INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

+63
thomashellyer
Canada_Mike
SunshineyDay
Mexbaa
lunateak
Luisa
Nosnow
solajijic
sambrit10
Milena
DolceVita
bimini6
Lake Chapala Crime
Ezzie
little italy
Seventyseven
Mainecoons
gringal
ChickenLittle
kipissippi
zenwoodle
Chapalagringa
Guiness
MexicoPete
bman2
golfnut
JayBear
addtocart
hkrause
whatshername
Mad_Max
juanrey
joyfull
RoofBob
Pedro
itsme
jle
David
santaccl
Rosa Venus
viajero
blabbyabbey
hickton
Smartalex
Playaboy
slainte39
Traveller
Cheesehead
Lady Otter Latté
lotusflower
Trailrunner
TTT
Sideways
brigitte
Flamingo
CanuckBob
LaChula
arbon
Ms.Thang
Grizzy
espíritu del lago
saege007
Axixic
67 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 6 Empty Re: Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

Post by Mad_Max Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:24 am

Ms.Thang wrote:They have been flying around all morning. It might have something to do with the two Oxxo's that got robbed this morning or who knows what else.
two oxxos where? Chapala? Ajijic?

Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 6 Empty Re: Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:27 am

Chapala, the new one on Pepe Guizar and the one at the Pemex on the way out of town...that is the word on the street, don't have an official source

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 am

Thanks - I am at six corners - and they flew over about 5 minutes ago. Guess the police chief is probably gonna get grey hair!!
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:42 am

Yesterday a.m. I read a Mexican report that there was suspicion that the home invasion was done by a gang operating in the area.  I buy that a lot more than blaming the homeowner for complaining.
“Al parecer hay sospechas de una banda que opera en la zona”, agregó Robles.

http://m.unotv.com/mobile/estados/occidente/Asesinan-a-pareja-canadiense-durante-asalt-en-Ajijic-489683/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:50 am

carnaval is starting early? remember there is always a spike in crime at carnaval time.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:39 am

I am concerned whether or not they have the right people in custody. Get the feeling on high profile cases that arresting somebody is better than arresting nobody. How do we know for sure? We don't.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:51 am

Chapalagringa wrote:Yesterday a.m. I read a Mexican report that there was suspicion that the home invasion was done by a gang operating in the area.  I buy that a lot more than blaming the homeowner for complaining.

I don't think anyone is "blaming the homeowner for complaining" - to do so would imply that this result could have been predicted by the action and only a madman would think that. ("If I complain these men might rob and kill me." - You would have to be a psychopath.)

No, the result wasn't predictable but it may very well have contributed to the victim selection (seems very much that it did).

"We are out of work, we should rob someone."
"Okay. Who should we rob?"
"Well..."

And, of course, there is absolutely nothing to say that the "gang operating in the area" theory and the "victim selected because they complained" scenario are mutually exclusive - they can both be true at the same time if one or more of the suspects happens to be associated with the gang.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:00 pm

CTV news is reporting that police are "searching" for 2 suspects.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/mexican-officials-looking-for-two-suspects-on-the-lam-after-canadians-killed-1.1680926
The report seems to be recent (1:00 pm EST)  Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:01 pm

addtocart wrote:...Of course it does.  According to the US Census, the population of Kansas City in 2010 was 2,853,116.  And Ajijic is . . . ?  And if you are only going to count the retirees, the disparity in your comparison becomes even larger.

Sigh. I wasn't trying to start a war of statistics, just point out that people from "back home" (wherever that is for people) might be fearful upon hearing a story such as this, considering all the other negative media about violence in Mexico. Yet, the violence we have here - especially against expats - is very minor compared to the more familiar headlines people live with every day coming from their own nearby neighborhoods. This isn't something new, just a reminder (to myself, at least) that an event such as this wouldn't get as much attention most places in the US.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Culture is a funny thing when animals are involved.  There still are places NOB that treat working animals differently than pets. I have seen many animal do gooders get in over their heads which often leads to abuse unintentionally. Where I live my neighbors wife was attacked by a pack of dogs. Til this day if a dog that is unknown to the neighbors is roaming and not picked up. The dog or pack of dogs are shot.

1. Protection of livestock
2. Protection of children and the elderly

Thank God our animal control tries to stay on top of the strays!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by TTT Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:07 pm

zenwoodle wrote:CTV news is reporting that police are "searching" for 2 suspects.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/mexican-officials-looking-for-two-suspects-on-the-lam-after-canadians-killed-1.1680926
The report seems to be recent (1:00 pm EST)  Beer

Read the article, the state attorney general has scheduled a community meeting with residents of Ajijic. When is this scheduled?

TTT

Back to top Go down

Post by TTT Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:10 pm

This explains the constant helicopter flights over Chula Vista, Zenwoodle.

TTT

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 pm

That's really scary when there is a mentality running around that feels the right response to a complaint is to kill everyone.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:25 pm

I've yet to see a local press report that there have been arrests in the case.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Somewhere earlier in this thread someone (or two) mentioned other recent robberies/break-ins in La Floresta.

But at Lakeside Crime, just one break-in listed this for this year. Crimes should be reported there, even if the victims do not want to bother with Ministerio (again, they should go to Ministerio but often won't due to hassle, small loss).

Just as another poster said that the Chapala Policia reads this forum, they read Lake Chapala Crime website, too.

