bully and I don´t need that as I am already married.

As for French military victories in Mexico, Maximillian was an Austrian ruling under French sponsorship so when things got a bit hairy over in Puebla that day many years ago, the French left Max to fend for himself. He had disappointed the French anyway with that stance favoring the peasantry over royalty so they figured his regime was a lost cause. The French are pretty good at this. They turned Indochina over to the Americans when it got too hot for them there and let the Americans wallow about in that lost cause while they redeployed troops to Algeria which was also an unpleasant experience for them. By the way; Algeria was, before the war, not a colony of France but a full-fledged "department" or what was considered a fully integrated part of the French mainland.

I was, indeed, banned from Mexico Connect along with one of its moderators with whom I was engaging in a spat over the quality of Michoacan cuisine which I consider to be among the lowliest culinary achievements on the planet. I guess the webjefe became bored or offended by our continued confrontational banter. Just for the record, that was my third banning over there and I still remain their most prolific poster. Their loss.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:38 am

gringal wrote:I happen to live within throwing distance of the notorious Lake Chapala Society and I'm a heavy user of both the library and the video rental facility, so I see what's going on in general. It has a useful place in the community.

I have no idea what got the Dawg so pissed off at it. Maybe he'd like to tell us.

I have nothing against the LCS, Gringal. As for their library, when we bought our home in Ajijic back in 2001, we found we had bought a home from a line of previous owners one of whom was an elderly lady who was fond of reposing in the garden and reading crap fiction and she had died suddenly having been murdered by a foreign intruder in the house who stole her car which was later found abandoned but that´s another story and my purpose here is to relate the fact that, when we bought the house, we inherited just about the entire inventory of Agatha Christie mystery novels which can make for tiresome reading so we decided to donate the whole body of works to the LCS library and hauled those moth-eaten books over there with the intention of presenting this splendid Agatha Christie collection to the club´s library in a profoundly generous gesture meant to accomplish two things - the disposing of reams of crap cluttering our living room and the beneficient gifting to the old fart community of countless Agatha Christie potboilers to the community. Well, the LCS librarian was taken aback and informed us that if she never saw another Agatha Christie mystery for all of eternity it would be too soon. Those books now clutter a landfill somewhere within garbage truck distance of Ajijic.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:42 am

So don't go there again.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:12 am

hound dog wrote: I was, indeed, banned from Mexico Connect along with one of its moderators with whom I was engaging in a spat over the quality of Michoacán cuisine which I consider to be among the lowliest culinary achievements on the planet. I guess the webjefe became bored or offended by our continued confrontational banter. Just for the record, that was my third banning over there and I still remain their most prolific poster. Their loss.

Ah yes the spat between two new Mexicans about corn and tomatoes etc', was very illuminating.

I just hope it got you interested enough to investigate the produce, more throughly, Eh.

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:35 am

Dawg, maybe I am missing something, but what does the librarian's sane refusal to accept your priceless collection of Christie's potboilers have to do with anything at all?

My current gripe with the LCS library is the hare-brained method of putting new books, both fiction and non-fiction mixed together on a separate section of shelves, sorted only by date of acquisition. Furthermore, who wants to read the Biography of Margaret Thatcher, already? Whoever is on the acquisition committee has some unusual, to say the most, taste. However, they did acquire the "Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" series, which, if one has sufficient patience, is a good read somewhere past the middle of the books. And of course, if you also care about political scandals in the frozen Nordlands.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Lehrer wrote:Okay, I'm lost.....

WTF is going on????

Beer
lol!

Dawg is working on his Great American Novel, silly!

Beer
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Nope. Not a novel in the usual tradition. More of a Proustian memoir.

Actually, he's just going to cut and paste his posts on the various forums for the last years......Voila. Done. Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:47 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:55 pm

The Dawg is suffering from an addiction to the excessive use of adjectives. It is easy for the reader to become disoriented in the super rich adjectival environment of his writings.
It is surmised that he may be prepping for a run at the Guiness Book of World Records. Beer
We do, of course, wish him well. Those in the know believe he may have a shot at the record this time. lol! Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:06 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Rowll another one, just like the other one..... To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 2 169387 L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:37 pm

We ain't gonna tell ya now Mr. Lehrer. Instead we will watch it drive ya crazy...........jaja.

razberry
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:40 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Dead Horse It's been tried, To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 2 169387 'ave another puff, eh? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:04 am

Beer [/quote]
I mean: When Bob is posting and talking about editing Dawg's post -- and then Dawg posts as another entity commenting on Dawg's posts -- I get lost.

