INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

+63
thomashellyer
Canada_Mike
SunshineyDay
Mexbaa
lunateak
Luisa
Nosnow
solajijic
sambrit10
Milena
DolceVita
bimini6
Lake Chapala Crime
Ezzie
little italy
Seventyseven
Mainecoons
gringal
ChickenLittle
kipissippi
zenwoodle
Chapalagringa
Guiness
MexicoPete
bman2
golfnut
JayBear
addtocart
hkrause
whatshername
Mad_Max
juanrey
joyfull
RoofBob
Pedro
itsme
jle
David
santaccl
Rosa Venus
viajero
blabbyabbey
hickton
Smartalex
Playaboy
slainte39
Traveller
Cheesehead
Lady Otter Latté
lotusflower
Trailrunner
TTT
Sideways
brigitte
Flamingo
CanuckBob
LaChula
arbon
Ms.Thang
Grizzy
espíritu del lago
saege007
Axixic
67 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 10 Empty Re: Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

Post by Mad_Max Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 am

deleted

Last edited by Mad_Max on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 10 Empty Re: Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:18 am

More to this than the TV.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:06 am

I agree. The "rumor" about the altercation with those construction workers hit the street almost immediately after the incident. Long before anyone was arrested. I also saw some chatter amongst a few of their friends on Facebook that talked about the same altercation with these construction workers. Of course the perps aren't going to say "we killed them cause they pissed us off".........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:11 am

CanuckBob wrote:I agree. The "rumor" about the altercation with those construction workers hit the street almost immediately after the incident. Long before anyone was arrested. I also saw some chatter amongst a few of their friends on Facebook that talked about the same altercation with these construction workers. Of course the perps aren't going to say "we killed them cause they pissed us off".........
and it is to the state's benefit to discourage this line of thinking as opposed to a robbery gone bad.
the attorney general's quick personal response, is noteworthy-no?.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:18 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
Najera alleged the labourer had seen the Canadians buy a big-screen TV day a few days prior, and allegedly plotted a robbery with his brother, who had just been released from jail."

There seems to be a double track as far as motive....vengeance for job dismissal or robbery....maybe both.
In the learning process of these terrible tragedies, something keeps coming back to me, as far as what could have been done....
There is a saying in México, that is older than México....
"No cuentas tu dinero en frente do los pobres"

Prevention is better than justice.
Remember, in many cases, avaricio, celosía, y venganza is floating, like a crocodile, just beneath the surface.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:24 am

I think you are right, Slainte. They may not have gone in there intending to kill, but they ended up doing it just the same--perhaps fueled by anger and the desire for vengance. We all need to remain aware of what is floating beneath the surface as we move through life here--and everywhere.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by thomashellyer Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 am

From the Guad Reporter:

http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/news/news/lake-chapala/43508-arrests-made-in-ajijic-double-murder-case

thomashellyer

Humor : punny

http://www.chapalahomesales.com

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:38 am

Playaboy wrote:I really hate to say this but the reality of Mexico is that the "Police" won't catch them, they never do.

Murder Conviction rate

After reading the previous post....this post can be deleted,

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:54 am

looks like the same guy posted on twitter last night. I suppose the state wanted to make the announcement and pulled it.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 am

SunshineyDay wrote:More to this than the TV.

I also agree with this.

I wonder if there's a distinction between first degree and lesser degrees of murder here. In that case "We went to rob the place and panicked when the owners were awake" would carry a lighter sentence than "We plotted to kill them and make it look like a botched robbery."

If the TV was all they wanted, wouldn't they wait until the owners weren't at home rather than count on them not waking up while a robbery was going on? Especially if, as someone has already pointed out, they knew they had a dog.

Right?

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:00 am

Agree.
I think the 'robbery gone bad' explanation is a better spin than 'revenge and retribution'.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:10 am

They could have been on drugs as well during the time of the murder. Also they saw the couple leave the house with suitcases when they drove to the airport. I usually leave before six a.m. when traveling. There is protocol when one lives here. All the ducks must be in place.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:15 am

In case anyone missed the link above, the second brother has been arrested in Colima. Great police work!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:21 am

thomashellyer wrote:From the Guad Reporter:

http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/news/news/lake-chapala/43508-arrests-made-in-ajijic-double-murder-case

According to the article the attorney general assigned SEVENTY agents to the case!!
Too bad the average Mexican homocide victim isn't accorded anything even remotely resembling that sort of attention...

