INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telephone Service NOB for expats splitting time

3 posters

Go down

Telephone Service NOB for expats splitting time Empty Telephone Service NOB for expats splitting time

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:31 pm

We have VOIP in Mexico, and Quest in Phoenix.  Just discovered that $45.00 includes unlimited long distance, but not to Mexico.  Quest is charging 50 cents per minute for calls to Mexico.  

We just signed up for Vonage, took our Quest Number with us, $9.99 per month plus taxes for the 1st 3 months then $26.99 plus taxes and fees, no deposit, one year contract!   We get unlimited local and long distance, PLUS 250 free minutes per month to MEXICO!  A real no brainer....saving $15.00 per month plus free Mexico calls!cheers 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Telephone Service NOB for expats splitting time Empty Re: Telephone Service NOB for expats splitting time

Post by joyfull Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Jim...when the 3 month intro price is up call them and tell them you want that price indefinitely or you will switch to another VoIP like magic Jack. After paying the higher price for a few years I called them and they switched us to the $9.99 permanently.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Telephone Service NOB for expats splitting time Empty Re: Telephone Service NOB for expats splitting time

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:31 pm

joyfull wrote:Jim...when the 3 month intro price is up call them and tell them you want that price indefinitely or you will switch to another VoIP like magic Jack. After paying the higher price for a few years I called them and they switched us to the $9.99 permanently.

Thank You joyfull for the tip and will do! The only reason I started this thread was Quest pissed me off, charging 50 cents per minute for calls to my home in Mexico, giving me 3 options, pay the $45 monthly plus 50 cents per minute, get a credit card offering cheap calls to Mexico, or sign up with a full service competitor!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Jim...didn't even need to go to a supervisor. They seemed happy to do it.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Perfect, Thanks again,

Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:54 am

And if you decide to switch to Magicjack later on, read the rules and charges they have for porting your existing number. You might want to go the cheaper mJ route at some pount amd might be safer/cheaper to get a new number. You can gring your Vonage down here to use when you are Lakeside, which is a great way to keep in touch NOB.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down