I'm a straight-line thinker and can't handle all this cloak-n-dagger, smoke-n-mirrors stuff!

lol! [/quote]

Actually, for the record, I only post under Hound Dog. Never other any other name. Just who is this scoundrel pretending to be me commenting on my own posts?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:25 am

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:35 pm

It was our fearless leader, I think when he tried to edit the post.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:02 pm

C-Bobby said he meant to push the "quote" key and missed. Hit "edit" instead. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:37 am

bobnliz wrote:C-Bobby said he meant to push the "quote" key and missed. Hit "edit" instead. Lizzy

Probably trying to fix the post when he did that. Seems Dawg cuts into part of the command language that creates the graphics and ends up with the remainder mixed into his text.
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by goatrope Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:08 am

Dawg originally started this thread with reference to LCS.

To any of you who in the past speculated that TOB and LCS under the new administration of Howard Feldstein are in cahoots...this should allay any further doubt.

It is known that, in the past, Todd, Ector, and Anne Heath used to put out the LCS directory.

Ector passed away, Tod's in the states, so that left Anne Heath as the only person with any knowledge of getting out the directory.

Last week she was fired by Feldstein and Vidal et al.

It is now learned that the LCS board has signed a 3 year contract with Ojo to manage and publish the LCS directory.

SURPRISE!!!! SURPRISE!!!

Collusion????? Nah!!

goatrope
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:24 am

Peter (Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:37 pm) wrote:
bobnliz wrote:C-Bobby said he meant to push the "quote" key and missed. Hit "edit" instead. Lizzy

Probably trying to fix the post when he did that. Seems Dawg cuts into part of the command language that creates the graphics and ends up with the remainder mixed into his text.

AUGHHH! Thanks, Peter ~ Now I'm really confused. He did what??!! Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:48 am

I'm not at volunteer at LCS and have no idea about the political/social situation or who is up to what or why. Most members obviously don't give a hang, either, since the New Constitution was passed by around 4% of the membership on Tuesday.
96% didn't show up to vote.

Re the Ojo: Before we get too deeply into conspiracy theories, let's get the facts, such as:

How much was it costing LCS to put out the directory? (Including paying anyone who has now been fired)

Is it true that a significant number of the advertisers didn't pay up? (Rumor, of course..I don't know)

How much is the Ojo charging LCS for the job?

Maybe they are getting a better $$$$ deal, but so far.......we don't know. If anyone our there does have the facts, please speak up.
bounce

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:08 am

Unless you have specific proof that Ojo is handing out the LCS email list, Goatrope, you are just engaging in your seemingly endless penchant for LCS bashing. Your side lost, get over it.

Since the Ojo is far and away the most professionally produced and printed periodical here, I'm not surprised that LCS would consider them for doing the directory. There have been many, many problems with both the production and collection of ad revenues in the past and the new administration is determined to clean up this mess too.

There is no reason for anyone to engage in conspiracies or pay for the LCS email list as it is published there for all to see and some to copy.

LCS is vastly better run and managed these days under Howard and the new board. Sometimes I think that is what rankles you losers the most--that your opponents were absolutely right and that changes were needed.

razberry
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by goatrope Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:52 am

Who the hell said anything about the Ojo "handing out the LCS email list". Who would give a shit if they did.

I see you haven't changed your stripes and still bubble over with enthusiasm for Howard, etal. I recall your blind fealty to Howiepoops and company during the last so called "election".

Curious though. It's been almost two years since the LCS trouble erupted, and to this date, no one has yet to see a viable financial statement.

Sorry to disappoint you, but a lot of folks have discovered that life goes on just as smoothly w/o LCS.

Say what you will, LCS membership is not what it was, and under the current administration, never will be.

By the bye...what prompted you to start posting over here? Thought you were extremely happy on TOB.

goatrope
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Well clearly bitching about LCS is something your life can't seem to do without or get over because now you're over here doing it after getting thrown off of TOB.

You were asleep or out of town when they reported the state of the finances? Much improved, sorry to bust your balloon on that as well.

And you have to be one of the sorest losers around.

LOL
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next