PS: I have no relationship to that website, simply think it's a site that can alert people to what's going on.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Sideways wrote:Somewhere earlier in this thread someone (or two) mentioned other recent robberies/break-ins in La Floresta.  

But at Lakeside Crime, just one break-in listed this for this year.  Crimes should be reported there, even if the victims do not want to bother with Ministerio (again, they should go to Ministerio but often won't due to hassle, small loss).  

Just as another poster said that the Chapala Policia reads this forum, they read Lake Chapala Crime website, too.  

PS: I have no relationship to that website, simply think it's a site that can alert people to what's going on.  
Unless I mis-remember, the people at Lakeside Crime said they would not post unless an official report to police had been made.  To keep the reporting of rumors to a minimum.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Could be that the guy with the hand injury gave up the other two and the cops are now searching for those 2.  Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:58 pm

They are still patrolling furiously in Chapala...especially up and down the hill Barrio Lourdes and thereabouts...only now they are dressed in full combat gear.
I don't think they have caught those murderers yet. They would have issued a statment by now.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickenLittle Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:00 pm

I was in Chapala this morning. Police everywhere responding to the robberies.
ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Axixic wrote:

I don't think anyone is "blaming the homeowner for complaining" - to do so would imply that this result could have been predicted by the action and only a madman would think that. ("If I complain these men might rob and kill me." - You would have to be a psychopath.)

No, the result wasn't predictable but it may very well have contributed to the victim selection (seems very much that it did).

"Well..."
Sick but very plausible and maybe a cautionary tale.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:02 pm

viajero wrote:
Axixic wrote:

"Well..."
Sick but very plausible and maybe a cautionary tale.

Agreed about the plausibility.  Possible scenario: the guys' activities caused the neighbors to complain, followed by the guys getting fired and losing their livelihoods. Guys then go get drunk together and escalate feelings of hostility, and when they finally got into the home invasion frame of mind,  the angry emotions got entirely out of hand and murder happened.  Premeditated?  Maybe; maybe not.

Since there are no witnesses and the perpetrators are unlikely to tell the truth, we may never know.  

What we need to remember is that this is an unusual and rare incident, and not cause to get into panic mode.

The NOB press is, as usual, having a field day scaring people away from moving to, or even visiting, Mexico.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:A whole thread about the murders just disappeared from c.com. But I  don't think any of us will be sending David Tingen a P.M. About that cuz we don't give a shit.

I guess that explains why some of you are constantly bringing up TOB and its flaws.

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 6 87465

BTW, Lakeside crime is now casting doubts on whether they have all the perps.

Rumor has it -from TOB 2/11/2014-they have all three suspects in custody. One had gotten a stab wound in his hand and went to Cruz Rojo, the doctor called police and he gave up the other two. It was allegedly done in response to her complaint about animal abuse and noise which had resulted in them getting fired. Comment - maybe not true -as another report at 1 pm says they are searching for 2 suspects

Last edited by Mainecoons on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:05 pm

It certainly wouldn't be the first case of someone(s) getting fired from their job and seeking revenge with violence. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out. Hopefully the NOB media will also follow this story to the end.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:05 pm

regarding arrests being publicized....do any of us remember anything being publicized when 1-2 were arrested for last year's kidnap & murders of the 2 Chapala teachers?  I think not yet heard about it through family friends.  It was kind of covered over by the 6 Chapala police arrests.   Expect to not get all the information.  

I didn't mean they were blaming the owner...but it gave the impression she was targeted for expressing concern.   Construction workers can act respectable.  But losing your job and murder as vengeance isn't an eye for an eye.  Try and extort them for some money but I can't wrap my head around murdering them over it.  Steal their garden hose every 2 months until you feel compensated.  This is way bigger than getting mad about loud music and kicking a dog.  Something is wrong with that story.

Seems interesting to me that if this were a case of vengeance, then why the need for so much state security? Find the ex employee and you're done...it only makes sense that it's a gang of some sort...imo.   Then again, can you imagine what type of company would hire gang members and murderers to do construction?  Obviously, no background checks needed.   If it is true, no wonder she didn't like them being around.  There's nothing saying both stories couldn't be true but everyone is speculating...I read in el informador that the La Floresta security guards were being questioned for not doing their job.  We know a family member of one them...feel sorry for the guy and how are they expected to respond to a "silent" crime?  Unless they're expected to make rounds with spot lights all night.  If La Floresta has security guards, where's their security cameras?  

How about the other unsolved deadly home invasions over the past 2 years?  The Chapala Haciendas Motel and the expat and assistant near Mirasol?  Why weren't the state police brought in then?  Do we have a better administration in the office?  I'd like to think so...I do like the state police being here.  We've lived through so much of this stuff, I'm glad I'm not afraid anymore.   When it's my time to go, I know where I'm going.

and where's their cars? What did they drive? Could they have been followed home from the airport that night? I've wondered that.

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
Ms.Thang wrote:A whole thread about the murders just disappeared from c.com. But I  don't think any of us will be sending David Tingen a P.M. About that cuz we don't give a shit.

TOB and its flaws.

..........And also why you would be posting here about it and not on TOB I suppose.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:38 pm

I know Nina was passionate about animals and absolutely fierce when she felt they were being abused or mistreated. That was one of the things about her that I greatly admired. That part of the story at least rings true.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next