Last edited by viajero on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:32 am

Yes, that is something I often wondered about. I know it is a sore spot with a few Mexicans I have discussed it with. And rightfully so........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:05 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, that is something I often wondered about. I know it is a sore spot with a few Mexicans I have discussed it with. And rightfully so........
I've seen the AG,Luis Najera, in the news many times over the years,he seems like a very intelligent and decent fellow,once while being driven to his office he spotted two moto transitos shaking down a person with out of state plates for a mordida,he had his men arrest them and toss them in the back of his truck and left their transito motos on the the side of the road,I've admired him ever since.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Fraccs need to require workers present a no criminal history letter, utility bill as well as make sure people have a valid ID.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:16 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, that is something I often wondered about. I know it is a sore spot with a few Mexicans I have discussed it with. And rightfully so........

Maybe if more Mexican crime was reported on the front page of the Toronto Globe & Mail.....

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:24 pm

sambrit10 wrote:
SunshineyDay wrote:More to this than the TV.

I also agree with this.

I wonder if there's a distinction between first degree and lesser degrees of murder here. In that case "We went to rob the place and panicked when the owners were awake" would carry a lighter sentence than "We plotted to kill them and make it look like a botched robbery."

If the TV was all they wanted, wouldn't they wait until the owners weren't at home rather than count on them not waking up while a robbery was going on? Especially if, as someone has already pointed out, they knew they had a dog.

Right?

The fact that they caused a disturbance (breaking window in casita) to draw the victim to open the door will certainly be a factor in the trial over whether it was "premeditated" ...or not.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:53 pm

If, indeed, they did cause such a disturbance to lure the victim to open the door then
(a) it was no surprise that they were awake and could be expected to see them and (b) there was obviously premeditation involved.
I can't picture the scenario of the perps getting the victim to open the door so that the brothers could announce they were there to remove their TV, and that was that.
Not likely.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:17 pm

This article says that they planned and hid near a hill right before. They drank on Saturday then committed the crime on Sunday.

http://www.milenio.com/policia/Detienen-autor-material-homicidio-canadienses_0_244775649.html
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:22 pm

This article says that they thought she lived alone and were surprised she had a husband there with her.  They even stole clothes??  They took the cash and bought drugs and clothes.  

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2014/512791/6/hermanos-mataron-a-canadienses-cae-uno-informa-fiscalia.htm

It'd be nice if there was one reliable news source in Mexico...it's amazing how they piece things together with inaccuracies and facts.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:28 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Playaboy wrote:I really hate to say this but the reality of Mexico is that the "Police" won't catch them, they never do.

Murder Conviction rate

After reading the previous post....this post can be deleted,

I humbly eat a little crow.  I was around town and saw the police presence.  It was impressive!!!

I often hear about murders as they happen in Mexico.  I always read about arrests.  I never hear how they conclude the cases.  I hope they caught the real murderers, try them, and convict them.  

It would be very interesting to be able to follow the progress of this case thru the Mexican Judicial System.  In the States this information is readily available online.  Any suggestions on how to keep up with this case?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:42 pm

what is the normal jail term for this type of crime?

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TTT Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:02 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:That was the meeting held at Salvador´s restaurant on Monday. It was by invitation only. The President of the Canadian Club was one of the invited guests.

Okay, so some people who are supposed to be leaders in the community were invited to a meeting with Mexican officials. That is fine, except I have not read a statement from any of these invitees about what they learned at that meeting. Obviously they were invited as a way to get the information out to the expat community as quickly as possible.

Did anyone make an announcement and I just missed it? The president of the Canadian Club? We went to LCS looking for information, meetings, updates, and it was as if nothing had happened.

TTT

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:06 pm

TTT wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:That was the meeting held at Salvador´s restaurant on Monday. It was by invitation only. The President of the Canadian Club was one of the invited guests.

Okay, so some people who are supposed to be leaders in the community were invited to a meeting with Mexican officials. That is fine, except I have not read a statement from any of these invitees about what they learned at that meeting. Obviously they were invited as a way to get the information out to the expat community as quickly as possible.

Did anyone make an announcement and I just missed it? The president of the Canadian Club? We went to LCS looking for information, meetings, updates, and it was as if nothing had happened.
You need to look for the nearest field of sand.  There you will find them with their heads down.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next